Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Addison and Hughes are just too old and slow. They're both gone. And frankly our 3 young guys were useless tonight. Ed was the only front 4 guy making plays. Edmunds has been worthless for 4 years. 

I actually thought the young guys were noticeably better at containing Mahommes than Addison and Hughes.  No one was beating their man off the edge.  Oliver is possibly our best pass rusher at beating the guy in front of him.

• Like (+1) 1

Definitely some strategical breakdowns on defense and strategy that could legitimately be questioned. Sports is the greatest what-if? I’m glad the Bills are relevant again thanks to some good FO decisions. Our coaches tried to cover up the loss of Tre White, but the Chiefs overall speed and execution exploited that loss. Dane Jackson made some plays . In 20022 our team will come back stronger and more playoff tested. The defense and offense will be better. Just keep on getting better and I like our chances for the #1 seed. 

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Yes, it is hard to take. We also had the game won in Tennessee before blowing it on the kickoff.

When we scored with 13s remaining and Romo was raving about the Bills, I kept saying "it's not over, it's not over!" ... unfortunately that was true.

I thought it was over. I did 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't disagree. I wanted a squib kick to take off a few more seconds of the clock. I felt like that was the obvious thing to do. About the coverage, that's little more intricate. To me, it felt like Mahomes was going to find an open guy and give them a chance. I never felt confident even after the go ahead TD. 

Yep, it's one of those situations where it's less risky to have the return guy run it back then put the ball in Mahomes hands with 13 seconds left. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Perhaps, but squib kicks usually get past the first layers of the receiving team and usually end up getting fielded around maybe the 20 or so.  Yes, they might have started past the 25, but with 4 or 5 less seconds IMHO

Only if they fumbled around for the ball or tried to run it back. If the first guy fielding it kneels it out they lose one second. One.

7 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Interesting comment by McD during presser...when asked a question about a squib kick, he mentioned execution vs the special teams play call...did Bass just kick it too deep instead of popping up the kickoff??

Doesn’t matter because a pop up is STILL the wrong kick because the receiver can call a fair catch and no time comes off the clock. The ONLY call  a squib kick and our coaches screwed the pooch big time. It’s a travesty. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Squib kick are not the same as on sides.  You kick it over the blockers and short of the returner.  If it is in the field of play they have to cover it.  Time will run.   Somewhere between the 20 and 30

Again. Fielding player can kneel it out and stop the clock. The clock does not run after the ball is kicked. Only when a KC player touches it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.