Superbowl Party on Hold????

Billsfan1972

I'm actually MORE inclined to have a Super Bowl party when the Bills are NOT involved.  When the Bills play, I need total focus on the game.  I care about every snap, every shift, every block, every tackle, etc.  I can't do that while catering to guests or while people care more about commercials, etc.  I even find it hard to ATTEND a Super Bowl (or football) party if the Bills are involved unless it's all like-minded Bills fans.

With the Bills out, I can enjoy a football game and party as a casual fan.  Right now, I am hurting and don't want to think too much about NFL football, but I do love football, I enjoy playoff games and I'm sure I'll be watching on Sunday, even though it hurts that the Bills are not playing when they have a team that is clearly good enough to be.

As a side note, if Omicron is still raging, a Super Bowl party is out of the question for me.  There are some high-risk members of the family (elderly grandparents and a newborn - not mine, but my sister-in-law's) and I'm not going to put anyone at risk.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I do one every year (have watched every SB since 1993 with the same core group of friends at my place)...I will this year too...but I am pretty uninterested in whatever else happens....Chiefs/Rams might actually be a good game, but it is going to take a while to get over that thing last night. 

Last season ended with a big disappointment too...but they made it further than I had ever dreamed, and that game wasn't even really close... I suspect, in a few weeks, I will get over it, but right now, the thought of pretending I give a ***** if the Chiefs, Rams, Bengals or 49ers win a championship is not something I am looking forward to.

You're a bigger man then me.....😜

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So who else does a Superbowl Party?  Have done a small one with friends for years.  Not huge, but love prepping and seeing the guys (kids come too).

Had them over yesterday for Superbowl lite (spouse away).

After yesterday I'm conflicted and don't want to do it.  No interest in the prep and clean-up.

I will watch some next Sunday, but really right now don't care.

Anyone else do something for the Superbowl and now cancelling?   

I like Mahomes as a person, he seems like a genuine good guy especially after the game yesterday going out his way to find JA17.

But I hate the chiefs as a whole and have zero interest in watching a 3rd straight SB with them in it. So unless the Bengals pull a gigantic upset won't likely even be watching other than checking the score periodically to see if Rams/49ers can win.

It’s been over 30 years now, but I miss the mid-afternoon (eastern time zone) super bowl starts. They used to kickoff at 2:30 or 3pm
Sunday night games with extended halftime shows go until almost 11pm and we still have to work in the morning. Lousy time for a party for us folks in the east. 
If it’s got to be a prime time game, I wish it could be Saturday, but I know that will never happen. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably watch the NFC game. No interest in the AFC as I don’t want Burriw to have e. A shot before Josh and despise the Chiefs. Super Bowl I don’t know . Ugh the watch to root against AFC and maybe pull fir Stafford. I like San Fran but probably will skip it. Just too painful this year because I really believed it was ours this time. 

I had a dream last night that Burrows and the Bengals beat the Chiefs.

Not down to the wire, last minute heroics but a real tub-thumping

I don't know what that means.  Probably means Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram disassemble Burrows into component parts by the 2nd half and the Chiefs romp.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m only going to watch to root heavily against KC. Hey, maybe the Bengals take them out first. 

See above

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I'm actually MORE inclined to have a Super Bowl party when the Bills are NOT involved.  When the Bills play, I need total focus on the game.  I care about every snap, every shift, every block, every tackle, etc.  I can't do that while catering to guests or while people care more about commercials, etc.  I even find it hard to ATTEND a Super Bowl (or football) party if the Bills are involved unless it's all like-minded Bills fans.

With the Bills out, I can enjoy a football game and party as a casual fan.  Right now, I am hurting and don't want to think too much about NFL football, but I do love football, I enjoy playoff games and I'm sure I'll be watching on Sunday, even though it hurts that the Bills are not playing when they have a team that is clearly good enough to be.

As a side note, if Omicron is still raging, a Super Bowl party is out of the question for me.  There are some high-risk members of the family (elderly grandparents and a newborn - not mine, but my sister-in-law's) and I'm not going to put anyone at risk.

Agree 100%.  When my team is in it, I want to be able to focus on the game and then go party if we win or sulk if we lose.  When my team isn’t in it, it’s just an excuse to rage.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had a dream last night that Burrows and the Bengals beat the Chiefs.

Not down to the wire, last minute heroics but a real tub-thumping

I don't know what that means.  Probably means Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram disassemble Burrows into component parts by the 2nd half and the Chiefs romp.

See above

I am rooting against Kroenke. Don't really have any hatred of the other three teams, and I will confess to liking Mahomes's game. Not that I actually like the Chiefs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I am rooting against Kroenke. Don't really have any hatred of the other three teams, and I will confess to liking Mahomes's game. Not that I actually like the Chiefs.

I’m a big Mizzou, guy and Kroenke is a big donor.  He’s still an absolute scum human being.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.