MNF: Rams at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i actually think he would be a downgrade.  All our current backs are better than him.  

He actually is a great example of a decent RB benefitting from a great Oline and well-defined role.  If you watched him last year at Pitt, he was totally lost out there. 

Connor looks pretty good to me, especially his impact on the passing game.  IMO he would be a clear upgrade to our group of RB's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Connor looks pretty good to me, especially his impact on the passing game.  IMO he would be a clear upgrade to our group of RB's.

i just wonder whether it is the back or how we use our backs. I saw enough of Conner over the last two years to see a guy that looked pretty average. But put him in an offense like this with a defined role, and he looks great. 

you just wonder if a guy like Singletary or even moss would look better if we used them differently and had a better line for them to run behind. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'll say it - the Bills would have greatly benefited from signing Ernst.  Our two TE sets with Ernst & Knox would be formidable both for it's run blocking and pass catching production. This duo would have been especially useful in breaking the two high safety and blitz packages being run against the Bills.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i just wonder whether it is the back or how we use our backs. I saw enough of Conner over the last two years to see a guy that looked pretty average. But put him in an offense like this with a defined role, and he looks great. 

you just wonder if a guy like Singletary or even moss would look better if we used them differently and had a better line for them to run behind. 

A better line would make a difference for Singletary, after watching Moss continuously choose the wrong hole, I’m not sure how much it helps him…

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ya see? Do NOT throw the fade!

Fails twice, Fades to receivers who don’t have a height advantage are terrible ideas, success rate has to be below 50%

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i actually think he would be a downgrade.  All our current backs are better than him.  

He actually is a great example of a decent RB benefitting from a great Oline and well-defined role.  If you watched him last year at Pitt, he was totally lost out there. 

Conner is not quite a bruiser at 6'1" 233lbs but bigger than both of our RBs. He seems to have very good hands. Steelers OL, like ours, has not been very good plus he was coming off a couple of injuries. I think we could kick the tires and I'd be ok with it. To me he's a bigger, better version of Moss.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'll say it - the Bills would have greatly benefited from signing Ernst.  Our two TE sets with Ernst & Knox would be formidable both for it's run blocking and pass catching production. This duo would have been especially useful in breaking the two high safety and blitz packages being run against the Bills.

Who tf is Ernst?

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

A better line would make a difference for Singletary, after watching Moss continuously choose the wrong hole, I’m not sure how much it helps him…

it’s funny, A friend of mine in another state who is an NFL fan (but not a Bills fan) always tells me how impressive Singletary looks and wonders why the Bills don’t use him more.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

it’s funny, A friend of mine in another state who is an NFL fan (but not a Bills fan) always tells me how impressive Singletary looks and wonders why the Bills don’t use him more.

exactly. He is a good back. We just don’t use him right. You also put him behind a great oline and the guy would be 6 yards down field and juking LB’s, rather than getting hit 2 yards in the backfield half the time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

Dabolls play design and choice has a lot to be desired. The line is bad at run blocking, but the design and play choice and situational awareness of Daboll is so bad it is killing Singletary…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.