*[EDIT]* Multiple reports Browns actively shopping Mayfield pg. 29/30 - Ravens / Browns in QB contract pickle

Inigo Montoya

Lamar is certainly a unique weapon and is difficult to contain.  But I just seeing his most potent part of his game diminishing in the coming years.   I think 2-3 years from now they will regret that decision to pay him those sort of bucks.

Meanwhile it appears that the Bills got an absolute bargain with the Allen deal.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

If Baltimore pays him that much,  they are out of their minds. You don't pay a runningback quarterback money. 

Especially a guy that is getting injured more often now

He is not just injured but personal issues and illnesses.

If they can trade him for 1st round picks (I like him in Houston) they can do okay with their backup QB for a year or two.

• Agree 1

Not shocked Lamar(‘s agent) is asking this. In this day, any young QB that has demonstrated a moderate amount of success, contract talks begin with a floor of 40M. It’s just the nature of the beast. 

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If they can trade him for 1st round picks (I like him in Houston) they can do okay with their backup QB for a year or two.

I if we’re Baltimore, I’d offer him to a bottom feeder for  2 1sts and 2 2nds.  

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

That's where I would be at if I were the Ravens GM as well. There is some GM out there thatbis desperate and would love to over pay in a trade. If I'm looking at my situation as Baltimore I would think the bidding for a "young former MVP 1st team All-Pro" could fetch at MINIMUM 3 1sts. Likely a good player or 2 back as well. 

Then add in NOT having that huge contract and you would have the ability between picks and cap savings to retool both sides of the ball. Huntley wouldn't be bad for a year or 2. Mariota would possibly do well in that offense. 

Lamar is a transcendent athlete at QB I no the NFL.  Not sure there is a price tag you can put on what he means and his worth to the Baltimore Ravens, The NFL, The Baltimore Community, Premier Face of Young Black Athletes, Fellow Players and Opponents.

there’s just a “it factor “ with Lamar.  You got opposing players on often do you have opposing players on defense simply running across the field to talk to him to hang out with him pre-and post game it’s incredible.

Not sure you see a player get more love or respect from their opponents as Lamar gets from the opposition.

Then we haven’t even gotten to the results on the field.

No Brainer you pay.  And maybe the football gods let the Ravens stay healthy in 2022.

Those 2 things happen then they go right to the top of potential Super Bowl Contenders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Lamar is a transcendent athlete at QB I no the NFL.  Not sure there is a price tag you can put on what he means and his worth to the Baltimore Ravens, The NFL, The Baltimore Community, Premier Face of Young Black Athletes, Fellow Players and Opponents.

The entire Baltimore County School Board felt that his truancy was way out of hand this season though.

• Haha (+1) 2

They're going to eventually have to cap QB contracts right? Like in the NBA your superstar Max player is probably worth 75% of your team money the league would have to have one a team to have parity. So he's capped

There's like 10 quarterbacks worth that. It could just be JA with vet minimum OL, WR and defense trying to beat a normally salaried team like the Colts by himself

36 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Not shocked Lamar(‘s agent) is asking this. In this day, any young QB that has demonstrated a moderate amount of success, contract talks begin with a floor of 40M. It’s just the nature of the beast. 

I if we’re Baltimore, I’d offer him to a bottom feeder for  2 1sts and 2 2nds.  

because teams will line up to pay that 

26 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Agent?

Yes, this gentleman right here...

18 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

there’s just a “it factor “ with Lamar.  You got opposing players on often do you have opposing players on defense simply running across the field to talk to him to hang out with him pre-and post game it’s incredible.

Not sure you see a player get more love or respect from their opponents as Lamar gets from the opposition.

No Brainer you pay.  And maybe the football gods let the Ravens stay healthy in 2022.

Those 2 things happen then they go right to the top of potential Super Bowl Contenders.

• Haha (+1) 7

14 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Sure there's the "it factor", but for a football team, positive plays win games.  Lamar has seen his YPG improve, but his INT % and his sack % went up also, while his rush y/a and YPG both have trended down.

The question the Ravens didn't entirely get to answer due to his illness and injury issues, is whether the league has "solved" him or whether he's improved his passing game enough to counter.

14 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

No Brainer you pay. 

They picked up his 5th year option and have the option to "just" pay him $23M and then try to negotiate a deal if he stays healthy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

If Baltimore pays him that much,  they are out of their minds. You don't pay a runningback quarterback money. 

Especially a guy that is getting injured more often now

everyone knew his annual salary would be elite. The question will be how far guarantees stretch. Likely still pretty far but a starting qb doesn’t take less per year. The team just can escape sooner if there’s justifiable concerns on the resume 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.