Jump to content

Jake Fromm to start for the Giants.


Son of a K-Gun
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Never forget there were actual real live posters on this board who believed this Fromm fellow would supplant Josh Allen as our starting QB.  

I'm not sure about posters, but there was definitely a Boston sportswriter who before the 2020 season predicted Fromm would end up as the Bills starter before the end of the season.  I think it was wishful thinking on his part because deep down he knew the only way the Patriots would ever win another AFC east title would be after Josh is no longer the Bills starting QB.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Never forget there were actual real live posters on this board who believed this Fromm fellow would supplant Josh Allen as our starting QB.  

 

Wow, don't remember seeing that, but if true, that would be some Hall of Fame level stupidity right there!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Never forget there were actual real live posters on this board who believed this Fromm fellow would supplant Josh Allen as our starting QB.  


I remember quite well.  I remember one of the posts was Fromm comes from a “ big boy” conference and will supplant Allen.  Quick stroll in the archives every once in awhile is a pleasant read.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:


I remember quite well.  I remember one of the posts was Fromm comes from a “ big boy” conference and will supplant Allen.  Quick stroll in the archives every once in awhile is a pleasant read.

 

I hope it wasn't me.  That would be embarrassing.  Doesn't seem like something I would say but I blackout sometimes and go on posting binges.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


https://nypost.com/2021/12/26/jake-fromm-mike-glennons-ugly-giants-qb-play-as-bad-as-it-gets/amp/

 

 

some choice quotes from the article :


“Jake Fromm played like ‘Jake from State Farm.’  “

 

“Fromm’s first few passes were basically uncatchable, too high, too hard, too quick. “

 


“It got no better when Fromm — in a mercy move by the coaching staff — was benched with 7:48 remaining in the third quarter”

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

Fromm was a total waste of a draft pick. I feel like they didn’t even scout or watch him but just picked him because he fell so far, all the other teams were right though. Granted we did have may too many picks in 2020 but still, just seems wrong to draft like that. 

The 5th round is the time you take a flyer on a guy.  They had him pretty high on their board at that point.  The Bills don't have a long term answer at backup QB & the 5th was as good a round as any to try to find one.  Unfortunately, Fromm didn't show much from the time he got here.  Last year reports out of camp were pretty dismal & this year they didn't get much better.  They gave him the beneit of the doubt because they didn't have the normal off season practices last year and no preseason games.  

 

When I heard Fromm was starting Sunday my 1st thoughts were he's going to have a game rivaling Peterman's career.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

There were more than one national sportswriters who thought the Bills drafted Fromm in the 5th round to "push" Allen and take over from him if he didn't improve fast.

 

Did any of them write for PFF?  If not how valid is their opinion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The 5th round is the time you take a flyer on a guy.  They had him pretty high on their board at that point.  The Bills don't have a long term answer at backup QB & the 5th was as good a round as any to try to find one.  Unfortunately, Fromm didn't show much from the time he got here.  Last year reports out of camp were pretty dismal & this year they didn't get much better.  They gave him the beneit of the doubt because they didn't have the normal off season practices last year and no preseason games.  

 

When I heard Fromm was starting Sunday my 1st thoughts were he's going to have a game rivaling Peterman's career.  

I’d rather taken a flyer on an offensive lineman, CB or WR than a QB like Jake Fromm. He was only able to keep QB job over Fields in Georgia because of nepotism 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...