The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love reading these articles from the pats writers about how this defense needs a total overhaul.  This was the number 2 defense!! 

They were kind of like us in that an easy schedule propped them up but they seem to rely on a lot of man defense and winning individual matchups so when they play a good team they get beat up.  We do some interesting things with our scheme so it holds up against good teams a little better 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They were kind of like us in that an easy schedule propped them up but they seem to rely on a lot of man defense and winning individual matchups so when they play a good team they get beat up.  We do some interesting things with our scheme so it holds up against good teams a little better 

Agreed.

i know Mills was out for them, but that team can’t play man against us even with him and win.  Diggs can win against Jackson every time. But he doesn’t need to. Josh just spotted the weakness yesterday and spread it out. Unless the pats have like 5 great cover corners, they will never be able to play man against us and win. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Okay, this is beautiful to watch now. Ted Johnson is a complete tool and his comments are hilarious ("I don't trust Josh Allen to put up back to back games like that against the Pats")

Worst "I don't think they can do it again" prediction since August 1945.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed.

i know Mills was out for them, but that team can’t play man against us even with him and win.  Diggs can win against Jackson every time. But he doesn’t need to. Josh just spotted the weakness yesterday and spread it out. Unless the pats have like 5 great cover corners, they will never be able to play man against us and win. 

I’m a little (very) biased but I really don’t know where the pats go from here.  Macs ceiling seems like it’s not very high but he could be solid.  The defense though has a bunch of older guys who’s contracts are up soon and even with those guys they forced 0 points against their division rival two games in a row.  Barmore and Judon don’t really look special if their secondary isn’t taking receivers out of the game 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BRH said:

It kills me that their fans think something nefarious happened on the bye week.  Nothing happened.  After the bye they started playing better teams, with the exception of Jacksonville.  That's all.

There's also the very real possibility that the Pats and their QB hit their ceiling during that winning streak.

patriots beat

jets

texans

jets

Chargers— start of 4th LA up by one. They throw a pick 6 early in the 4th to be down by 7.

panthers— NE 14-6 at halftime. Panthers driving and through a red zone pick 6

browns

titans— Titans had 3 drives and in turnovers on NE side of field the last of the 3 the score was 26-13.they score on these they probably lead the game.

bills— the ***** wind game.

jags

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll be enlightened when/if this continues and we win the SB.  If we don’t and our offense happens to be stifled and our season ends your premise.  

sorry for taking a rational approach to a football game being played against a Belichick defense as opposed to acting like our team is unstoppable vs everyone.  We were last night 💯 and it created a memory that we’ll always remember but we still have to be unstoppable for 3 more games.  🙏🏻 for enlightenment.  

Straw man.

We were talking about the Patriots and the Patriots alone.

In the last three games where we didn't have hurricane conditions, Josh Allen has absolutely shredded Bill Belichick.

Historically shredded him.

The three games that didn't involve hurricane weather? 38, 33 and 47 points and 2 punts total.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed.

The great thing is that BB will be focussing this year's draft and free agency on stopping Josh Allen, which is kind of cool when you think about it

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Straw man.

We were talking about the Patriots and the Patriots alone.

In the last three games where we didn't have hurricane conditions, Josh Allen has absolutely shredded Bill Belichick.

Historically shredded him.

The three games that didn't involve hurricane weather? 38, 33 and 47 points and 2 punts total.

You were talking about the patriots but the reasons you gave regarding why they can’t stop us can be applied to almost every team in the league.  That was my perspective on the conversation we were having.  The reasons just don’t stand up in a vacuum.   

it was a helluva performance.  I’ll believe we’re unstoppable when we win the super bowl.  Not saying it can’t happen….but being unstoppable isn’t an easy feat to accomplish 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love reading these articles from the pats writers about how this defense needs a total overhaul.  This was the number 2 defense!! 

Driving home listening to the national post-game radio broadcast: analysts mention at least 3 times that the Patriots need to get "younger and faster," particularly on defense. 

I haven't tried to check for the offense and defense separately, but the "need to be younger" thing doesn't seem to pan out.

Average age of the Bills 53 man at the start of the season: 26.3

Of the Patriots: 26.5

Maybe they just need to get better (rather than younger or faster)

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I feel like this deserves its own thread because it's definitely great bulletin board material. This guy is an idiot. I have the link here starting at the relevant time (keep watching; it gets worse). Nice to see Matt Cassell defending the Bills though.

I give the other announcers credit for being honest and I will point out that Buffalo is why Miami and New Orleans are not in the playoffs. Michael Holley is a clown who is stuck on the Bills losing to Jags, which is one of biggest surprises in a lot of years 

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Worst "I don't think they can do it again" prediction since August 1945.

That should not be that funny.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The All-Pro-Knox Gallery said:

When you’re only used to winning you can’t accept defeat

aka can't be objective and continually deny what is obvious to any other thinking person. That the Bills Are a much better Team.... AND belichick had No answer,  no halftime adjustment and No CLUE what to do against our offense.  pats* fans acting like a bunch of immature spoiled brats.   Im sooo shocked  /Sarcasm

here's a crying towel patsie fan enjoy your offseason *wink*

lol

signed bills mafia

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

aka can't be objective and continually deny what is obvious to any other thinking person. That the Bills Are a much better Team.... AND belichick had No answer,  no halftime adjustment and No CLUE what to do against our offense.

It was remarked upon in the GDT... when was the last time you saw Belichick getting preposterated to the point where he had to call a defensive timeout in the first half? And that was the #2 defense in the league over the regular season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.