Even in a loss, Allen is MVP

whorlnut

15 minutes ago, Success said:

If everyone played as hard as Allen, I don't think we'd ever lose again.

The team needs to match his effort and competitiveness.  I think they did rise to that in the 2nd half. We need that every game.

Outside of Josh and a handful of other players, the majority are soft. Very few leaders/dawgs on this team after 17. 

1 hour ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

You actually think we could ever get a call to determine the outcome of a game against Brady on the road. That ref just stared at Diggs getting interfered with and did nothing. 

I'm just saying that if it was called, there's no way we don't get it in from the 1 yard line with :28 left

38 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Outside of Josh and a handful of other players, the majority are soft. Very few leaders/dawgs on this team after 17. 

How do you know?  Watching on TV and all...who is to say who is "soft" or not.  What is your basis for making the judgment?

5 hours ago, ngbills said:

Disagree. What games have we won this year because of him? Not saying I don’t want him but that just is not true this year. He has kept us close but a bad loss does not count any different than a close one. We are 7-6 and our 7 wins were mostly easy ones. 

You’re not just a disgrace, you’re a Complete disgrace. To imply we won all our games in spite of him is the lamest troll ever. 
Leave. Don’t come back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

It is interesting to think about where the team would be if another QB, say Mitch Trubisky, had played all 13 games. I disagree with those who say we’d be a 3 win team and in contention for a top 5 draft pick. There’s still enough talent across the board for this team to beat up on lesser ones like the Texans and Jets, BUT I don’t think we blow out WFT, KC, or NO with Trubisky. I still think we win at least 2 of those games, but may split with the Dolphins.

At least two of those one score losses wouldn’t be by one score, but likely double digits (Bucs, Titans). I count 5 wins with Trubisky, the two games I’m undecided on are KC and the second Dolphins game. Could Trubisky have won any of the one score games Josh lost? Sure, JA was off in a few of those, but the rest of the team also played poorly. That’s to say we didn’t lose any of those because of Allen.
I think with Trubisky we might be looking at a 6-7 record right now. Josh is more than a +1 difference in wins compared to Trubisky, but with this schedule and how the defense dictated terms in many of the Ws, I’m sure we’d still have 6 wins with Mitch. 

Edited by JayBaller10

9 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Coaches of their respective teams would have gone for it with Lamar, mahomes, burrow, Herbert, and possibly Baker, I don't know why we don't go for it with Josh

Stefanski goes for nothing with Baker. 

5 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Josh would erupt in a Kyle Shannahan style, run-first type offense. I hope they get aggressive with the trenches this off-season.. And Daboll gets a new job somewhere. 

I disagree totally. The evidence from Josh's career is that he is best when he throws early and often. He consistently looks out of sorts when the Bills try a "run, run, 3rd down pass" offense. I think if Josh Allen is your Quarterback you have to be a pass first offense. He likes the ball in his hands. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Josh would erupt in a Kyle Shannahan style, run-first type offense. I hope they get aggressive with the trenches this off-season.. And Daboll gets a new job somewhere. 

If the Bills ever decided to become some type of run first offense with Allen as their QB I will officially lose my mind. 

Edited by Beast

I think they need to let Josh loose like Jimbo in the K- Gun.

Brady was shredding our D with the hurry up but when they slowed things down to run the clock it allowed us to substitute and they were stymied.

I think Josh could rip a team to shreds in a no huddle hurry up.

14 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Where would this team be without him?

Isn't the sign of a top qb is that he wins games against tough opponents? Sooo...6 of 7 of Allens wins have come against teams with losing records. All but one of the 6 losses have come against teams with records .500 or better. Not to mention the gaudy stats he has wracked up against the defenses that are the dredges of the league. I know it has been almost 30 years since the Bills have had a high end quarterback, but this MVP anointment of Allen is hilarious. 

• Eyeroll 1

18 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

It sucks but look at it this way - at least we have one of the best players in the league qb'ing us for years to come. 

Get this man a great line and even a half decent running game and he'll be near unstoppable

What terrifies me is Josh becoming essentially the next Aaron Rodgers or, worse yet, Dan Marino.  I know that might sound nice, but let's be honest: Rodgers has underachieved as far as team accolades go.

I understand that it's unreasonable for a Bills fan to expect this, but Josh should be able to get this team multiple Lombardis... yeah... get us one first... but Beane needs to do better to build up this team for more long term success.

50 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Get this man a great line and even a half decent running game and he'll be near unstoppable

Defensive HC drove 'extra' DL headcount offseason. This 'DL Rotation' was / is a totally flawed strategy, It makes no sense. Best guys are on the field just 25% of snaps!?? Never makes sense!! (unless team is all Pro Bowlers!!) Get Josh an OL. OL helps Defense too.

14 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re not just a disgrace, you’re a Complete disgrace. To imply we won all our games in spite of him is the lamest troll ever. 
Leave. Don’t come back.

How did I imply we won in spite of him? Said nothing close to that. Someone commented that we would only have 3 wins with out Josh this year. That is what I disagreed with. We won many games this year not needing him to be great. We win those games with Mitch as QB. Do we have a chance beating a good team with Mitch? Not likely. With Josh we can beat any team on any day. With Mitch or another avg QB we can beat most bad teams on most days. 

Honestly, in these last two games (both heartbreaking losses) I have been really impressed with his poise and I think he has shown growth.  The old trying to score 21 points with one throw has not happened.  He has been more methodical and focused.  It has not worked out but personally I think he has shown growth.  No doubt the INT vs TB he would like to have back but for the most part he has not been "trying to do too much".  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.