Dolphins request interview with Frazier

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

I don't think Leslie will leave.  Too much hassle being a HC. 

“Too much hassle”? How would YOU react if offered, say, a $3 million a year raise? I could handle that “hassle” for a while. And most guys like the idea of calling their own shots. I don’t know him, so no telling how he feels about the opportunity. He’ll be 63 in a couple months, so if he is EVER going to do it, now would be the time. 

IMO, the Dolphins should have stuck with the guy with the hot hand. I think Ross will go for a bigger, younger name, if only for the splash. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Tell them that they can interview him after we win the Super Bowl, he's a little busy right now.

This is interesting with him getting Multiple requests now.  Definitely think he is a bigger loss tha. Daboll.  But does anyone know if they hold off on these interviews until after the playoffs, assuming that coaches team continues to move on? I know there have been coaches take time to interview before even with a playoff team as teams want to move quickly.   Sure seems like that would not be permitted by their team of employment but teams have filled head coaching spots prior to the Super Bowl every year.  I would imagine the hiring team if  very interested would wait until Frazier , for example , is done or out of the playoffs. Frazier will def be hired this year with the #1 defense.    There should be some good talent available to fill , and I am much less worried about losing Daboll. 

I'd hate to lost Frazier to a division rival, for sure.  While I would be wary to hire him as a head coach, given that he was not successful in that role in the past, I can see many reasons why teams would want to interview him:

• He has NFL head coaching experience
  • He has put up impressive numbers with his defenses in Buffalo, including the #1 statistical defense this year (albeit aided by a number of weaker offensive oppenents)
  • He appears to carry himself with class and dignity and is well-respected by players, coaches and management throughout the league (from what I can tell)

If he stays, great, but if he goes, and is not with a rival club, I wish him well.

Frazier and Daboll are both interviewing on Sunday, the day after the game.

This is so upsetting. If you think the fact that both of our coordinators, the day after the game, have an interview for the job they've always wanted and it's not a distraction, you're kidding yourself and are ignorant to human nature and practical matters like time and prep. They're not going into those interviews unprepared, which means they spent time and mental resources preparing this week.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is so upsetting. If you think the fact that both of our coordinators, the day after the game, have an interview for the job they've always wanted and it's not a distraction, you're kidding yourself and are ignorant to human nature and practical matters like time and prep. They're not going into those interviews unprepared, which means they spent time and mental resources preparing this week.

I get what you're saying but Daboll and Frazier have gone through this process before.  Also, a half glass full view would be they'll make sure to be extra focused on Saturday so they'll have great tape going into Sunday's interview.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Frazier wants a HC job.  He wanted one last year.  He wants one now.

Every coach has an ego, even sensible, mature, humble guys like Leslie Frazier. Fans who think coaches will turn down HC opportunities to stay as coordinators are whistling in the wind. That is exceptionally rare. Dick LeBeau, Josh McDaniels. That is my list of guys who have done it. 

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Bull.

If you think the Bills offense or defense can lay an egg in a playoff game the day before an interview and that won’t matter you are pretty damned naive.

Imagine be able to walk into those interviews after pitching a great offensive or defensive performance against a Belichick team?

Frazier and Daboll will be extremely focused this week and Saturday night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.