Move Tremaine Edmunds to DE next season.

r henderson

21 minutes ago, babulator said:

What you call terrible most unbiased and unemotional people see as glaringly obvious. Do you see him as an effective run stopper? pass rusher? Please share.

I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make about his long arms. Because he has long arms, he doesn't have to be a good run stopper... what? Maybe you could elaborate?

I'd watch the tape again. It's very hard to make the case that he's a good or even fair run stopper.

Or we could be giving an honest assessment of player and a position that we need improvement at. *shrugs*

You're guessing that on a few long runs Edmunds was the reason.

I've never tried to say Edmunds is good vs the run. You're basically saying he's problem on defense. A defense that's been ranked top 5 in 3 out his 4 years and could finish #1 in yards and points this year.

I think what you need to do is spend less time trying to prove Edmunds is bad and watch other Mike's and defensive lines around the league. 

It's a collective effort when the Bills get beat for a big run. 

18 hours ago, r henderson said:

He has the same frame as TJ Watt. Both guys are 6’5 250ish. Also Edmunds is much more athletic than Watt. Edmunds forty time is 4.54 compared to Watts 4.69. Long arms with great get up of the edge. Played the position in high school along with TE. He only seems to get up with blockers when is 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. When he’s right on the line of scrimmage he generally handles blockers well. I believe that is his true NFL position. 

lol stop. You know this based on what? What’s your experience compared to Frazier and McDermott? Ridiculous.

I kind of feel like Tremaine Edmunds run defense hate is similar to people saying the Bills need to run the football.

We're not built to defend the run and we're not built to run the football. We're built to shut down the pass on defense. That's our strength. We play to that strength. If teams are able to dictate the game by running the football then we're going to struggle.

It's not just Edmunds. It's the entire front.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You're guessing that on a few long runs Edmunds was the reason.

I've never tried to say Edmunds is good vs the run. You're basically saying he's problem on defense. A defense that's been ranked top 5 in 3 out his 4 years and could finish #1 in yards and points this year.

I think what you need to do is spend less time trying to prove Edmunds is bad and watch other Mike's and defensive lines around the league. 

It's a collective effort when the Bills get beat for a big run. 

How very cliche' "football is a team effort" Yes, of course it is, but within the team they all play a roll, some to better degrees than others.

You're either satisfied or feel we can not do better. I am neither. *shrugs* 

1 minute ago, babulator said:

How very cliche' "football is a team effort" Yes, of course it is, but within the team they all play a roll, some to better degrees than others.

You're either satisfied or feel we can not do better. I am neither. *shrugs* 

Are you reading anything? I've said we can do better in the run game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think asking him to primarily be a pass rusher is the answer but I simply think he’s more expensive than he’s worth. If we could trade him in the off-season, I probably would (assuming you get like a day 2 pick or something for him).

Edited by DCOrange

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I don’t think asking him to primarily be a pass rusher is the answer but I simply think he’s more expensive than he’s worth. If we could trade him in the off-season, I probably would (assuming you get like a day 2 pick or something for him).

I agree with you except I don't think there is going to be much of a trade market for him.

I just think we won't re-sign him when the time comes.

The OP is basically just trying to get more out of Tremaine's natural athleticism, which makes sense.

The problem is with his low football IQ; he limits himself.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I agree with you except I don't think there is going to be much of a trade market for him.

The OP is basically just trying to get more out of Tremaine's natural athleticism, which makes sense.

Yeah I tend to think there might not be much trade interest/we’d have to settle for an early day 3 pick to move him but at that point, I don’t think I’d bother. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Interesting that this article suggests Edmunds purposely blitzed into the running back to tie him up and prevent the outlet…

I think a better player puts that RB on his @ss and makes the sack himself, but thankfully Oliver was able to get there before Jones got the ball off. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Y’all continue to be so misguided on Edmunds. He’ll be extended in the $14-15M and the team will scoff at any suggestion Edmunds isn’t worth every penny. 

This should help explain why: 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vRyp8GHVD5Y

There is plenty of evidence why he’s a perfect fit for this defense.  

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, FireChans said:

Won’t he still have to read-react as an OLB in the 4-3? 

Honestly curious because Bradham was a similar guy who was much better in our 4-3 where you had to just play and use instinct but he was an ILB no?

Where did Bradham play for the Eagles? IIRC, he was a key piece to their defense when they brought home the Lombardi 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.