Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Green light has been given. 

Yes Putin is completely off the rails , now or never

I was ok to give up the 2 provinces of Russian speakers and maybe Crimea  but Putin has gone way too far and has to be stopped at all cost and given nothing.

Edited by ALF

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

EFUov5rWkAIj-Ya?format=jpg&name=small

If the media had not sounded the alarm Trump would of sat on the missiles, and if he would won the election, he never would of sent them. If he got the corrupt investigation he wanted, it would of been used to try and sour the relationship between Democrats and Ukrainian democracy. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

US backed the overthrow of a pro-Russia Ukrainian President.  

US funnels weapons into the country that are used against Russian separatists. 

US backed neo-nazi militia groups that were then integrated into the National Guard to fight Russian Separatists in the South & East of Ukraine. 

US leaders such as Adam Schiff, Lindsey Graham, John McCain and Amy Klobuchar all made comments about using Ukraine to fight Russia “over there” so we don’t have to fight them “over here”.  

Putin is evil for this full scale invasion, but why would he want to border a country who aligns with the Western aim is to weaken his country?

It was always going to end up like this if we kept pushing Ukraine down this NATO rabbit hole, of which, we never had any intention of honoring - or defending.  

Putin waited until he thought the US leadership & NATO alliance was weakest and made his move.   Clearly NATO has stepped up, but it’s too little/too late & Ukraine’s best hope is an Afghanistan-style insurgency for a decade, while their population is decimated, unless NATO goes to war with Russia.  

Trying to look at this situation objectively is sad and sickening. What we'll never know is if the invasion would have still occured had Ukraine vowed military neutrality and only economic partnership with the EU. But what we do know is that American politicians from both parties pushed NATO expansion, and Ukraine overwhelmingly voted for it. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If the media had not sounded the alarm Trump would of sat on the missiles, and if he would won the election, he never would of sent them. If he got the corrupt investigation he wanted, it would of been used to try and sour the relationship between Democrats and Ukrainian democracy. 

If, if, & if.  If I could run the 100M sprint three seconds faster I'd be the Olympic champion. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Since you're playing the "If" game (and poorly, I might add): "If Trump had been re-elected, Russia wouldn't have invaded Ukraine, making all the rest moot."

But Joey and his idiot-boy son should definitely have been investigated for their corruption.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If, if, & if.  If I could run the 100M sprint three seconds faster I'd be the Olympic champion. 

No ifs that he withheld the missiles. 

He did 

Then he got caught 

Don’t support fascism 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

blink-182 wtf GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not sure this three party agreement to get Mig 29's to Ukraine is going to be effective.

Where are they going to base them?

I cannot imagine that Ukrainian air bases are still operational, or would be within the time frame required.

I'm unsure of the differences between Polish Mig variants and those provided to the Ukraine Air Force.

Sometimes the differences are minor, sometimes they're not.

Anyway, not sure this is going to matter.

Edited by sherpa

Interesting thread on all the things the Pentagon can’t (or won’t to be clear) verify that have been online and in certain media. 

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Russia just out here tagging in Belarussians and Syrians now..

I’m sure Syria is just dying to fight for Russia. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

So, rather than just drill here, this dumpster fire President is going to simp around the world for oil from the Saudis, Iran and Venezuela… 

And to think, the only reason President CDC dropped....sorry.....paused the Covid protocols was because mid term polling for Democrats is atrocious 

Your United States government led by the Democrat party and the deep state ladies and gentlemen give them all big round of applause we can't hear you in the back really clap it up for these folks....give them a big hand!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

So, rather than just drill here, this dumpster fire President is going to simp around the world for oil from the Saudis, Iran and Venezuela… 

And in exchange, we'll probably send them more weapons to blow up Yemeni children.

But hey, at least they aren't European kids. Right, CNN? 

• Like (+1) 2

Convincing people that the fight in Ukraine is about freedom and democracy is really rather sickening - especially after our white leftist racist elitists said it wasn't possible in countries that are majority brown.  Sick racists.   

Sorry you don't sacrifice Crimea and allow Russia to escalate like this in a matter of less then a year, continue to cut and limit our own oil and gas production because you propped up Greta Thornburg like you did Zelensky in Ukraine, and suddenly claim the world must act.    

Nope.  You are all failures.  Canceling Putin and actual Russians all over the world is pathetic and itself anti-freedom. 

You're a weak group of losers who lost all trust and credibility during covid and the entire 4 years Trump was president who faced more scrutiny and attacks based on lies in a day by American mass media then we have given China in 2 years since Covid - and their essential take over of Hong Kong. 

And any Republican going along with this madness (they are because they are still neo cons or they're terrified of being canceled) can go pound sand.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

So weird the media keeps posting pictures of Ukrainian military with Nazi symbolism. 

Again, this has nothing to do with whether this invasion was warranted due to Putin’s “de-nazification” claims.   Clearly a majority of Ukraine is not Nazi, but it’s just comical that western media can’t address this.  

(Sonnengrad patch on uniform - addressed in comments)

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

what was this about? 

it sounds like a perfectly clear admission of threatening to hold US aid as blackmail. the exact thing you are talking about. why is this different? if it was blackmail then should it be. given the exact same standard for impeachment proceedings?

if not, why the double standard? you are outraged by those actions right?

Edited by Buffarukus

6 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

what was this about? 

it sounds like a perfectly clear admission of threatening to hold US aid as blackmail. the exact thing you are talking about. why is this different? if it was blackmail then should it be. given the exact same standard for impeachment proceedings?

Ya sure, lol 

8 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

what was this about? 

Because Joey's just a swell guy who doesn't mean tweet.  And therefore his actual extortion isn't as bad as Trump's alleged extortion. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not that I trust Russia, but as long by "cease military action" they mean stop fighting and not permanently disband the military, this is not a terrible outcome. 

Ukraine could end this madness if they take this deal. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Convincing people that the fight in Ukraine is about freedom and democracy is really rather sickening - especially after our white leftist racist elitists said it wasn't possible in countries that are majority brown.  Sick racists.   

Sorry you don't sacrifice Crimea and allow Russia to escalate like this in a matter of less then a year, continue to cut and limit our own oil and gas production because you propped up Greta Thornburg like you did Zelensky in Ukraine, and suddenly claim the world must act.    

Nope.  You are all failures.  Canceling Putin and actual Russians all over the world is pathetic and itself anti-freedom. 

You're a weak group of losers who lost all trust and credibility during covid and the entire 4 years Trump was president who faced more scrutiny and attacks based on lies in a day by American mass media then we have given China in 2 years since Covid - and their essential take over of Hong Kong. 

And any Republican going along with this madness (they are because they are still neo cons or they're terrified of being canceled) can go pound sand.  

seek help

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Raytheon stock up 34% this year 

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/RTX:NYSE?window=1Y

Guess what they make 

Nobody ever said the perpetual US government war machine was bad for the defense business.  And the defense industry is where former Pentagon generals and procurement officers find work after "retirement".  As they say "thank you for your service" and here's your $500K a year board seat.  Quid Pro Quo I think is what its called. 

You know what else is up?  All the energy ETF's and funds, commodity stocks, and precious metals positions (and emerging market funds for later) I started to accumulate right after the inauguration in January 2021.  Because I concluded early on that Uncle Joe and his crew of misfits and morons would screw every up real good which would result in some higher prices, chaos, and lots of economic, social, and political disorder.  And I was right. 

Coming next by Summer should be things like food riots and social disorder in lots of countries around the world when food prices surge higher still and food scarcity hits.  21st century Democrats.. the party of chaos.  What a mess. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not nearly as much as Joey is.

You two deserve each other. Thanks for trashing up the thread. I think we need another 30 back and forths on Trump vs Biden in here since we don't get it enough elsewhere in PPP. 

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Nobody ever said the perpetual US government war machine was bad for the defense business.  And the defense industry is where former Pentagon generals and procurement officers find work after "retirement".  As they say "thank you for your service" and here's your $500K a year board seat.  Quid Pro Quo I think is what its called. 

You know what else is up?  All the energy ETF's and funds, commodity stocks, and precious metals positions (and emerging market funds for later) I started to accumulate right after the inauguration in January 2021.  Because I concluded early on that Uncle Joe and his crew of misfits and morons would screw every up real good which would result in some higher prices, chaos, and lots of economic, social, and political disorder.  And I was right. 

Coming next by Summer should be things like food riots and social disorder in lots of countries around the world when food prices surge higher still and food scarcity hits.  21st century Democrats.. the party of chaos.  What a mess. 

I thought the food riots and downfall of civilization were coming from Covid-related shortages. Is this where you conspiracy guys are going with that specter now? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I do see this coming as well 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The President? Naw, he's the President. 

Trump, not so much 

Never will be again :) 

The only thing we know for certain is Joey will never be President again.  Worst President ever and his brain is mush already, never mind in 2 more years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The only thing we know for certain is Joey will never be President again.  Worst President ever and his brain is mush already, never mind in 2 more years.

You think Putin will be a victim of this war?