Any news on Bates injury?

msw2112

The line played well today and it was great to see Ryan Bates starting at guard, a well-deserved opportunity.  He left the field with what appeared to be a serious injury on the final series, but I have not been able to find any information on his injury.  Obviously, I'm hoping that he's OK, both for Bates' sake and also the team's.  With Ike already out, the Bills' depth on the interior line is pretty thin and I hate to see Bates miss out on his opportunity to be a starter.  If anyone has any updates, please share with the board.

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, msw2112 said:

The line played well today and it was great to see Ryan Bates starting at guard, a well-deserved opportunity.  He left the field with what appeared to be a serious injury on the final series, but I have not been able to find any information on his injury.  Obviously, I'm hoping that he's OK, both for Bates' sake and also the team's.  With Ike already out, the Bills' depth on the interior line is pretty thin and I hate to see Bates miss out on his opportunity to be a starter.  If anyone has any updates, please share with the board.

Chris Brown and other journalists noted on Twitter during the game that Bates walked off under his own power. 

I hope someone asks McD if he would have come back in if the play happened earlier in the game.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks - this was the info I was looking for - and it's good news.  I'd say he's between questionable and probable for the Jests game on Sunday and back for the playoffs for sure.  It will be interesting to see if he is reinserted as the starter, or if the injury costs him the spot.  Feliciano and Ford were also back from COVID list prior to yesterday's agme, so now we are only down Ike at guard.  Could be a lot worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Thanks - this was the info I was looking for - and it's good news.  I'd say he's between questionable and probable for the Jests game on Sunday and back for the playoffs for sure.  It will be interesting to see if he is reinserted as the starter, or if the injury costs him the spot.  Feliciano and Ford were also back from COVID list prior to yesterday's agme, so now we are only down Ike at guard.  Could be a lot worse.

I'd rest him against the Jets then start him for the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, In Summary said:

I'd rest him against the Jets then start him for the playoffs. 

Not a bad thought, although if he is 100% by Sunday, I think he starts the game.  He has not gotten a lot of reps, so if he's going to be the starting left guard in the playoffs, he needs to get more reps and continue to develop chemistry with the rest of the line.  Also, as someone astutely pointed out above, the Bills may want to see what they have in Bates if they are considering moving on from Feliciano after the season to save on cap and/or because Feliciano's performance has declined (despite him being a good dude).

Edited by msw2112

17 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Not a bad thought, although if he is 100% by Sunday, I think he starts the game.  He has not gotten a lot of reps, so if he's going to be the starting left guard in the playoffs, he needs to get more reps and continue to develop chemistry with the rest of the line.  Also, as someone astutely pointed out above, the Bills may want to see what they have in Bates if they are considering moving on from Feliciano after the season to save on cap and/or because Feliciano's performance has declined (despite him being a good dude).

If he's 95% or so I'd agree to play him for a quarter or so.

43 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Sad development for Bates, team saves some coin releasing Mongo and I’m sure they’d love to know if they had a replacement lined up. 

Even if Bates isn't the long term answer I think it's pretty clear Feliciano's day as a Bill are numbered.

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Bates is this team's Ed Wang...but more firm and rigid of a player. Wonder if he knows Levitre? I hear through him you can meet Wood.

Bates is actually a pretty solid player. Far from Ed "suck my" Wang.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.