1/2/2022 Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd like to see Beasley involved a lot in this game and save McKenzie for the playoffs. Teams don't have a ton of film on McKenzie this year. Catch a team by surprise maybe.

They really don’t play the same role. McKenzie running very different routes last week than Beasley. He had the speed to run those drag routes in man situations.  I think their usage over the rest of the season and playoffs will be dependent on matchups. McKenzie was matched up 1:1 with a backup CB who belichick never adjusted to give him help. Beasley consistently goes against the top slot corners. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 3

Of the ex Bills on the Atlanta roster:  Matt Barkley, AJ McCarron, Lee Smith and Lafayette Pitts, Smith and Pitts can see some playing time.  Lee Smith was a favorite of mine when he was on the Bills.  Send them home with a loss. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They really don’t play the same role. McKenzie running very different routes last week than Beasley. He had the speed to run those drag routes in man situations.  I think their usage over the rest of the season and playoffs will be dependent on matchups. McKenzie was matched up 1:1 with a backup CB who belichick never adjusted to give him help. Beasley consistently goes against the top slot corners. 

I understand that but I don't see any need to give teams more film on McKenzie in our offense. Should be able to handle the Flacons and Jets without much contribution from McKenzie. Roll primarily with Davis, Diggs, Beasley today. 

• Dislike 1

55 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Falcons are among the worst teams in the NFL by metrics. They win close games against bad/mediocre teams but get blown out in losses to good teams.

This should be a blowout.

Should be and expect it to be.  Just hope they play to their strengths and not to the level of the falcons.

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Good to see Star back, hope things are ok for him and his family.  Also

good to see Efe and Eli getting opportunities. Hope they both get sacks today!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Since1981 said:

No real wind. Phew. Flakes and cold—no probs.

No wind, it’s Josh time!

You out there right now?  Weather called for steady 15mph winds all game.

Mid 20s?  Is that accurate?