Freedom Convoy eh

wnyguy

12 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

The US just distributed 10s of millions of Afghan and Taliban (some US citizens as well) money seized from banks and gave it to others. What gives any government the right to do this? Power, law, need. 

When you are facing terrorism of any type, use what you can to control. If they dispurse, none of thus is necessary. But you cannot allow illegal occupation of any city, holding its citizens hostage. What do local citizens pay their taxes for so a few can claim freedom, that is bs.

What I continue to hear is that behind this protest is a radical group looking for a reason. Parliament was shutdown today, called at 4 30 am, highly unusual. The protestors in Alberta went home when they discovered a radical group amongst themselves. 

Everyone in a free country supports protest, not anarchy. 

So sounds like all Trudeau had to do to shut down the protests was just send some leftist anarchists into the crowd.  Why didn't he think of that?  Or maybe... he did?  

And while I'll admit to that being a conspiracy theory I take exception.  Who knows, maybe he talked with the FBI this week?  And why should my conspiracy theories be judged any differently than those created by government?  As they never offer up any proof, facts, or evidence.  What makes anyone believe them?  Credibility?  That's comical.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So sounds like all Trudeau had to do to shut down the protests was just send some leftist anarchists into the crowd.  Why didn't he think of that?  Or maybe... he did?  

And while I'll admit to that being a conspiracy theory I take exception.  Who knows, maybe he talked with the FBI this week?  And why should my conspiracy theories be judged any differently than those created by government?  As they never offer up any proof, facts, or evidence.  What makes anyone believe them?  Credibility?  That's comical.  

Strange how you said Portland allowed leftist idiots to over run  the city but when somebody takes kegal steps to control potential dangerous group without violence you whine.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Strange how you said Portland allowed leftist idiots to over run  the city but when somebody takes kegal steps to control potential dangerous group without violence you whine.

What potential dangerous group are you talking about? The truckers?

Listen, this protest goes much deeper than masks....everyone wants this to be the only issue.

Like to US this involves long standing feelings about immigration, government support to immigrants, 49billion more given to indigenous this past year, $10million granted to 200 black families to help them buy a house in Toronto etc etc etc. Tax money spent only on some. You know the scenario.

Left governments have been in charge too long but what idiots are running the right have gone too close to trumpers for 80% of Canadians. We will not unfortunately abortion, we hate the religious right, IMHO. 

Safe houses for druggies, soft judges, guns, weak police, gangs all play a roll. When this real and truly non violent protest started lots of folks loved it, even if you liked masks. But time has rotted the fish

1 hour ago, Irv said:

How Canadians got this clown Ms. Trudeau elected is even more baffling than Americans "electing" Demented Biden.  What a mess.  

You might not be aware that all Trudeau won was one district where he got 25k votes. After that it was the parties that voted him as leader.

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

what Trudeau is doing is not democratic it’s fascist.

Communistic. We need to add historical context to our definitions. 

Fascists imprison the perceived enemies of the nation. 

Communists imprison their own citizens. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LeviF said:

Communistic. We need to add historical context to our definitions. 

Fascists imprison the perceived enemies of the nation. 

Communists imprison their own citizens. 

Specifically, they imprison enemies of the party.  The party is more important than the country, more important than the law.  The party provides additional "rights" to its members and punishes and subrogates non-members.  Citizens exist to serve the interest of the party and the government. 

In a democracy the government exists to serve the needs of its citizens.   

Critics of the government's policies here are not threats to the nation or the government.  They are not terrorists.  Terrorists seek to destroy or replace the system.  In the trucker situation they are not seeking to revolt against and replace the Parliamentary system of government.  Or alter the legal system.  They are not a threat to the system.  They're not looking to tear down institutions and systems to replace them with some other institutions and system to their liking.  They are not motivated by or advocates of political change or social activism.   

What they object to are the people running the system and their policies.  The protesters are a threat to the elite ruling political class.  It's just that simple.  That's how it is with all populist movements and protests. 

They're not a threat to Canada.  They want social and economic restrictions that are not scientifically or socially effective or necessary removed.  They want the government claiming to follow the science to follow the science and not the politically driven pseudo-science policies of the ruling class.  But opposition to the political elite class is a danger.  So unable to speak the truth deception needs to be employed to cite a threat to the nation to rally the population in support of the elite.  It's quite a game and as long as the majority of citizens shy away from critical thinking and comply with blind obedience.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

The US just distributed 10s of millions of Afghan and Taliban (some US citizens as well) money seized from banks and gave it to others. What gives any government the right to do this? Power, law, need. 

When you are facing terrorism of any type, use what you can to control. If they dispurse, none of thus is necessary. But you cannot allow illegal occupation of any city, holding its citizens hostage. What do local citizens pay their taxes for so a few can claim freedom, that is bs.

What I continue to hear is that behind this protest is a radical group looking for a reason. Parliament was shutdown today, called at 4 30 am, highly unusual. The protestors in Alberta went home when they discovered a radical group amongst themselves. 

Everyone in a free country supports protest, not anarchy. 

The protestors are not in Afghanistan, nor do they appear to be affiliated with the Taliban.  In our system, the people entrust leaders to enact and enforce laws dealing with terrorist organizations, that’s where the right comes from.  That brings me back to the original point—presumably law enforcement had the authority to enforce laws the protestors were violating, but that didn’t go far enough for Trudeau.   

In fact, he decided that crippling penalties were necessary for citizens not arrested or convicted of anything beyond donating to a cause they believed in.  Imagine if your friend or family member was accused of a crime, and in support of their innocence you lent them money, or donated to help them defend themselves, and found out a week or two later that your assets were seized.  

Actually, in Canada, we don’t have to imagine that scenario.  It’s playing out in real time.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The protestors are not in Afghanistan, nor do they appear to be affiliated with the Taliban.  In our system, the people entrust leaders to enact and enforce laws dealing with terrorist organizations, that’s where the right comes from.  That brings me back to the original point—presumably law enforcement had the authority to enforce laws the protestors were violating, but that didn’t go far enough for Trudeau.   

In fact, he decided that crippling penalties were necessary for citizens not arrested or convicted of anything beyond donating to a cause they believed in.  Imagine if your friend or family member was accused of a crime, and in support of their innocence you lent them money, or donated to help them defend themselves, and found out a week or two later that your assets were seized.  

Actually, in Canada, we don’t have to imagine that scenario.  It’s playing out in real time.   

Sorry but while I love peaceful protests, message sending and causing some stiff, I cannot support this process past the first week. They have made a point, they are endangering other citizens they have refused reason and law. While I do not support this whole law as it us not required, but money coming from the US , Russia to undermine Canadian politics deserves to be dealt with. Don't be thinking we are talking a small family of 5 here losing rent money and a savings account from a 5 yr old's paper route. 

In any regards the law will not pass on Monday and with luck, the protest will be controlled. So far very little issue but many of the hard core will be last. 

19 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Sorry but while I love peaceful protests, message sending and causing some stiff, I cannot support this process past the first week. They have made a point, they are endangering other citizens they have refused reason and law. While I do not support this whole law as it us not required, but money coming from the US , Russia to undermine Canadian politics deserves to be dealt with. Don't be thinking we are talking a small family of 5 here losing rent money and a savings account from a 5 yr old's paper route. 

In any regards the law will not pass on Monday and with luck, the protest will be controlled. So far very little issue but many of the hard core will be last. 

Bill, how on earth do people keep falling for the “Russia” ploy?  Do you really believe a full forensic review of the origin of the money has taken place in the past couple weeks?   

I think the intent of the law is to crush dissent and send a message for the next time.  

Let’s review:

Current situation is that an admittedly peaceful protest complete with hot tubs and bouncy castles is being stomped out via the Ottawa police (complete with military equipment) carrying out orders of the prime minister which have not been approved by parliament and about which parliamentary debate has been cancelled. 

Leaf representative in PPP: well it’s about time!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

In the face of....the opposite of law and order at home that destroyed cities, lives, the death of cops, the loss of businesses and innocents - oh and an historic church burned in DC....all peacefull btw

- did Trump ever do so?

I'll hang up and listen.   

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

In the face of....the opposite of law and order at home that destroyed cities, lives, the death of cops, the loss of businesses and innocents - oh and an historic church burned in DC....all peacefull btw

- did Trump ever do so?

I'll hang up and listen.   

Your cult wanted it (proof provided) and now you're biching cuz Trudeau actually did it... 

flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop  flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Broke: Canada flattening the curve

Woke: Canada flattening grandma

Reminds me of that time tear gas was used for Conald's tough guy photo opp.  I don't recall the outrage from the cult.

Edited by BillStime

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Reminds me of that time tear gas was used for Conald's tough guy photo opp.  I don't recall the outrage from the cult.

what exactly is even the argument your making. a cult was not outraged from tear gas, so im not outraged at a old woman being trampled..cause im ALSO in a cult?

if your going to troll make sense once in awhile.

8 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

what exactly is even the argument your making. a cult was not outraged from tear gas, so im not outraged at a old woman being trampled..cause im ALSO in a cult?

if your going to troll make sense once in awhile.

Oh my response makes total sense otherwise you wouldn't be responding.

AND, there was a whole thread on this unfortunate event in Washington, DC and I didn't see any condemnation from the cult; including you.

• Eyeroll 1

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Your cult wanted it (proof provided) and now you're biching cuz Trudeau actually did it... 

flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop  flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop

Sure thing Nazi Bill

CNN-Mostly-Peaceful.jpg?resize=796,437

Nazi love rewriting history 

What was that Nazi Bill

EZZNWskU8AA5147.jpg

EZZNWskVAAE10_0.jpg

EXACTLY like I said.

Nazi Bill wasted no time

Edited by Big Blitz