Provide you(r) own Hot Take Monday [edit]

WhitewalkerInPhilly

Just a few for me:

-I am ok with Frazier moving on. Give him the boot if you have to. The breakdowns in clutch third and fourth downs were on display all year.

-I don't see anything Sanders can give us that Davis isn't doing better.

-Hughes can walk. Star isn't worth the contract money so kick him to the curb.

-Draft a goddamn #2 CB

-When are *we* getting free agents midseason on the cheap to "compete with a contender"?

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Just a few for me:

-I am ok with Frazier moving on. Give him the boot if you have to. The breakdowns in clutch third and fourth downs were on display all year.

-I don't see anything Sanders can give us that Davis isn't doing better.

-Hughes can work. Star isn't worth the contract money so kick him to the curb.

-Draft a goddamn #2 CB

-When are *we* getting free agents midseason on the cheap to "compete with a contender"?

We drafted to get a pass rush might have considered second CB instead.  Not sure who decided the D calls on that 

last 13 seconds especially when we called timeouts before each of the plays !

2 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

We drafted to get a pass rush might have considered second CB instead.  Not sure who decided the D calls on that 

last 13 seconds especially when we called timeouts before each of the plays !

The one thing I would say in fairness to them is last year was NOT a good corner class after the top 4 guys who were all gone before the Bills drafted. The group this year has a bit more depth to do it. I do think they need to upgrade there and I'd be looking for a guy with speed. Because we lack that in the secondary. Even Tre (who would have made a difference) isn't a burner by any means. 

• Like (+1) 1

how much autonomy does frazier have on those d calls? do the players really love and respond to him? if not, he needs to be fired just to send a message that they are doing something to try to fix what happened. if the players really do rally around him, there is nothing you can do. 

but hard to believe there are no ramifications to a screw up as bad as we had last night. somebodies head should roll, but I kind of feel like it won't happen. 

our corners covered well down the field for most of the game. the end of the game came down to scheming. 

and not sure what the issue is that caused the chiefs to get so many yards after catch on the short throws throughout the game. that feels more like scheme than players also. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

but hard to believe there are no ramifications to a screw up as bad as we had last night. somebodies head should roll, but I kind of feel like it won't happen. 

our corners covered well down the field for most of the game. the end of the game came down to scheming. 

I just don't agree with the bolded. It's such a modern, reactionary, way of thinking. I'm waiting for people shouting "accountability" as if the only way you can ever hold someone accountable is by firing them. The Bills are really, really close. This was a flip of a coin game. We couldn't stop them, they couldn't stop us. We were 2nd best a year ago. We were not last night. I get it, losing like that sucks. It really does. Missed opportunities all year to have the game in Buffalo and then last night to close it out. But cold, calm, rational heads must prevail. Blowing thing up and pressing the panic button because of a defeat like that would not be wise. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For me, this game was marked more by sadness than anger. Maybe it's because I'm older; I'm not so sure.  What made it worse is that I was NOT haunted by that aura of "same old Bills," in that I really did expect them to hang on. After the last GREAT TD pass by Allen, I ran upstairs and was hugging my fiancee, yelling "Super Bowl." 

The sadness and pain that I feel is not primarily self centered. It isn't even centered on Josh Allen either. At the rate he is going he is sure to be one of the all time greats, and will make hundreds of millions of dollars. The world is his.

My sorrow is for the Bills Fans in general but especially those on TSW. So many of us have so many quirks but we are legit. Look at the thought, time, money, and effort we have put into being Bills fans! My crew and I were checking the weather in OP for next week during the game. Yes, the Super Bowl was ours, or so I thought. 

I am going to stick to my guns, now more than ever. I NEVER thought I would see a QB this great on the Bills. He is easily even better than Kelly. Protecting him  and providing him with more and better weapons should be our top priorities!!!!! Will they be? I just don't know. :( They just might focus on the secondary but no matter what they do, I will still cheer for them!!!

In any event Bills Fans, walk tall. Many, many years ago, @SDSposted that he is more of a fan of Bills Fans than he is of the Bills. Seriously, this comment could really be 15 years old but I never forgot it, and I agree. 

Somehow, some day, we will get there. NOBODY deserves it more than us.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Here’s my hot take. Rosseau and Basham were drafted specifically for this game, but they didn’t show up. We need help at the corner position, but I’m not sold on it being a first round need. The officials don’t allow corners to play football anyway. They certainly aren’t letting us get away with anything versus KC. You need a pass rush to beat an elite QB in today’s NFL. We got to Mahomes, but not with the type of pressure that truly disrupts a QB. The Rams might have sent Brady straight to retirement with a great pass rush. Our biggest issue is the draft capital we spent on the line. I’m not sure how much more can be done to fix it. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Provide you(r) own Hot Take Monday [edit]

I'm not sure I'm completely on board with the squib kick idea.  That could easily turn into annihilating the coaches for kicking to a person who ran it back or the ball going out of bounds.  

They had the ball at the 25 with 13 seconds left.  That should be easily dependable 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

This one stings. I didn’t sleep well.

The last Touchdown should have been Josh’s Moment, it should have been Our Moment. Josh played his Ass off and we squandered it away.

Football is a grind. Probably a New Roster. I have no doubt we will be back but man gotta take advantage when we can. 31 teams are all aiming to get better. All of these games this weekend came down to the last play. It’s a fine line of being a Champion and having  now to sit through another offseason. 

I’ve never been so disinterested in next weeks game. 

My Grandpa has this saying, This too shall pass. Maybe not for a bit but it will. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I just don't agree with the bolded. It's such a modern, reactionary, way of thinking. I'm waiting for people shouting "accountability" as if the only way you can ever hold someone accountable is by firing them. The Bills are really, really close. This was a flip of a coin game. We couldn't stop them, they couldn't stop us. We were 2nd best a year ago. We were not last night. I get it, losing like that sucks. It really does. Missed opportunities all year to have the game in Buffalo and then last night to close it out. But cold, calm, rational heads must prevail. Blowing thing up and pressing the panic button because of a defeat like that would not be wise. 

For goodness sake, stop being rational - this is not the time to be rational!

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.