Around the NFL Week 17

HappyDays

Just now, ßookie_tech said:

Yeah, I was asking thoughts, not looking for action on the wall. 

Oh, my comment wasn’t in relation to your post. Just in relation to this garbage Sunday night crew making their picks.

But now I feel obliged to reply. I’d happily take Green Bay -12.5 tonight. This should be a bloodbath. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't want to turn this into something it's not, obviously Diggs is a great player but if you look at Diggs first two seasons in the NFL compared to Jefferson it's not even close. Even when you stack up Diggs career year this season + 2021 so far, Jefferson still appears to be the better guy.

Jefferson looks like a future HOF through 2 NFL seasons with 1400+ yards in each with a QB throwing the ball to him that many don't even think is franchise caliber. That's truly rare company in this league when you look at some of the all time greats. He's also 6 years younger which I made a mistake on.

Umm the Bills don’t need a WR  so this is a pointless exercise. Their scoring is near the top of the league and point differential is great too. This or that WR won’t be the difference for this team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is the Steelers game important tomorrow

Just did the Play Off Predictor where we lose to the Jets and the Steelers or Browns win out; in either case we fall to seventh seed (edit: If all other results go as expected).

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't want to turn this into something it's not, obviously Diggs is a great player but if you look at Diggs first two seasons in the NFL compared to Jefferson it's not even close. Even when you stack up Diggs career year this season + 2021 so far, Jefferson still appears to be the better guy.

Jefferson looks like a future HOF through 2 NFL seasons with 1400+ yards in each with a QB throwing the ball to him that many don't even think is franchise caliber. That's truly rare company in this league when you look at some of the all time greats. He's also 6 years younger which I made a mistake on.

Since we’re doing hypotheticals…

Let’s just say we don’t trade for Diggs. We keep our pick and draft Justin Jefferson. Instead the Patriots trade for Stefon Diggs and Tom Brady never leaves. 

This isn’t really just a hypothetical… it was a realistic possibility. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

42 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Since we’re doing hypotheticals…

Let’s just say we don’t trade for Diggs. We keep our pick and draft Justin Jefferson. Instead the Patriots trade for Stefon Diggs and Tom Brady never leaves. 

This isn’t really just a hypothetical… it was a realistic possibility. 

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the Diggs trade even with Jefferson's ascension. Diggs is also a team leader and has a great relationship with Josh, two things that a rookie definitely does not guarantee you. They're both top tier WR's, ours just fits this team perfectly.

Edited by Nelius

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.