If Dorsey leaves then what?

Niagara Dude

2 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

FYI Joe Brady was a WR for 4 years and then a coach for 2 years under Jimmye Laycock at William and Mary, which we all know is McDermott's alma mater. 

He also worked with Sean Payton who runs a combo WCO with E-P.

Most importantly, he's a big RPO proponent which is actually alot of our base offensive design.

Just saying there's a connection there.

I like this idea a lot actually. Brady didn’t quite get a fair shake going to work for Matt Rhule who seems like he is all over the place. 

10 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Sean Payton would be insane but that's not happening.  Nobody goes from HC to OC for the hell of it.  

No way Sean would allow that

Ranking the Top 25 offensive coordinators in college football for 2021

Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma)

Tony Elliott (Clemson) ... 

Kevin Wilson (Ohio State) ... 

Dan Mullen (Florida) ... 

Phil Longo (North Carolina) ... 

Warren Ruggiero (Wake Forest) ... 

Jeff Grimes (Baylor) ... 

Jeff Brohm (Purdue) 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Edited by Niagara Dude
spelling

19 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I still don't understand why people think Dorsey would leave if the Bills want him..

He didn't know Daboll before the Bills.

His relationship that brought him to the Bills was McDermott.

Josh Allen has publicly endorsed him for OC. 

Rumor is Daboll wants him and he may already be out the door.

Hes never been an OC before. If he stays here, he’s on an island. By himself no real experience to lean on. Does he want that? Does McD want that? Best thing for him is to go with Daboll to get all that. May be best for both teams.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Sean Payton would be insane but that's not happening.  Nobody goes from HC to OC for the hell of it.  

well, he’s earned a few bucks along the way, and OC is a lot less pressure relatively than HC.

It’s also an opportunity to work with one of the best QBs around. 
While I think it’s highly unlikely, I can still see that it has an appeal 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m not making suggestions, but as far as I know, these are the E-P guys out there. Keep in mind that a lot of them use elements from other offensive systems, but E-P is the base. 

Sean Payton!!

Pete Carmichael (depending what happens in NO)

Mike Shula

Mike McCoy

Ken Wisenhunt

Rob Chudzinski - some air coryell in there

Chad O’Shea

George Godsey

Bill O’Brien

Todd Haley

Adam Gase

Bill Musgrave who worked for Leslie Frazier

and Chan Gailey and Mike Mularkey!

McCoy, Shula, and Chudz have McDermott ties.

I do hope that Dorsey returns as that would be the ideal set up. I also wonder if Chad Hall makes any sense as well. As others have mentioned, people should be chomping at the bit for this job and the chance to coach Josh, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Trying to stay optimistic here. 

Other than Payton That's an underwhelming  list for our next OC.  Who wants old retreads?

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

If Dorsey leaves to be OC for Daniel Jones instead of Josh Allen, then I am glad he didn't get the OC job here because I would question his sanity, let alone his football wisdom.

Not only this - which is why this thread is a bit silly - but it's more likely the Bills would block the move and appoint him OC if they wanted to keep him. This FO's policy has been to block horizontal moves in the past so likely Dorsey wouldn't even get the choice if they wanted to keep him for OC.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m not making suggestions, but as far as I know, these are the E-P guys out there. Keep in mind that a lot of them use elements from other offensive systems, but E-P is the base. 

Sean Payton!!

Pete Carmichael (depending what happens in NO)

Mike Shula

Mike McCoy

Ken Wisenhunt

Rob Chudzinski - some air coryell in there

Chad O’Shea

George Godsey

Bill O’Brien

Todd Haley

Adam Gase

Bill Musgrave who worked for Leslie Frazier

and Chan Gailey and Mike Mularkey!

McCoy, Shula, and Chudz have McDermott ties.

I do hope that Dorsey returns as that would be the ideal set up. I also wonder if Chad Hall makes any sense as well. As others have mentioned, people should be chomping at the bit for this job and the chance to coach Josh, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Trying to stay optimistic here. 

Aside from Payton (which ain’t happening), the rest of that list, to quote @Sherlock Holmes, is, ”🤮”. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.