The most fun player to watch in the NFL is Josh Allen. The least fun player to watch in the NFL is Tremaine Edmunds.

Chaos

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Here is Edmunds stats at the end of the year:

0 sacks. 0 forced fumbles. 0 fumble recoveries.

1 interception. 7 tackles for loss.

He is soft against the run. Looks lost half the time against the pass.

No one can ever convince me this guy is a good player.

so glad the magic Bean traded up for him.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Edmunds reminds me so much of Sammy Watkins. Great athlete but not a football player. Beane has gotten credit for being willing to move on from his mistakes....... Cody Ford was a day 1 starter at guard this year, Addison started all year, and Edmunds started all year. I don't see it. 

draft the best pass covering MLB & CB we can get, edmunds can stay for 5th year but unless he gets dramatically better, no reason to keep him

He played last night like he had cement boots on.  His greatest attribute is picking the wrong gap.  It's like when you go to the grocery store.  my super power is consistently picking the slowest line

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Edmunds will never be an appreciated player until he is gone and we have to fill the gap.  The defense was designed to leave the LB's out to dry last night, with safeties playing back and CB's covering zone.  Milano had just as bad a game if not worse than Edmunds.

Next year will be the decider for Edmunds.  Can he develop a better eye for attack and shoot the gap harder, or will he continue to be a good but not great MLB (which in McD's style, you need a great MLB).

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Id rather see him blitzing or playing man every single down. Move him over, he cant be the MLB of this team.

Watching him play zone and trying to process what is happening on the field is hard to watch. Hes always a second late to figure out whats going on.

Hes still a baby, so i wouldnt mind keeping him if we can get him on the cheap and hope he can continue to learn the game, but to pay him top 10-15 money would be absurd.

This.

He cannot and should not be the middle linebacker which is the brain of the defense. His instincts are *****, and that's exactly what you don't want at that position. 

He has value, but not at the price many think he'll command. 

Best bet is to move him for whatever you can get and use the money saved on someone who will have more impact

He did have one play where he rushed Mahommes and he showed off his speed, outside that though…

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Hughes moved from LB to DE.

Its time to move Edmunds to DE. He is hopeless as a LB but has size and speed to play a 4-3 DE. 

At least a Lorenzo Alexander type role. I’d be interested in seeing him at DE, but there’s more to it than being tall and fast. He’s a very ineffective blitzer thus far.

Was Hughes a LB in college?

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

I don't know about his smarts or lack of. My presumption is based on his role as defensive QB.  Maybe he's given that role because he's dead center in the defensive alignment and is in the best position to communicate assignments coming to him through the helmet radio.

I’ll just say I watch all the player interviews and I see a big difference in how he answers questions versus most of the other Team leaders… 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ll just say I watch all the player interviews and I see a big difference in how he answers questions versus most of the other Team leaders… 

Maybe. But sometimes shyness or general discomfort in from of the cameras and press could easily be misconstrued as lacking intelligence.  For whatever reason, the people who make personnel decisions have a lot of faith in him - at least that's the public face. How they handle future contract or trade offers will tell the true tale.

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Maybe. But sometimes shyness or general discomfort in from of the cameras and press could easily be misconstrued as lacking intelligence.  For whatever reason, the people who make personnel decisions have a lot of faith in him - at least that's the public face. How they handle future contract or trade offers will tell the true tale.

I’ve tried to give the benefit of the doubt, and certainly have had plenty of disagreement with the folks that don’t understand the MLB role in this scheme and blame him for every running play as if it’s the 1972 middle linebacker scheme.  I’ve bought into the pro bowls and the he’s still young mantra. But I’m all for going after some one that is a playmaker in the middle of the defense. 

Josh is a god.  Now official.

Tremaine doesn’t have the hips to play in coverage.  When he has to flip his hips, turn and run he falls all over himself 50% of the time.  

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He did have one play where he rushed Mahommes and he showed off his speed, outside that though…

At least a Lorenzo Alexander type role. I’d be interested in seeing him at DE, but there’s more to it than being tall and fast. He’s a very ineffective blitzer thus far.

Was Hughes a LB in college?

No.  Tremaine is the worst pass rusher on the team.  He rushes, gets blocked and stays blocked while getting little push.  He’ll never be a good DE unless you want your DE to suck at playing DE

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Id rather see him blitzing or playing man every single down. Move him over, he cant be the MLB of this team.

Watching him play zone and trying to process what is happening on the field is hard to watch. Hes always a second late to figure out whats going on.

Hes still a baby, so i wouldnt mind keeping him if we can get him on the cheap and hope he can continue to learn the game, but to pay him top 10-15 money would be absurd.

His blitzes are only successful when unopposed.  Lacks violent hands at point if attack. Can't bull rush anybody.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.