Ticket Holders — How to Dress For Cold Rain?

elijah

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

he doesn’t like people talking the truth about how miserable football games can be when played in wet, windy and cold conditions.  Just shut up and deal with it like the cavemen did. Cavemen didn’t have the luxury of goretex, heaters and domes, why do you need them?  Toughen up weakboi

OP needs crowd distractions.  To wit:

• Haha (+1) 1

As someone who works outside, I can tell you there is no 100% waterproof attire. Having said that, there is a big difference between standing in one spot for 3-4 hrs and actually working/moving around in it for 8+ hrs. Rain suits are your best bet, but trust me, somehow the water always finds a way in. If it's a cold rain, I always like to wear thermal under shirts and pants. These truly help alot. Also wool socks with some kind of waterproof boot. This will drastically help keep your feet warm. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Oh ***** my man you’re a genius! I forgot I had a rain coat at home that I totally didn’t specifically buy just because of these rainy Bills games, great idea! 

🤦‍♂️

Why the need for the sarcasm on this board all the time. The Colts game was unbearable even with rain gear. Just asking if anyone has found any sort of success or tips outside of rain gear that might help. 

It's a good question.

I think a lot of it has to do with young kids participating here, the fact that no on knows each other or stands face to face as a part of real confrontation, and the general toxic atmosphere of repressed anger and hate that pervades this site.

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's a good question.

I think a lot of it has to do with young kids participating here, the fact that no on knows each other or stands face to face as a part of real confrontation, and the general toxic atmosphere of repressed anger and hate that pervades this site.

Well, bless your little heart for discerning that!

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, elijah said:

In advance, I’m sorry for starting another weather thread. I truly am. 

But for longtime season ticket holders or game goers, what have you guys found best to dress in for cold rain? 

I’ve been going to 3 or 4 games a year consistently for maybe a decade now, but for the first time this year I have season tickets. Before I could just jump around and purchase games when I wanted and avoid the cold, rainy, windy days. Now, I’m going to every game and let me tell you the Colts game was BRUTAL. It was the first Bills game I ever left before the 4th quarter. 

Typically I would just layer up and get some hand warmers for the cold and call it a day and be content. But the rain and cold combined is a different animal, especially if you add wind. The layers get wet and you’re stuck in those same clothes and can never get warmer. 

Any suggestions? Habits that work well? 

It's probably too late to get this stuff now, but...this website is FILLED with head-to-toe outdoor wear for workers who have to work outdoors all day long in terrible weather.

This is probably the best stuff you're going to get for something like this.

https://pksafety.com/rainwear/

S372-S374-Man-wand-washing-pickup-truck-

On the cold rainy days, I have a poncho that I wear over a three-quarter length down jacket. I have rubber construction-intended Mitts that I wear over gloves. Thick socks and waterproof, and warm, boots are a must. My poncho is XXL, so it covers my legs when I am seated. It may seem like overkill, but I’ve never had to leave the game because of being drenched or even uncomfortable.

• Agree 1

Will they let you bring in a clear bag at all? Maybe bring some extra layers in a gallon zip lock bag or two?

Also, watch some videos on tips for dealing with weather when doing through hikes, like the Appalachian Trail. Look more for concepts, cause they are looking to get super light weight stuff (aka $$$) if they are gonna carry it for 1000 miles.

5 hours ago, Fallser said:

Get totally bombed and go shirt-less. 

I think he was asking what you do differently on days like that.   :)

If I’m a season ticket holder and risk facing this dilemma on a regular basis I’m investing in specialized rain gear/snowmobiling garb. Layers and staying dry are the key. I think @Shaw66 had some very good suggestions. I’ve got a news flash for you, as long as I’m comfortable I don’t give a hoot about how you think I look!

It’s funny, as a kid sometimes preparing to stay warm was almost as fun as the game. Apparently I’m not a kid any more! 

• Like (+1) 1

Under armour long sleeve and leggings as a base layer.  Have 2 sets, cool weather and cold weather.  Multiple layers of short/long sleeve.  Regular socks and thick thermal socks.  Winter boots with sub zero lining or regular waterproof (based on temp).   Jeans for cooler games, Carhart insulated bib for cold.  Hoodie.  Regular jacket for cool games, super warm jacket for cold games.

Keep your butt dry - plastic bags, blankets, whatever it takes.  Keep your feet dry and warm.  Pay the extra bucks for quality boots, worth every penny..

Have a few Coleman rain suits, or basic throw away ponchos.  Depends on what the forecast is.

Monday?  Have no clue!  Gonna bring a bunch of stuff and see how it plays out.  Will re-dress in the lot if I have to.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Don't sit on wet seats is my advice. 

Stop by the restrooms on your way to the seats and pick up some paper towels to wipe the seats.

Other than pregame, halftime and commercial breaks, it's pretty much a standing affair anyway.  At least it is in my section.  

13 minutes ago, BTB said:

How to dress for cold and rain?  What’s next?  When putting on my pants, what leg first? 

Holy Cow…what bizzaro world have I entered?

The world in which the answer to any question you may have is only a search engine away. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.