Lil Dirty - Benched (update - He’s back and better than ever)

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We signed Butler. It obviously hasn't worked out, so they have taken accountability and benched him. How is this a problem?

McK has had many more issues beyond the fumble. The blown squib kick against WFT, muffing a punt against Miami, bad choices for free kicks, bad choices to return, etc. I think he's out of his element as a returner. 

They benched Butler 8 weeks too late

32 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Out for season must mean an injury. 

I can't see a coach telling someone that they're 'out for the season' due to a fumble. 

Maybe Mcd is finally sending a message after that crap Sunday. This team is in the ropes.  Maybe he would rather go down taking a chance with hungry players than guys who think they are a lock and are not focused.  Maybe the mckenzie show on tic tok or IG etc has triggered Mcd given the team is losing. Doing your job, joking around while winning is one thing; losing and joking around with the season truly on the line is not tolerable behavior if you want to remain an NFL head coach. Just after the jets game Mcd d was telling the press how much mckenzie meant and they should check into his story. A costly fumble , contributing little else , while the team went from #1 seed to now hanging onto the last spot is no joke and for once maybe Mcd is actually shaking things up.  Mos. Being a healthy scratch twice in one season either means they overestimated his talent or he is not working to improve having been a “ star” at Utah!  He has played like crap the last 3-4 weeks.  Looks sluggish, missing running designed lanes, dropping screens. Brieda is hungry, and has passed him by.  Moss better make a business decision to work , cuz the NFL guys are not afraid to tackle him.  Bad or disappointing pick by Beane so far.   Could be wake up calls, but a second time for moss ( who looks slow) , is a big red flag and if Brieda keeps doing fairly well , he will be sitting this year barring injury and fighting for a roster spot next year!    

I am finally this year encouraged by mcD realizing this team is under performing and for once, he is not afraid to act !   Butler should have just been cut.   Excited to see what Stevenson can do.  This receiving group needs more deep speed , and now I don’t have to be anxious fielding punts and kick offs. Great moves, I hope they pay off because the season is at most two losses away from being over !  

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Moss is meaningful when they dont give him the ball?

These are the players you bench when you're afraid to bench someone important or when you can't fire a coach. You bench JAGs and pray it makes a difference.

These are players who aren't difference makers and yes you bench them to send a message. You really want to fire McDermott based on what he's done in his tenure vs. what we had the previous 15 or so years?

26 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well this Coaching Staff treats Sanders and Beasley as if they’re etched in stone as starters. 

So McKenzie and Davis get scraps left over. 

Um, they are and yes, they do.  :beer:

I love this place. Everyone screaming for McD to shake things up, he does, and people are crying “OMG NOT THAT GUY BENCH THE OTHER GUY”. Give me a break. Who the hell is he going to bench instead?? We’ve got zero O-line depth, little RB depth and Diggs, Bease, Sanders, Davis are locks. So who should have been realistically benched instead?

He made the right move. He recognizes we need more speed on the field, that’s Stevenson and Brieda. McKittrick wasn’t benched for one fumble he was benched for multiple near misses and bad decisions. The fumble was just the cherry on top and opened the door for Stevenson to see what he can do before the playoffs (hopefully).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.