Crazy fan sues Giants & Jets for calling themselves NY teams

Albany,n.y.

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

LA and Cali do not have a lot of lakes but the ones they do have, have lake trout in them. So they are the Lakers that are in the nickname.

They could develop a mean ferocious lake trout logo if they desired and it would fit. Since laker ships do not troll Cali lakes a ship would not fit.

However, all the lakes in California that have lake trout are high up in the Sierra, far away from LA.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They just talked about it on WGR, so I looked it up and found this story:  https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-giants-jets-new-jersey-fan-lawsuit-20220105-md7uxrsvmzb5djnlwexshvyzb4-story.html

This could lead to a Buffalonian suing the Bills for playing in Orchard Park. the WFT for playing in Maryland & the SF 49ers for playing in Santa Clara.  

Big difference based on buffalo is actually in the state.

New York state could prevent big 10 from doing a football game or basketball tournament in anywhere in NT because they don’t have a team in this state.

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I heard Peter King talking to wgr about that this morning. King then went on to say that Patriots were 1 fumble away in week 1 vs Miami from being afceast Champions???? Is this guy really paid for his thoughts? Could we not list 4 individual plays from being 14-2?? So ridiculous 

Nope, he’s not paid for his thoughts. He’s paid to get you riled up. He’s paid to keep you listening, even when you’re mad. He’s paid to deliver an audience for the advertisers. Sounds to me like he’s done his job. 

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Oh, you mean The The Angels Angels of Saint Ana's Home?

That's a redundant name.  There's a whole list of them.  A few come to mind:

La Brea Tarpits = The Tarpits Tarpits

Lake Tahoe = Lake Lake

Laguna Lake = Lake Lake

Lake Michigan = Lake Big Lake

Lake Ontario = Lake Pretty Lake 

Chai Tea = Tea Tea

For @GoBills808

Ala Wai Canal = Canal Canal 😁😆

Tautological...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tautological_place_names

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_place_name

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They just talked about it on WGR, so I looked it up and found this story:  https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-giants-jets-new-jersey-fan-lawsuit-20220105-md7uxrsvmzb5djnlwexshvyzb4-story.html

This could lead to a Buffalonian suing the Bills for playing in Orchard Park. the WFT for playing in Maryland & the SF 49ers for playing in Santa Clara.  

I think it is a kind of false advertising. Just because other teams do it, doesn’t make  it right. Is it fraud? Probably not, but it is a sort of false advertising. I mean, these teams play practice and have their HQ in a different state. I wouldn’t sue, but it annoys me.

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is the suit because they call them selves pro football teams? 😂 

Best take yet.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How can this moron claim it costs as much to travel to the stadium than tickets cost?  Or that it takes longer than the game.  

Anyway this gets tossed as an obviously frivolous lawsuit.  Giants/Jets should counter sue. 

Well, I could totally see NY transit or the cost of gas and tolls at tunnels/bridges being more than Giants or Jets tickets on the secondary market this season 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, I went to a Bills game and there was no live Buffalo anywhere roaming the city. I believe Tre White TRIED to address this a couple years back. To me that screams that they had knowledge of the fraud and continue to mislead. I'm suing for 2.5 billion dollars, a stadium with a dome, and insist that Patrick Mahomes gets deported (along with his sideshow circus family) to Sweden. 

Buffalo don't even live in North America....

11 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Buffalo don't even live in North America....

Buffalo is not for bison or the water buffalo in Asian countries. It was a miss spelling of French word for "beautiful flow."

Buffalo is the name given to American Bison by white man in error though.

The distance from Manhattan to Met Life Stadium is shorter than the distance from Buffalo to Highmark. He'd have more success suing Kellogg's because the strawberry Pop-Tarts don't have enough strawberries.

21 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

And the Dallas Cowboys playing in Arlington.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.