NFL plans to settle with Saint Louis, terms to be made public(UPDATE settled for 790 million---UPDATE speculated Chargers/Raiders may have leaked internal documents to St Louis implicating Kroenke)

Big Turk

Looks like they don't want this going to trial...interesting to see what the terms are and if we ever find out exactly what percentage scumbag Kroenke is on the hook for.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-st-louis-settlement-details-141212770.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-nfl-st-louis-reach-154433579.html

The Rams, NFL and St. Louis have reached a settlement of $790 million in the relocation lawsuit, but it doesn't include an expansion team 

EDIT: Apparently it's being speculated the Chargers and Raiders leaked documents and info to Saint Louis while they were competing for their Carson Stadium bid that gave them the smoking gun for the lawsuit...hence why Kroenke feels he shouldn't pay everything since other owners actually caused the problem.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/news-analysis-did-other-nfl-021936912.html

Wow! Going to get interesting...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to NFL plans to settle with Saint Louis, terms to be made public(UPDATE settled for 790 million)
1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I doubt it’s going to be an expansion team or any other team apart of the deal. They’re probably going to get a ***** ton of Money from both Kronke and the NFL. 

790 million is the settlement...includes the entire NFL, no expansion team.

If they had a football team they could use it to build a stadium, but do not probably never will.  I am sure this hurts for the NFL owners because they hate to lose, but it’s barely half what they scammed from the Chargers and Rams for the  right to move.  

A couple of things come to mind -

1) So if this is the value of losing an NFL franchise, this should influence how much NYS & Erie contribute to keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

2) I assume the St Louis area is (far?) more than 1M people.  Is less than $1000/head really worth losing your football team? (I realize govt cost/revenue doesn't get apportioned that way, but I live ~300 miles from Buffalo & I certainly don't want the Bills living & would consider that remuneration pittance.)

• Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Two things- one I am glad he is paying for negotiating in bad faith, hopefully owners are more honest. Secondly I hope St Louis does not blow the money on stupid crap, which is my predixtion

Saint Louis is quite ghetto to a large degree, so there is plenty of things that money could go towards...went to school and lived there for 4.5 years, and my school was ranked as the most dangerous college in America based on the surrounding neighborhood while I was there. The publication got sued for that by the school, but they weren't wrong. Lots of crime surrounding that area...unsure of how it is now but I doubt it's much different.

Has quite a few very nice and affluent suburbs tho and there are very nice sections of the city...just more sections with Chop Suey stores on every corner where you see guys hanging out and shooting craps tho.

Edited by Big Turk

Interesting.  I guess the NFL really was afraid of it going to trial.  Still, $790M is good coin for STL to hopefully put to good use.  Does it say/does anyone know whether STL will never get an expansion team, or that it just wasn't part of the settlement?

And if Kroenke isn't footing the entire bill, at most the owners who voted to allow Kroenke to move should be on the hook for it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.