Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Upon reflection, the Bills allowed themselves to be psyched out by the weather. Turns out we had our best quarter of offense going into the wind. So why didn't we figured that out in the second quarter? We convince ourselves we have to run when we are a passing team. We did this to ourselves all season. 

Agree, Allen was zipping the ball most of the time and we can not run block

Looking at the rest of the schedule I see 10-7 unless they can win at TB or at NE. They "should" win the 3 home games unless the pull another Jacksonville.

at TB - loss

CAR - win

at NE - loss

ATL - win

NYJ - win

Will 10-7 be good enough for a WC. Who knows.

This was an organizational loss. Starts with not having enough toughness, size and physicality up front. And, goes through the coaching staff not having sound strategy down and guys executing. And, apparently the leaders are now getting pissed at dumb reporters question. All that looks like to me is we are satisfied with our performance. Pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

I have been a Bills fan for over 50 years.  I have dim memories of Jack Kemp, Billy Shaw  and Cookie Gilchrist.  I remember my Dad being furious for trading away Daryl Lamonica.  I was in a bad marriage in 1981 when the Bills performed a miracle with a Hail Mary against the Pats and it cheered me up when I was in a really bad place. Joe Ferguson limping in San Diego.  I remember it all.

I have lived in Washington DC for 40 years.  My daughter who is 32 and about to give us our first grandchild is an avid Bills fan even thought she grew up here.  And my wife of 35 years (second time being the charm) is one too even though she is from down here too.  And collectively we all remember the good and the bad since the 1990s, bickering Bills, four consecutive Super Bowls, the drought, etc., etc.  I had season tix from 2002 until 2016.  Bought Club Seats to help keep the team in Buffalo.  Gave them up because of Rex Ryan.

I just want to say that I don't think I can do this anymore.  The pain of being a Bills fan is just too great.  And being the Washington Generals to the Pats for over 20 years, and now again, is just too much.

So I am passing the torch to you younger folks.  I hope it goes better for you.  I will try and focus on other pursuits.  After all it is only a game, one the Bills have played very poorly for over 50 years .  And even the Cubs and Red Sox finally one.  It can happen to you.  And I have enjoyed your company.  It has been group therapy here for nearly 25 years. 

And to all the trolls and Pats fans on this board.  If your intent was to make a long suffering Bills fan even more miserable, you have succeeded.  Enjoy the good fortune you have, and the additional misery you have placed on others.  I hope it makes you smile.

Be careful out there!  🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So much badness going on with this team. It feels like the wheels are about to come off and are just hanging on by a couple of lug nuts. 

I see the main issues as being the same problems we've had all year long 1) SOFT all over but especially in the trenches 2) Horrendous red zone offense. 

Can't fix the first one this season but there is no reason we can't fix the red zone offense. Idk if we have the coaches to do that though. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

So much badness going on with this team. It feels like the wheels are about to come off and are just hanging on by a couple of lug nuts. 

I see the main issues as being the same problems we've had all year long 1) SOFT all over but especially in the trenches 2) Horrendous red zone offense. 

Can't fix the first one this season but there is no reason we can't fix the red zone offense. Idk if we have the coaches to do that though. 

Same problem last year and we decided to pay 💰 to keep the OL together 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Casey D said:

I have been a Bills fan for over 50 years.  I have dim memories of Jack Kemp, Billy Shaw  and Cookie Gilchrist.  I remember my Dad being furious for trading away Daryl Lamonica.  I was in a bad marriage in 1981 when the Bills performed a miracle with a Hail Mary against the Pats and it cheered me up when I was in a really bad place. Joe Ferguson limping in San Diego.  I remember it all.

I have lived in Washington DC for 40 years.  My daughter who is 32 and about to give us our first grandchild is an avid Bills fan even thought she grew up here.  And my wife of 35 years (second time being the charm) is one too even though she is from down here too.  And collectively we all remember the good and the bad since the 1990s, bickering Bills, four consecutive Super Bowls, the drought, etc., etc.  I had season tix from 2002 until 2016.  Bought Club Seats to help keep the team in Buffalo.  Gave them up because of Rex Ryan.

I just want to say that I don't think I can do this anymore.  The pain of being a Bills fan is just too great.  And being the Washington Generals to the Pats for over 20 years, and now again, is just too much.

So I am passing the torch to you younger folks.  I hope it goes better for you.  I will try and focus on other pursuits.  After all it is only a game, one the Bills have played very poorly for over 50 years .  And even the Cubs and Red Sox finally one.  It can happen to you.  And I have enjoyed your company.  It has been group therapy here for nearly 25 years. 

And to all the trolls and Pats fans on this board.  If your intent was to make a long suffering Bills fan even more miserable, you have succeeded.  Enjoy the good fortune you have, and the additional misery you have placed on others.  I hope it makes you smile.

Be careful out there!  🙂

You need to not let sports dictate your mood. None of this really matters. It's entertainment.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Where were the designed runs with Allen? That's our best power run game and there was not 1 called. Such a strange game plan.

Once again out OC outsmarted himself.   He proved he was the smartest guy in the room and showed BB how unpredictable he is!

I just know a power sweep with Allen would have scored inside the 10.  But nope, we’re gonna run Moss right into the teeth of the defense.  

strange is one way to put it 

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Once again out OC outsmarted himself.   He proved he was the smartest guy in the room and showed BB how unpredictable he is!

I just know a power sweep with Allen would have scored inside the 10.  But nope, we’re gonna run Moss right into the teeth of the defense.  

Moss would have scored if he went outside. The dumbass cuts right back inside and gets stuffed. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I agree. I think part of the problem is they want to pretend they can pound Moss and win. Moss gives us nothing in the run game. He's actually not a bad option as a 3rd down RB, but his vision sucks. Singletary and Brieda score on this play.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Upon reflection, the Bills allowed themselves to be psyched out by the weather. Turns out we had our best quarter of offense going into the wind. So why didn't we figured that out in the second quarter? We convince ourselves we have to run when we are a passing team. We did this to ourselves all season. 

Dude, the weather was a problem for the passing game.  I'm not sure you can look at the placement Allen had on some of those places on the R side of the field and not see that. 

Likewise the deep TD pass to Diggs that he missed, it was short of where Diggs expected it.  Do you still expect a top WR in the league to haul that in, Yes, Yes you do.

But I digress - the point was, the wind was, in fact, an issue for the passing game.

The root problem is that we can't run well enough.  We need to be able to run enough that teams have to respect our run threat.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I agree. I think part of the problem is they want to pretend they can pound Moss and win. Moss gives us nothing in the run game. He's actually not a bad option as a 3rd down RB, but his vision sucks. Singletary and Brieda score on this play.

Definitely a couple td's we left on the table. Diggs's td drop, the Moss play where he could've walked in if he took it outside, and the 4th down where Beasely was open over the middle. The story of 2021 season...what could've been.

4 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Definitely a couple td's we left on the table. Diggs's td drop, the Moss play where he could've walked in if he took it outside, and the 4th down where Beasely was open over the middle. The story of 2021 season...what could've been.

This isn't the 1st time Beasley has been open in these types of situations. Beasley needs to be the go to guy on 4th down. He's always open. 

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The fact that Zack Moss continues to get carries is baffling.  He is one of the least effective runners in the league.  Horrible instincts and marginal physical skills.  what exactly do the coaches need to see before they give up on him?  

It's their belief he gives them a physical run game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's their belief he gives them a physical run game. 

That may be their belief, but what could possibly give them that belief?  He is horrible at all aspects of the run game.  He averaged 2.6 yards per carry yesterday with a long run of 4.  Over the last 5 games, he has a 2.5 yards per carry average!  He did exactly what any reasonable person would expect him to do. He failed miserably at moving the ball.

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Build a dome or build a run game

Well building a run game is a lot cheaper.  And imagine the Bils with a viable run threat last night AND with a QB who showed he could throw effectively in a gale.  If Allen was a Patriot last night they beat us 34 - 7 as the play action pass would have resulted in multiple walk in TD's and Allen, unlike Jones, could have made the throws.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.