Thursday Night Football Game Thread : Week 15 Kansas City Chiefs at LA Chargers

HomeTeam

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

WC will be Colts Bills and Chargers

I'm almost ready to say F it and root for NE on Saturday.  Colts will be at Arizona in 2 weeks.

Either outcome can be seen as good for the Bills Saturday.  

You do realize the Bills can win the division by winning out and the Pats losing to the Colts. There should be zero reason for any Bills fan to root for the Pats to beat the Colts Saturday. The division is still there to focus on. Worry about wild card if/when the division is gone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

You do realize the Bills can win the division by winning out and the Pats losing to the Colts. There should be zero reason for any Bills fan to root for the Pats to beat the Colts Saturday. The division is still there to focus on. Worry about wild card if/when the division is gone. 

Yea I'm just considering worst case scenario.  Of course I want the division.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I can't believe some fans are pulling for the Pats on Saturday.

We re-took the division last year, and it's still ours to lose as far as I'm concerned.  I'm stoked about the next month & about the re-match in NE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

We re-took the division last year, and it's still ours to lose as far as I'm concerned.  I'm stoked about the next month & about the re-match in NE.

I was just pointing out the Colts are at Arizona in 2 weeks.

They lose that and to NE, that's 8 losses and they're out.  

7 minutes ago, Success said:

We play better on the road and as an underdog.

Edited by Doc Brown

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I’m not sure Miami is a certain win for them either. They always play the pats tough. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some rip on McDermott for bad in-game coaching decisions, sometimes rightfully so, but Staley's 4th down decisions alone lost this game. Coaching was just all around bad for the Chargers aside from sticking with the running game.

Have the Chargers not watched defenses play the Chiefs this year? How do you allow Hill & Kelce to combine for 22 catches for 339 yards & 3 TDs? And that doesn't include the PI yardage either. You double them both and make everyone else beat you. You make them move down the field in small chunks rather than allowing them to rattle off big plays. Instead both were running around with no one near them on multiple occasions.

Terrible 4th down decisions & defensive coaching &/or execution on the Chargers part.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, DrDare said:

So mathematically the Chiefs winning helps us because we want to let the Chiefs run away with it and possibly the Chargers wont even make it now right?

Yes. That's how this works. Buffalo is in a position where they are fighting for the #2-#7 seed. Any of those will do. I like the result of this game because it should set our expectations. We aren't getting the #1 seed.

And honestly, I am good with that.

• Agree 3

58 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Some rip on McDermott for bad in-game coaching decisions, sometimes rightfully so, but Staley's 4th down decisions alone lost this game. Coaching was just all around bad for the Chargers aside from sticking with the running game.

Have the Chargers not watched defenses play the Chiefs this year? How do you allow Hill & Kelce to combine for 22 catches for 339 yards & 3 TDs? And that doesn't include the PI yardage either. You double them both and make everyone else beat you. You make them move down the field in small chunks rather than allowing them to rattle off big plays. Instead both were running around with no one near them on multiple occasions.

Terrible 4th down decisions & defensive coaching &/or execution on the Chargers part.

Let's differentiate "coaching decisions" from "play-calling." Chargers offensive play-calling was masterful. Exploit the gaps where Chris Jones should be, repeatedly. 

Chargers repeated 4th down attempts were...less masterful. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s better…. But I’d say the difference between the Chiefs and Bills is the Chiefs actively addressed their flaws via FA, the Bills sat on their hands, opting to resign their own and bargain bin signings instead of finding upgrades….. then utilized the draft to upgrade the pass rush….

Yeah, they didn’t think these guys would regress so bad. That’s what happened.  Our line wasn’t nearly this bad last season.  Facts.  

i agree, based on the result, beane failed this offseason.  I also think that we aren’t as bad as some think we are.  Minus a few boneheaded plays and terrible referee calls we could have 1-2 losses.  Our D is improved.  Our O has regressed—-  mainly because the OL has regressed.  

but they didn’t ignore their weaknesses.  Their plan just failed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.