Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Pregame thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

My biggest frustration is the criticism of Josh Allen.  He certainly isn’t without blame, but he’s the least of our issues this year.   QB gets the praise and blame though, so I get it… I just can’t stand the lack of nuance factoring in the teams issues around him as to why he isn’t an Elway/Cam/Favre in their prime hybrid every week. 

A lot of the folks that make a living on the NFLN and on the NFL pre-game shows and on the Sirius NFL radio network were very critical when the Bills took Allen in the first round.  A lot of them got up on their high hose and trashed Allen mercilessly his rookie year.  They largely ignored Allen's real progress in 2018 & 2019 but had to swallow their bile in 2020.  Now some of them are back with a vengeance.

As others have noted Allen still has room to grow and his play has been a bit consistent this season.  But anyone with an ounce of football knowledge can see he's passed the eye test this season and his stats back that up. He's clearly an elite franchise level QB.

Now with that being said I'm not optimistic about Allen and the Bills offense today. I hope I'm wrong but teams with potentially dominating D-lines are a huge problem for the Bills. Allen will be running for his life and as the Bills fall behind he'll start pressing leading to turnovers.  Again I hope I'm wrong.

• Agree 1

I will feel good about this game if I see that McKenzie and/or Stevenson is active and Moss is inactive. That will tell me Daboll finally figured out his best personnel grouping 14 weeks into the season. I also hope McDermott doesn't coach scared and allows Breida to get his touches today even with his fumbling risk. This is not a game where we can come in with a "grind it out with zero mistakes" mindset. We need to come in with a shootout mindset. We will not score enough points against the Bucs if we only feature Singletary and Moss and try to go shotgun empty pop pass all day.

The defense is not going to win the game for us. We are going to feel the loss of Tre White bad in this one. I'm not even going to be mad at the defense if the Bucs put up 30 points. I expect that to happen. It's on Daboll and the offense to figure it out. It is in fact possible to win games where the opponent scores 30+ points especially when you have an elite QB and an elite WR. No excuses.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I will feel good about this game if I see that McKenzie and/or Stevenson is active and Moss is inactive. That will tell me Daboll finally figured out his best personnel grouping 14 weeks into the season. I also hope McDermott doesn't coach scared and allows Breida to get his touches today even with his fumbling risk. This is not a game where we can come in with a "grind it out with zero mistakes" mindset. We need to come in with a shootout mindset. We will not score enough points against the Bucs if we only feature Singletary and Moss and try to go shotgun empty pop pass all day.

The defense is not going to win the game for us. We are going to feel the loss of Tre White bad in this one. I'm not even going to be mad at the defense if the Bucs put up 30 points. I expect that to happen. It's on Daboll and the offense to figure it out. It is in fact possible to win games where the opponent scores 30+ points especially when you have an elite QB and an elite WR. No excuses.

Yeah I want to see them be aggressive and creative on offense.

I don't want to see them settling for field goals deep in the red zone...........from the AFCCG thru the first 3 losses this season that was one of the defining characteristics of a Bills loss.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Actives/Inactives?? Also, can we please end Gronk's career today?

Actives and inactives come out I believe 90 minutes before game time.  Can anyone correct?

Also let's not wish for ending anyone's career  although there's seldom a player who deserves it more than Mr. NFL Sanctioned Club-Arm Used to Commit Assault.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Josh runs, screens, swing passes and running. 

Correct plan vs NE last week. I’m so unhappy they didn’t. May not be the right plan this week. Need to open 3 WR + Josh this week.  

The coaches have totally screwed up in the losses. Use your current assets!!!

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actives and inactives come out I believe 90 minutes before game time.  Can anyone correct?

Also let's not wish for ending anyone's career  although there's seldom a player who deserves it more than Mr. NFL Sanctioned Club-Arm Used to Commit Assault.

Doh! Thought it was a 1pm game.. I normally don't wish for other players to get injury but Gronk is the exception..

• Like (+1) 1