Leslie Frazier in play for Raiders HC job

stuvian

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That was a good defense, not sure if he meshes with McDermott, who will find the right guy.

Eric Washington is on the staff now and has some experience at DC.  John Butler has done a nice job with the DBs but does not have DC experience. McDermott has history with Mike Caldwell who is currently with the Buccaneers. If they went outside the current organization I'd guess Caldwell but I will bet they stay in-house and go with Butler or Washington.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I don't think McDermott would change the defense that much.

Probably not, but I LOVED watching that defense. I think he ran a lot of wide 9 which I believe requires some pure speed pass rushers, don't know if we would have the guys to do that, but man, we got after the QB with Schwartz.

49 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Eric Washington is on the staff now and has some experience at DC.  John Butler has done a nice job with the DBs but does not have DC experience. McDermott has history with Mike Caldwell who is currently with the Buccaneers. If they went outside the current organization I'd guess Caldwell but I will bet they stay in-house and go with Butler or Washington.

This is probably more likely.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Probably not, but I LOVED watching that defense. I think he ran a lot of wide 9 which I believe requires some pure speed pass rushers, don't know if we would have the guys to do that, but man, we got after the QB with Schwartz.

I agree completely. I really thought that was a great defense. I just think it is quite a different scheme from Sean McDermott's. Leslie basically runs McDermott's defense, so I'm sure McDermott would bring in someone, or promote someone from within, to do the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Frazier is exactly the type of HC the Raiders may need after the season they just had regarding drama. Leslie will bring stability and accountability. Not to mention I doubt anyone will be digging up salacious emails from him. 
I hope he gets the job, the man deserves it. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.