If the following happens - NE is out of the playoffs

psuscott16

Bills win one more. 

Miami wins out.

NE wins week 17 versus Jax and loses to Miami week 18.

Indy loses to the Raiders next week and wins week 18 versus Jax.

Raiders win week 17 versus Indy and the Chargers week 18. 

They would all be 10-7 but Miami would end up the 7th seed, Indy the 6th and the Raiders the 5th as a result of tie breakers. NE would be out of the playoffs.

I know this is the scenario I am pulling for 😁😁. Not to far of a stretch either. Raiders beating Indy and Miami beating NE are probably the 2 hardest ones to happen. 

Edited by psuscott16
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

Bills win one more. 

Miami wins out.

NE wins week 17 versus Jax and loses to Miami week 18.

Indy loses to the Raiders next week and wins week 18 versus Jax.

Raiders win week 17 versus Indy and the Chargers week 18. 

They would all be 10-7 but Miami would end up the 7th seed, Indy the 6th and the Raiders the 5th as a result of tie breakers. NE would be out of the playoffs.

I know this is the scenario I am pulling for 😁😁. Not to far of a stretch either. Raiders beating Indy and Miami beating NE are probably the 2 hardest ones to happen. 

Assuming we are the three seed, because we have lost to the Titans and likely can't catch the Chiefs, not sure that Indy as a 6 seed is the team we want to host in the playoff first round. They are designed to beat us, esp in bad weather.

• Agree 1

No one has clinched yet so anyone can be out the playoffs as of now. But the bills are less than 1% chance to miss po's if they beat atl and NE are 1% to miss it if they beat jags. Both are pretty much locked though. Weird though that if phins lose today then pats clinch with a jags win while bills don't clinch with a win

Edited by motorj

Chargers really screwed the pooch yesterday. Before that loss I think it only would have taken Miami and the Chargers winning out. 

But the way some of these teams are playing currently I wouldn't be surprised to see three AFC East teams back the playoffs this year. Chargers, Ravens, Browns, Steelers none of them seem to want it. And sure as hell can't trust the Raiders.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Chargers really screwed the pooch yesterday. Before that loss I think it only would have taken Miami and the Chargers winning out. 

But the way some of these teams are playing currently I wouldn't be surprised to see three AFC East teams back the playoffs this year. Chargers, Ravens, Browns, Steelers none of them seem to want it. And sure as hell can't trust the Raiders.

How sweet would it be if the Bills got to play both the Pats and Dolphins in the playoffs and knocked both of them out. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.