Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Hey now...there's still a week in the regular season. Nothing's guaranteed.😂😂

So you're saying he is on the hotseat?

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think the Ref felt very sorry for the Falcon defender...I mean you never know if Josh is ever going to slide feet first and avoid that contact...All these players have been asked to hit 17 and hit him hard...

It doesn't matter. He slid. The rule is the rule.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mango said:

Love Josh. I get amped when he runs. But we have to do a better job of settling him down as a passer. He’s a franchise QB and needs to take care of himself. He’s playing like a FB. I’m terrified the dude will fall off a cliff like Cam with the kind of abuse he’s taking.

We are leaning on his running heavily when he can’t settle his arm down. The JA run needs to be in addition to his arm, not a replacement at this point. Other mobile guys like Russ, Lamar, etc. aren’t taking the same abuse. Not even close. 

I've thought more about this as this season has progressed. I'm sure he feels invincible now. I will be crushed if he is a shell of himself before his late thirties. 

• Like (+1) 1

as far as injuries it would seem ( I Hope)  The Bills were pretty unscathed with exception of possibly Bates. However Chris Brown said he walked off under his own power and McDermott reported no injuries

Chris Brown

@ChrisBrownBills

Jon Feliciano in at LG for Ryan Bates who was shaken up on last play and walked off under own power. #Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

What you saw today was the continuing evolution of Josh as the leader of this franchise. 3 turnovers and he never seemed rattled. He looked more annoyed than anything. Here’s a guy who you can tell doesn’t give 2 shts about what the stat line looks like, all he wants is Ws. There are a lot of guys who talk the talk but Allen backs it up with his play as evidenced by his numerous runs where he refused to go down (we can discuss whether that’s the best tactic but at this point in his career you can’t take that out of his game, it’s who he is). 

I don’t think you can overstate how play like that elevates every single player around him. That’s the type of play that gets all these guys talking and playing like they’d run through a wall for Josh Allen. No other QB in the league right now is playing with that type of determination. Yeah there are better passers, Lamar is a better runner, but there’s no better complete QB (even Mahomes) who fits better with his franchise than Allen in Buffalo.

This is true and a great post and what it means is that Josh will always be overlooked for individual accolades because those are given to QBs great on paper and not necessarily on the field. Most fans and talking heads don’t watch Bills games so being snubbed will be his “thing.” It’s ok for us to complain about it (not ad nauseam) but we should expect it. They’ll say he’s just “vanilla Cam” or whatever. It’s all fine I think because JA will use it as a continual source of ammo and motivation to accomplish really extraordinary things—all while improving the play of the guys around him.

23 minutes ago, arcane said:

I've thought more about this as this season has progressed. I'm sure he feels invincible now. I will be crushed if he is a shell of himself before his late thirties. 

He’ll adapt and run less in a couple years. He’s fine now 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Such a douchey little look at me, I don’t complain when the refs make poor calls🤡. If you can’t see that some teams consistently get the short end of the stick you’re too busy patting yourself on the back for being above the average fan who see’s teams get poor calls time and time again. Of course Buffalo fans think their team gets it worse then others, most fans only watch the Buffalo game. If you watch a couple games a week you see a pattern of poor officiating league wide. Look even closer and this year Tampa and New England seem to get favorable calls most games, not all but most. If you don’t understand emotional responses from Bills fans you are in the wrong place. Here we are locking up a play off birth and all day you are asking your stupid question. Here’s a question for you, are you a Bills fan or just a troll being an ass here?

Ok so “rigged” according to you.  Excellent.  Ciao.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

So the Bills just clinched a playoff birth and you want to spend your day arguing about some straw man crap with no one.  Man your life must be pathetic.

Cute.. however what I’m bringing up is valid.  The Bills winning some games and making the playoffs runs contrary to a certain shall we say “theory” that rages on here.  The latest win vS the Pats runs contrary to that theory as well.  Pathetic?  Feel free to skip the reply button.  No one will frown if you do.  However, this is sound and timely topic to be bringing up.. especially on this forum.  You don’t like it?  Blame the conspiracy theorists.  

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I was curious about that INT myself. Josh didn't seem to happy

It was well past five yards and was illegal contact as a result. Josh was right; should have been a five yard penalty and automatic first down. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Haha this made me chuckle. First off, I actually didn’t mind Sanchez on the call at all.

I don’t remember the exact point in the game, but Sanchez was kind of griping over something Josh did. Maybe he was in disbelief… I honestly don’t remember the context.

Anyway, my dad goes “Well Mark, you can’t believe it because your signature play was the butt-fumble.” 

I got a good little chuckle out of that. 

I said the exact same thing to my wife, when Sanchez said that. 

Edited by Bad Things

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

It was well past five yards and was illegal contact as a result. Josh was right; should have been a five yard penalty and automatic first down. 

Yeah definitely should have been called, but after the contact it kinda seemed like Bease slowed up on the route and didn't think ball would come to him. Maybe it was a timing thing and the contact messed it up enough that he felt there's no way ball comes to him or maybe he thought Josh already got the ball away to another WR?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kudos to McK for being a great teammate but SMD head at this

11 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I commented on this up thread...he didn't want to stick with McK when he fumbled though. Don't know if McK would have done better at KR or not today, but I was nervous each time Stevenson touched the ball. With the slippery conditions I suppose i would have been nervous with McK also though...

I think there are several reasons that he didn’t stick with McKenzie back there - primarily because he is on a 1 year contract and if (at the time) his main job is returning and he is fumbling (like he did early in his career) - that is who he is as a returner.

Stevenson is a rookie with lots to learn and a 3 year contract - so much more developmental.

What really sucks for this team is McKenzie can return punts, but struggles with kickoffs, Stevenson is better at Kickoff returns, but seems less sure on punts, but going forward - you do not want 2 separate guys doing that.  

My guess is that is something they look for in the off season - one player that can do both consistently.

The “official” stat sheet says Beasley had 2 catches. But he had 3! 2 for 1st downs and a 2 point conversion. Neither the catch nor 3 yards are given to him -to say nothing of 2 more points he scored. I never bothered to know why before, but going for 2 is so prevalent anymore that I think this should be addressed by the League.

What say you?

6 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Cute.. however what I’m bringing up is valid.  The Bills winning some games and making the playoffs runs contrary to a certain shall we say “theory” that rages on here.  The latest win vS the Pats runs contrary to that theory as well.  Pathetic?  Feel free to skip the reply button.  No one will frown if you do.  However, this is sound and timely topic to be bringing up.. especially on this forum.  You don’t like it?  Blame the conspiracy theorists.  

Yeah, no. Cool your jets, youngun. Noobs shouldn’t even be seen, let alone heard from. Read and learn what’s acceptable here.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.