Is this the week for Mitch Trubisky ?

HOUSE

3 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

So I'd say the odds are pretty good that it will be Trubisky vs. the Panther. Why? Because I have tickets to see this game, which will be my first Bills game in person since 1974, so naturally Josh will be hurt. smh.

The first game I went to with JA was at Green Bay.  We got shutout and he looked like he was throwing balls to random places in the stadium.

19 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

In fact, we've lost every close game we've played in.  Are we going to back into the playoffs and start blowing people out?  It seems more likely, based on the reality of who this team is, that we'll show up to games ill prepared and without a plan, and maybe come around in the 3rd quarter and try to make it a game.  that's not a recipe for going anywhere

I hope that McD is a good enough coach to take a hard look at this season and make some difficult decisions in the offseason. 

Off season? We're currently a lock for a WC imo and still alive for the division if we win 4 straight which we did earlier in year. 

It's a week by week league.  We have over a month to figure out our OL and RB situation and how to get the most out of it. 

Who scares you in the AFC that much? We can beat anybody. We're 13 weeks in and 1 team beat us by double digits. 

We should have beat The 1 seed in both conferences.  

We could very well be 11-2 now just have to work out some kinks. 

Just surprised ppl are talking off season.  

I'm from NYC and Jet / Giant fans would kill to be in our position 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

It all comes down to Josh’s health.  If he’s able to play, he should play.  If he’s a misstep away from a blown Achilles or ACL or whatever... sit him. 

If he does play I hope he has a brace on.  

If he does play with a brace, that's likely taking away one of his main weapons.  Have a hard time imagining playcalls going forward will be designed QB runs - and everyone will absolutely hold their breath every time he hints at scrambling out of the pocket.

17 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Who scares you in the AFC that much? We can beat anybody. We're 13 weeks in and 1 team beat us by double digits. 

Titans, Pats, KC, Baltimore, Indy

Basically the playoff teams, or any team with a living RB and varsity level OL. 

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Here is the question, if Josh Allen is less then 80% by Sunday, should the Bills start Mitch Trubisky?

Note: Never attack the post, attack the poster 😬

image.thumb.png.5ebc3e7f5d6f25b8f26508755f3f9f04.png

Against Carolina?  Sure.  Start Trubisky.  Get Allen healthy.  I’m not a huge Trubisky fan so I would want Allen available should he be needed.

8 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

If he does play with a brace, that's likely taking away one of his main weapons.  Have a hard time imagining playcalls going forward will be designed QB runs - and everyone will absolutely hold their breath every time he hints at scrambling out of the pocket.

In my mind, I’m not concerned with  him running to win a game next week. I’m concerned that he “overplays” a tweaked ankle and has a longer term, more substantial and career altering injury.    So if he does play, make sure you limit that running to help him win for the next decade in Buffalo.  

5 hours ago, Process said:

Is this a joke?

Don't think so.

It's an interesting question which the Bills will have to face at some point this week, unless Josh isn't that injured and he heals up pretty quickly.

You can ask this question with any injured athlete.

At what % of impairment does the starter's performance diminish enough to make the backup the preferred option?

Who really knows.

I think Josh will play on Sunday, and that will be the end of it.

Won't stop posters here from harping on about his "boot" all week long though, apparently.

5 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Simply put, yes.  Realistically, the Bills arent going anywhere this year.  We've all been waiting for hte last 2 months for them to go on a winning streak.  It's not happening, and I'm not sure they even match up well with Carolina, given that our roster is largely their castoffs.

Given that, why would you put your franchise QB at risk?  He's already injured, and the OL seem to be actively conspiring to get him hurt more.  Morse should never see the field again.  It feels like the rest of the team are standing around waiting for Allen to do their jobs for them.

Let Josh sit, let MT play.  Meanwhile, make some changes, shake it up.   Might as well let them start auditioning for next year because they will never be a contender with this group of failsons

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Against Carolina?  Sure.  Start Trubisky.  Get Allen healthy.  I’m not a huge Trubisky fan so I would want Allen available should he be needed.

It's not like Trubisky is Matt Barkley or Fromm. He can beat a McCaffrey-less team with an aging Cam. This is the reason we picked him up. If Josh is only 70-80% sit him and rest him for Foxboro. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

Allen still played on his bum ankle and was still out there running around after the fact so I don’t think it’s serious…. A little ice and a couple trips to the hot tub and he should be good to go for Sunday 😀

Adrenaline but he is a dog and will be out there to get us the lead.

51 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Allen was Limited in Practice on Wednesday & Thursday.  I would say the chances of watching Trubisky on Sunday is possible at some point during the game

I hope that some point is with the Bills up 28 in the 4th quarter ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

I'd let him rest, if we can't beat Carolina without JA we aren't going anywhere anyways.

After watching chargers/chiefs last night and knowing the Colts/Patriots/Titans are also going to the playoffs I'm not sure what we plan on doing anyways.

We are currently built to be the best of the worst but the worst of the best. Need to get physical. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'd let him rest, if we can't beat Carolina without JA we aren't going anywhere anyways.

After watching chargers/chiefs last night and knowing the Colts/Patriots/Titans are also going to the playoffs I'm not sure what we plan on doing anyways.

We are currently built to be the best of the worst but the worst of the best. Need to get physical. 

Josh is a die on his shield guy there is no way they are going to be able to or should sit him out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.