Does playing for Home Field next week add incentive or just more pressure?

SinatraSinger

Adds huge incentive imo. The Bills goal was to host the AFC title game this time. They now have that opportunity in front of them for the taking. They’re looking at a situation where 3 of their last 4 contests before the ultimate game would be played in Orchard Park. It’s their time! 

• Like (+1) 1

Non-factor. How can there be more pressure than you lose you go home, or incentive to move closer to the SB?

As fans though, it's an incentive! I of course 100% wanted the Bills to win. But to play the conference championship in front of home fans? Wow. 

And well, no GB, no Titans, no Chiefs (hopefully!)... the road to the SB is more open than ever!

• Agree 1

I think there is enough to worry about just in the prep for the Chiefs there may now be some thought on it but i'm not really sure if that will be in the fore front of the players minds they are just worrying about getting a win no matter how they can get it and the rest will take care of it self !! 

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

Did you see Josh's post game after New England? It wasn't an act. He really didn't care what just happened. After a year of being a Super Bowl contender and taking everybody's best shot. An AFC championship loss. Two straight playoff losses. We are dealing more with a team who understands how hard it is to get to the Super Bowl and is no longer content in just making the playoffs. I hope no more lessons need to be learned. It doesn't appear like it right now. Josh was so cold blooded last week after that stunning performance. 

This!

I think the entire team knows that the only thing that matters now... is beating the Chiefs!!

They might give it a passing thought that it would be nice to play the AFC Championship at home. But their focus has to be on beating KC. 

I hope Josh and the team plays as well as they did last week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

No difference for me; we have to beat the Chiefs either way so anything else is a distraction. And we've had issues at Highmark this year (in terms of performance, all of our poor ones have come at home, Jags aside) so not sure how much of an advantage it could be.

We need to beat the Chiefs, then the Bengals to make the Super Bowl. That's the only thing that's important.

37 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think Cincinnati's win has little impact on the Bills' attitude today.  Sean McDermott has instilled a "one game at a time"" approach, and players have really bought into it.  

Yep. But players are humans. They know that if they win, the next game is at home, and let's face it, with an opponent that doesn't come with the same "aura" as the Chiefs, GB, Tennessee, etc. But they have to win THIS game regardless.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think the "Perfect Game" or "Saturday Night Massacre" against New England changed how I think about home games, in that Josh Allen did not seem excessively nervous.

On the contrary, he was ultra-dialed in and pumped up--super focused--as was almost the entire team, and they delivered a team performance for the ages.

If they can get up to that level of focus again, home field will be to our advantage I think.

How much it impacts the game is not NEARLY as much as fans would like to believe though.

bills have never won a road playoff game with McD or Allen.   I don’t think it adds pressure in a bad way.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.