MNF - Raiders @ Browns

Steptide

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Do you think the Raiders will go 3-0 against Denver, Indy and LAC? 

Browns will hopefully rack up loss #8 against Green Bay this weekend.  Even if they don’t, they wrap up with the Steelers and Bengals. 

No chance on the Raiders.  They barely beat a severely depleted Browns team.

As for the Browns, they will definitely lose to the Packers and thus fall behind the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

I get that, but....the Raiders also are 7-7. I'm wondering why it was better for us to see the Browns go to 7-7 -- which I gather it was -- than to see the Raiders go to 7-7,

Because if the Bills end up at 10-7, assuming a loss to NE (which if we win none of this matters much), you want as many teams as possible to get to under 10 wins.  The chances of a 7-7 team, or a 7-6-1 team in the case of Pitt-- winning out are small, particularly how many teams at 8-6/7-7 play each other. Stated differently, this outcome increases the chances that 10-7 gets in irrespective of tiebreakers.

Edited by Casey D
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Because if the Bills end up at 10-7, assuming a loss to NE (which if we win none of this matters much), you want as many teams as possible to get to under 10 wins.  The chances of a 7-7 team, or a 7-6-1 team in the case of Pitt-- winning out are small, particularly how many teams at 8-6/7-7 play each other, are very small. Stated differently, this outcome increases the chances that 10-7 gets in irrespective of tiebreakers.

Or to take it a step further, it increases the likelihood that team(s) that could potentially beat us in a tiebreaker scenario have more overall losses than us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm not gonna stand for this revisionist take. Zay Jones had one of the highest drop rates on the Bills.  Allen wasn't the world beater he is now but Zay Jones did just fine at making himself look bad in 2018 and 19.  

Revisionist?  DID Allen make him look good?  Zay was bad for us, but my point stands that Allen didn't help.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Revisionist?  DID Allen make him look good?  Zay was bad for us, but my point stands that Allen didn't help.

Well given that Allen was the rookie and Jones was in his what 2nd or 3rd season he was more responsible for helping Allen out then the other way around. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Zay had far and away his best season as a pro with Josh.  He had more than twice as many catches, yards and TDs as any other season.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Big time help there. Let Cincy win the AFC North given their superior AFC record compared to the Browns and Ravens.

We are all Bengals fans against Baltimore next week

Assuming Steelers lose to Chiefs, which puts them out of our way, we still need 2 of the 3 other AFC north teams to reach fewer than 10 wins.

Up to you, but I think a Ravens win over Bengals creates an easier path to that goal.

It's absolutely revisionist.  There's a reason that Zay Jones was like 4th on the depth chart for the Raiders.

Anyone saying "the Bills QBs didn't make Zay Jones look good" as if Zay Jones wasn't constantly squandering ample opportunities given to him must not have a very good memory.

Jones couldn't even cut it as the Bills WR3/4 in 2019, and not because Allen wasn't doing enough for him.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

I get that, but....the Raiders also are 7-7. I'm wondering why it was better for us to see the Browns go to 7-7 -- which I gather it was -- than to see the Raiders go to 7-7.

Edit: Wait, nevermind. I'm an idiot. I realize now the Browns would have been 8-6 with a win. Duh. I blame the weed.

According to NFL Network, if the Browns had won, we'd be on the outside looking in.  We needed the Raiders to come through, and boy, did they ever!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

According to NFL Network, if the Browns had won, we'd be on the outside looking in.  We needed the Raiders to come through, and boy, did they ever!

yep.  Plus the Raiders and Browns are good for (at least) one more loss each.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Assuming Steelers lose to Chiefs, which puts them out of our way, we still need 2 of the 3 other AFC north teams to reach fewer than 10 wins.

Up to you, but I think a Ravens win over Bengals creates an easier path to that goal.

I agree.  The Ravens have a tougher remaining schedule, having to then play the Rams and then Steelers.  But one of the two will be out of the Bills' way after next weekend, since the Bengals will have to play the Chefs.  The Browns and Steelers should be out of the way this weekend and the Broncos at least in week 17.

40 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Actually yes Allen did.  Zay Jones had 652 yards and 7 TDs in 2018.  Jones best non Bills year is this year with 282 yards and 1 TD.  Obviously Allen made him better than he is.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 2

That was embarrassing it came down to that for the Raiders and they almost lost...

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Actually yes Allen did.  Zay Jones had 652 yards and 7 TDs in 2018.  Jones second best year is this year with 282 yards and 1 TD.  Obviously Allen made him better than he is.

And Foster

• Thank you (+1) 1

Zay Jones > Duke Williams

😃

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I get that, but....the Raiders also are 7-7. I'm wondering why it was better for us to see the Browns go to 7-7 -- which I gather it was -- than to see the Raiders go to 7-7.

Edit: Wait, nevermind. I'm an idiot. I realize now the Browns would have been 8-6 with a win. Duh. I blame the weed.

Weed is your friend. Don't ever blame the weed.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.