Your 2 Bills Drive name

Success

I haven't seen one of these in awhile - forgive me if there was a recent one.  How did you derive your board name?

"Success" is from "Future Success" from the old BBMB.  I joined after the Dallas MNF game.  I consider that one of the true low points of the drought - the classic "same ol' Bills" pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.  I was despondent, and wanted a name that gave some kind of positive affirmation.

Truthfully, I don't really like it now - but stuck w/ it so that other refugees from that board would recognize who I was.

There are some interesting ones on here, and I'm sure some good stories behind them.  Share.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m in. I had been lurking for years, but signed up after my sister, 3 years older who some of you have met, needed quadruple bypass surgery. Out of the blue! She’s tall and skinny, walked the dogs miles a day, never smoked but chest pains put her in the ER, and surgery immediately followed. It shook me up. 

So…..my middle name is Augustine. (Thanks, Mom and Dad!) She knew how much I hated it, so she would call me Augie Doggie, just to piss me off!  While she was recovering from surgery I joined the board, and I was thinking of her. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 17

Favorite band + first name = WhoTom

I started using that screen name when I set up my first web-based email account in the mid-90s. TomWho was taken, so I reversed the words. Since then, I've used it for all of my non-business accounts.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, muppy said:

@leh-nerd skin-erdokay leo lets have Yours....taptaptaptaptap

LOL Merry Christmas homey God Bless u and your family !~!~!!!

Have a Huppy Muppy Christmas, Mup!  

I’m a simple man. The first album I bought was by LS, around the time of the plane crash.  The band has always held a special place in my heart as a result (music,friends, spending the Courier Express delivery money I had saved on the album), and I always liked the “pronounced leh-nerd skin-erd” on the album cover.  To be completely honest by the time I realized that whiskey bottles, a handful of ludes, and a blow for my nose were not in my future, I was already in!  

Btw, I had to laugh at your first post here. Your friend Luppy, I’ve been filling in a number of four letter words to replace the asterisks, and any way I slice it she had a tough slug.  🤔

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Part of my last name and it morphed into Wacka in high school, way before the internet .

ExiledimIllinois and Mark Vader know my real name. I was in the San Jose Bills Backers with Mark.  Exiled's mother worked in the same place as my dad and talking to him, I found out she grew up down the street from where I did, but years earlier.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Have a Huppy Muppy Christmas, Mup!  

I’m a simple man. The first album I bought was by LS, around the time of the plane crash.  The band has always held a special place in my heart as a result (music,friends, spending the Courier Express delivery money I had saved on the album), and I always liked the “pronounced leh-nerd skin-erd” on the album cover.  To be completely honest by the time I realized that whiskey bottles, a handful of ludes, and a blow for my nose were not in my future, I was already in!  

Btw, I had to laugh at your first post here. Your friend Luppy, I’ve been filling in a number of four letter words to replace the asterisks, and any way I slice it she had a tough slug.  🤔

lmao I fudged the last name Im not outting my bestie hahahaaa

#truth

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I figured, but where’s the fun in that?   

you will just have to learn to live with disappointment leo........

naww okay I'll spill it.....just for you...its Lolly Luppewski 

no its not.  😜

ho ho ho Merry Christmas!~!~!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

I haven't seen one of these in awhile - forgive me if there was a recent one.  How did you derive your board name?

"Success" is from "Future Success" from the old BBMB.  I joined after the Dallas MNF game.  I consider that one of the true low points of the drought - the classic "same ol' Bills" pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.  I was despondent, and wanted a name that gave some kind of positive affirmation.

Truthfully, I don't really like it now - but stuck w/ it so that other refugees from that board would recognize who I was.

There are some interesting ones on here, and I'm sure some good stories behind them.  Share.

My screen name when I started posting here was "Hopeful"

Through the hiring of Chan Gailey, Dave Wannstache as DC, Doug Marrone...I remained hopeful.

I did not want Rex Ryan.  I thought he was a bloviating gas bag.  A fellow parent at my kid's school who is a HOF retired NFL player totally persuaded me of all the great things Ryan was going to do for the Bills.  I'm sure this guy has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, so I believed.

The season starts.  Patriots game.  Undisciplined, unprepared, unfocused team.

I knew right then what I was - a "Hapless Bills Fan"

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I graduated from UConn and my name is James. 

My mum’s side of the fam was from WNY, and I’d go out to the farm during summers to help with haying etc. and that was during preseason time in the early-mid ‘90s and I got stuck on the Bills. Ironically, perhaps, my close cousins in WNY are Cowpukes fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Was LemonAid (internal alternate spelling like Monkees) but when Coach McD as a rookie head coach fired all of the scouts, dumped the coaches who were doing well for a bunch of coaches whose performance history was poor and then started dumping players before even a new GM was hired I changes to LimeAid for the drink was soured,

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My name dates back to 1996. I was a regular on a Hercules, The Legendary Journeys messageboard. (Don't judge.) A girl I was dating called me her knight in shining armor. A character on Xena was named Draco, so they dubbed me SirDraco, and it stuck. When that board folded, my Rush board started at the same time, was SirDraco. One day the members were pissing me off, so I changed it to Draconator to "take care of business". I joined TBD around that time and just went with that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like word chains (word games and oddities of any kind really, serves me well as an author). In my twenties I had a band called Bar Stool Pigeons.

When I joined this life-altering site my youngest son was a toddler and we had a Chevy minivan (He turned 20 in September, Bob Dylan was right, “Time is a jet plane, it moves too fast.”). Of course, the eternal voice of the Bills needs no explanation.

Thus, ChevyVanMiller was hatched into the universe.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The first online forum I joined I became good friends with a user AnotherGuy.  I asked him how he came up with that handle and he pretty much told me in the big picture it’s all I really am.

So yeah it’s out of fondness for him and I really am just another fan.

Funny years I’ve used the site I never really sat and thought about it until this thread 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have no idea what you gals and fellas are talking about. Don't you just use your real name? I was born on Gallifrey, always had trouble with authority, borrowed a shape shifting Time and Relative Dimensions in Space cruiser for a little spin, and since I like underdogs constantly having to overcome long odds against evil empires, naturally, I am drawn to the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.