Chiefs game menus

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I'm doing Whole 30 taco salad, but yeah, with meat, of course.  However, subbing in sweet potato "croutons" and vegan sour cream.

Getting old sucks, but frankly, I've become master of the taco salad domain.  And I can embrace this as a healthy, yet tasty, dietary option.

This is the second time I’ve seen someone mention sweet potato croutons. Is this a thing? How do you make them? I’m going to get a couple sweet potatoes tomorrow to be like the cool kids. 

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ha! Ok, I confess. We bought a great Pepperidge Farms gift box for friends we never got together with over the holidays. Salami, pepperoni, 3 great cheeses, a few mustards and dips, etc. 🤷‍♂️ Hey! Can’t let it go to waste. Wifee picked up some wings and sauce & a case of beer. Side dish is hot German Potato Salad.

Did I mention beer?😳

You mentioned a case, but I’m wondering about what your wife will drink, and what your plan is for the second half?  😋

I’ll decide between grilled wings, beef on weck or both in the morning. Grandson and mother will be here during the day, maybe some neighbors. Being the late game we may eat early while people are still around. Gotta figure this one out last minute. 

P.S. - I REALLY miss good German Potato Salad! That is some awesome food! My mom made it, and Schwabl’s is amazing! Maybe if we do the AFC/NFC Championship party? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the second time I’ve seen someone mention sweet potato croutons. Is this a thing? How do you make them? I’m going to get a couple sweet potatoes tomorrow to be like the cool kids. 

Let me post my recipe (just started a thread) in off the wall.  Back there shortly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

You mentioned a case, but I’m wondering about what your wife will drink, and what your plan is for the second half?  😋

I’ll decide between grilled wings, beef on weck or both in the morning. Grandson and mother will be here during the day, maybe some neighbors. Bing the late game we may eat early while people are still around. Gotta figure this one out last minute. 

P.S. - I REALLY miss good German Potato Salad! That is some awesome food! My mom made it, and Schwabl’s is amazing! Maybe if we do the AFC/NFC Championship party? 

Good point re; 1 case. I’ll gladly trade ya a pot of GPS for a Beef on Weck! Oh! Haven’t had one in a few years! We win tomorrow, I’m doin’ some long distance ordering!

Enjoy the fam!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm gonna do some Italian hoagies. 

I buy some Dietz and Watson honey maple ham, Genoa salami, pepperoni, and capicola.  I layer the meats on an oversized hoagie roll, generously top it off with some smoked provolone cheese, a dash of Italian seasoning, and set it in the oven for no more than 8 minutes at 400...

Pull it out, add my lettuce, tomato, mayo and Italian dressing, and voila.

As easy and basic a recipe as you'd imagine, but dee-licious.

2 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

Awesome!  Are you making this yourself(ves)?

No, take out! 

I do make several Indian dishes on my own though, some of which are pretty good.  

Not today though---Indian cooking is time consuming.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No, take out! 

I do make several Indian dishes on my own though, some of which are pretty good.  

Not today though---Indian cooking is time consuming.

Every year, well except during the COVID era, we hold a post-holiday holiday party on the Saturday after New Year's.  Usually about 40 people show up, and we cook nothing but Indian food.  There were protests in the one year that we served something else.  Having written that, we start cooking on Wednesday night.  To your point, Indian cooking can involve a lot of heavy lifting, yes.

Those who know me know that I customize a menu for each week’s opponent.

Last week it was Manhattan Clam Chowder only because I recently developed some Lactose Intolerance and New England Clam Chowder may lead me to shart myself during the game.

This week I am going to smoke some KC style beef and pork ribs that I have had under rub since Tuesday with a side order of smoked jalapeño corn and smoked baked beans.  

Local craft Double IPAs.

https://cliffordbrewing.com/product/all-roads-ipa/

Cognac for the victory celebration

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo/hine-rare-vsop-356857#.Ye09y1jMK3I

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.