Safety Darren Woodson

Defensive tackle Bryant Young

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Rico said:

That sucks. :thumbdown:

So Hester, Andre Johnson, and Demarcus Ware are the only 1st-year eligibles along with a bunch of also-rans? They should just skip this year.

Man, just my opinion, but the special meaning of the HOF has been watered down. Ronde Barber??  The HOF should only induct 1 or 2 a year. These lists, in recent years, lack significance and are unimpressive to me. A long career should not equate to a HOF career. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Too bad , it would be good for the overall view of the game if a guy like him actually made the HOF. He was the best gunner ever. That should count for something. People would realize games are won & lost on ST weekly. If great teams like the Bills had during the SB run needed a guy like him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Man, just my opinion, but the special meaning of the HOF has been watered down. Ronde Barber??  The HOF should only induct 1 or 2 a year. These lists, in recent years, lack significance and are unimpressive to me. A long career should not equate to a HOF career. 

Yeah, I couldn’t vote yes for a single one of them. Boselli is the only one who was truly elite, but he didn’t play long enough…. I guess Hester was pretty great too at what he did.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Barber is easily a hall of famer. Amazing player and one of the most important parts of one of the top 1-3 defenses in history. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

With Devin Hester a near lock, I gotta think it’s a tough year for Tasker to try and get 2 ST guys through 

You think Devin Hester is a lock to get in his first year?  We’re talking about the hall of fame…yellow jacket.  While he’s def the best punt returner ever, I don’t think he’s even close to the best KO returner ever. 

If Tasker never gets in, either should Hester imo.  Tasker has been known as the best ST player ever for the last 25+ years. Hester is the best punt returner ever…..but not the best KO returner ever.  Maybe it’s me being a homer, but I think it would be ******* if Hester gets in first. But the nfl is all about TDs and Hester has lots

• Agree 2

There are great players on this list, but there is not one player that I think "hall of fame" when thinking of the very best.

Boselli, Ware, Hester, Andre Johnson, Jared Allen and Patrick Willis (for short periods of time) were among the best at their positions, so these would be the players I would most consider.

Still, I don't think any of these players were significantly more important individually to their position or team's success than Tasker.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Mailman said:

I agree, a long career should not equate to a HOF career.

But wait until Frank Gore gets eligible.  He was never close to being the best back in the NFL for any season, but he kept on chugging along, and now is among the career leaders.  The lazy voters will look at stats, not capability or impact.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.