This season had numerous head scratching moments on and off the field THAT ULTIMATELY COST US TONIGHT!!

Toyo321

1) Not signing anyone to help with the second half of the season at the trade deadline.

We will never know now what any help at CB or D-Line could have made this year because the front office is to afraid to make moves that wins championships.

2) Gabe should have been the #2 receiver all year long.

3) Our linebackers still suck.  This needs to be addressed in the off season.   This game tonight is proof of that.  The worst linebacker play in any game this year when we needed   it the most.

4) Coaching this year has cost this team like no other prior season.   Three pathetically coached games.   Jacksonville, Pitt and Indy.  Absolutely no excuse for how bad the coaching was in these 3 games.  Tonight's coaching, McD and Frazier sure as hell were a major reason for the loss.   

5) Not addressing the D-Line's short comings earlier in the season.  Yes we played better later in the season,  but to many times this year we have not gotten pressure to the QB.   WE HAVE TO GET TO THE QB.  SACKS ARE EVERYTHING!!!  AND WE STILL CAN'T GET TO THE QB!!!  TONIGHT WAS THE PROOF THAT WHAT WE HAVE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH     TO WIN A AFC CHAMPIONSHIP OR A SUPER BOWL.

6) Our defense was truly a mirage, a paper tiger.  We only had good stats that is all.  WE DID NOT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH DEFENSE TO GO TO THE AFCCG or the SUPERBOWL.

7) Allen was too good tonight to be let down by McD.  "Squib Kick"  Frasier  "Put 3 men on Hill" and "Put 3 men on Kelce" and deal with the outcome.  What he did tonight was dumb founding.

Just can't deal with the stupid decisions with the management of this team and its coaching.  Andy Reid made McD look a college coach tonight.   The end result tonight speaks for itself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How about waiting until week 13 to insert Ryan Bates at guard. The offensive line was offensive until he was inserted. Didn't hear Chris Jones name all night

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Beane has alot of explaining to do he drafted guys to upgrade the pass rush the last 3 years and it was still non existent 

They got pressure tonight, just couldn't make the tackle. Poor tackling by the whole team tonight. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

1) Not signing anyone to help with the second half of the season at the trade deadline.

We will never know now what any help at CB or D-Line could have made this year because the front office is to afraid to make moves that wins championships.

3) Our linebackers still suck.  This needs to be addressed in the off season.   This game tonight is proof of that.  The worst linebacker play in any game this year when we needed   it the most.

4) Coaching this year has cost this team like no other prior season.   Three pathetically coached games.   Jacksonville, Pitt and Indy.  Absolutely no excuse for how bad the coaching was in these 3 games.  Tonight's coaching, McD and Frazier sure as hell were a major reason for the loss.   

5) Not addressing the D-Line's short comings earlier in the season.  Yes we played better later in the season,  but to many times this year we have not gotten pressure to the QB.   WE HAVE TO GET TO THE QB.  SACKS ARE EVERYTHING!!!  AND WE STILL CAN'T GET TO THE QB!!!  TONIGHT WAS THE PROOF THAT WHAT WE HAVE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH     TO WIN A AFC CHAMPIONSHIP OR A SUPER BOWL.

6) Our defense was truly a mirage, a paper tiger.  We only had good stats that is all.  WE DID NOT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH DEFENSE TO GO TO THE AFCCG or the SUPERBOWL.

7) Allen was too good tonight to be let down by McD.  "Squib Kick"  Frasier  "Put 3 men on Hill" and "Put 3 men on Kelce" and deal with the outcome.  What he did tonight was dumb founding.

Just can't deal with the stupid decisions with the management of this team and its coaching.  Andy Reid made McD look a college coach tonight.   The end result tonight speaks for itself.

I'm not sure Reid had to do much.  Liked McD being aggressive early, but why you don't squib kick with your defensive playing poorly and a loaded offense on the other side that only needs a FG is mind-blowing.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

How about waiting until week 13 to insert Ryan Bates at guard. The offensive line was offensive until he was inserted. Didn't hear Chris Jones name all night

Hadnt thought about this but exactly...

They needed to have him on the bench in case Morse got injured?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

We watched Marv get outcoached 4 times. Now McDermott is continuing the tradition.  Not kicking a pop up kickoff between the 5-10 cost us the game. Then Mickey D's and Leslie girl doubled down on those last 2 plays. Rush 3 and double Kelce and Hill. Maybe stop calling heads. We've lost like 5 straight calls. Such a devastating loss. Feel awful for Josh. He deserved all the accolades if not for blatant stupidity. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Seriously, all these noobs need to calm down, sober up, and wait a day, or two before posting any more of this ridiculous hot-take gibberish.

And, please-- these random overreactions do not each need their own thread!

You mean I can't start a Spencer Brown Is Trash After All thread?

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean I can't start a Spencer Brown Is Trash After All thread?

what?  was he bad?  

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think that was the excuse, which is a poor job by Bean.  

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We watched Marv get outcoached 4 times. Now McDermott is continuing the tradition.  Not kicking a pop up kickoff between the 5-10 cost us the game. Then Mickey D's and Leslie girl doubled down on those last 2 plays. Rush 3 and double Kelce and Hill. Maybe stop calling heads. We've lost like 5 straight calls. Such a devastating loss. Feel awful for Josh. He deserved all the accolades if not for blatant stupidity. 

Allen called tails in OT

25 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Von Miller was available and went to the Rams,  Beane has done nothing to improve our pass rush & defence.  Fans need to stop being so accepting to losing,  get rid of Frazier to start and lets bring in some play makers on defence.  Edmunds did zero tonight and he expects to be paid and what did Milano do? nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think the worst play on defense may have been the screen in overtime on 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 10 when the whole defensive line recognized the screen except 57 which was the side they were running it to. If he had realized what was going on and reacted accordingly that could have dropped that play for a loss. 

The 13 seconds to allow them field goal range is brutal. Josh really deserved to celebrate tonight as well as the rest of the team. 

I do think the defense played better than everyone will remember. We did force a few field goals in the red zone. To their credit. Also they were on the field a ton because the offense had way too many three an md outs. They must have been exhausted by the time the end of the game/OT rolled around. That really is on the offense (maybe play calling). 

It is a team sport and you win and lose as a team. Still with 13 seconds left you have to be able to keep them out of FG range. 

This game made it obvious how badly we need speed/difference makers on the defensive line to me. People will pick on the secondary and LB’s but they covered well on lots of plays. Sure another elite CB would be great. I still think a top tier DE makes a bigger difference though. I also wouldn’t be opposed if we leaned into offense more at this point and went the way of KC. Just try to out score everyone. Josh I think proved he is next level elite. 

This was as good of a chance at a Lombardi as I can recall. Very frustrating. I will walk away though with a ton of confidence that we will go toe to toe with the big dogs for the foreseeable future. We should win some of these. Josh has ice in his veins. Very much being overlooked after that finale but not by me. 

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The DL player selection has been terrible.  Ed Oliver is the best of them all and I'd be happy to move on from him too.

He was the best player on defense and ur gonna throw him in the mud? Milano sucked, Hyde sucked, power sucked, Edmunds sucked. Oliver was just about the only disruptive player.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Would have liked Rousseau to play with his eyes on that sidearm pass. No doubt the defense let us down. Just a question of having lost our true lockdown CB 1. We just didn’t have White against a team you need elite CB speed and ability. I’d draft CB & find a playmaker for Allen Rd 2. 

48 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

People may think that’s funny but I believe McD was even asked about that very thing last season and he said he doesn’t like to expose Bates because he was the backup center for Morse. I’m 98% sure I heard him discuss this. I guess late this season they decided F it, let’s just play him. And it worked out great. 

14 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He was the best player on defense and ur gonna throw him in the mud? Milano sucked, Hyde sucked, power sucked, Edmunds sucked. Oliver was just about the only disruptive player.

I told everyone that Milano is not a big play LB and did nothing tonight,  how about having him jam Kelce at the line on that final pass before game tying FG

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.