NFL plans to settle with Saint Louis, terms to be made public(UPDATE settled for 790 million---UPDATE speculated Chargers/Raiders may have leaked internal documents to St Louis implicating Kroenke)

Big Turk

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You wrote that despite knowing the fact that every team that has moved in the SB era has done so because their city took that exact position.

So...mere ownership (i.e. money) of an NFL team defines competence??  So, Dan Snyder: competent owner?  Mark Davis--he's a competent too, right?  Woody Johnson? How about multiple generations of the Ford family?

This should be good!

Luck buy definition is a rare/random event.  Lucky once with the Bills.  "Unlucky" (7 HC's, 4 GM's since 2010) with the Sabres over and over?  No.  That's a pattern of mismanagement. 

You notice the "almost" in there?  And the cities that took that position...lost their teams.  While the majority of them cried to get one back and ended up offering more than what the original owner wanted.  You're not making a point here.

No, not mere ownership.  Try "winning team," "luck" or not. :rolleyes:

Man you really hate the Pegulas, don't you?  It's pathetic considering you whined about Ralph being cheap and the team losing, and here the team is winning and they spend money...and you take every chance you get to insult them.  WTF is that about?

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

You notice the "almost" in there?  And the cities that took that position...lost their teams.  While the majority of them cried to get one back and ended up offering more than what the original owner wanted.  You're not making a point here.

Man you really hate the Pegulas, don't you?  It's pathetic considering you whined about Ralph being cheap and the team losing, and here the team is winning and they spend money...and you take every chance you get to insult them.  WTF is that about?

Some people just love complaining

Just now, Big Turk said:

Some people just love complaining

It's more than that.  No one takes every turn they can to insult someone if they don't truly dislike them.  Heck even if you don't really care about someone, you say usually nothing about them.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes.  In every case.  So even "almost" is wrong.  It is the very reason all the moves happened.  This position is what moved teams each time.  You're saying "it almost never happens....except in every case where a team was moved in the history of the modern NFL". 

Oh, "winning team"....lol nice feint.  Always a moving target.  So, no winning equals incompetent ownership.  

Ralph was cheap. I don't "hate" people I don't know, doc.  This isn't high school.   And pointing out their mismanagement (which has been done by so many others for years, as you are well aware) of their NHL franchise is "insulting"?  That's an interesting take. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yes.  In every case.  So even "almost" is wrong.  It is the very reason all the moves happened.  This position is what moved teams each time.  You're saying "it almost never happens....except in every case where a team was moved in the history of the modern NFL". 

Oh, "winning team"....lol nice feint.  Always a moving target.  So, no winning equals incompetent ownership.  

Ralph was cheap. I don't "hate" people I don't know, doc.  This isn't high school.   And pointing out their mismanagement (which has been done by so many others for years, as you are well aware) of their NHL franchise is "insulting"?  That's an interesting take.

How many teams have asked for and gotten funds from the public, and thus stayed in their markets, some several times over weo?  Yeah, almost all of them.  So yeah, almost no city expects an owner to pay entirely for a new stadium and most of the foolish handful in NFL history that did realized what a huge mistake they made. 

So you need to know someone to dislike them.  So you don't, say, dislike Hitler, right?  LOL, good one WEO.  That's elementary...

Calling them incompetent owners is an insult.  Doubling down by saying that the Bills winning is "luck" and doesn't mean anything only proves further that you (by your own admission) haven't graduated from HS. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

How many teams have asked for and gotten funds from the public, and thus stayed in their markets, some several times over weo?  Yeah, almost all of them.  So yeah, almost no city expects an owner to pay entirely for a new stadium and most of the foolish handful in NFL history that did realized what a huge mistake they made. 

So you need to know someone to dislike them.  So you don't, say, dislike Hitler, right?  LOL, good one WEO.  That's elementary...

Calling them incompetent owners is an insult.  Doubling down by saying that the Bills winning is "luck" and doesn't mean anything only proves further that you (by your own admission) haven't graduated from HS. 

Hitler!!!  Wow!  I didn't think I would squeeze Hitler out of you!  That's your best post ever!

Anyway..... if, by your own assessment, simply "owning" "a winning team" defines competent team ownership, then you have to agree that Pegula is an incompetent NHL franchise owner.  

That was easy---and you did all the work yourself!

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hitler!!!  Wow!  I didn't think I would squeeze Hitler out of you!  That's your best post ever!

Anyway..... if, by your own assessment, simply "owning" "a winning team" defines competent team ownership, then you have to agree that Pegula is an incompetent NHL franchise owner.  

That was easy---and you did all the work yourself!

You could just answer the question.  Sure Hitler is an extreme example, but he's a guy who billions of people absolutely hate...without ever needing to meet him.  Because it's a silly notion that you have to have met someone to have an opinion about them.  But I know why you went there.

And fine, I'll accept that as NHL owners, they've been incompetent.  As NFL owners, they've been incredibly competent, and that means far more.  Again, the NHL is now behind SOCCER in terms of popularity.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

You could just answer the question.  Sure Hitler is an extreme example, but he's a guy who billions of people absolutely hate...without ever needing to meet him.  Because it's a silly notion that you have to have met someone to have an opinion about them.  But I know why you went there.

And fine, I'll accept that as NHL owners, they've been incompetent.  As NFL owners, they've been incredibly competent, and that means far more.  Again, the NHL is now behind SOCCER in terms of popularity.

I'm just really proud I could prompt a poster to type the above bolded phrase....which has to be the first time those words have been strung together in a post on TSW!  I didn't even bother with the "search function for that one!!

Thank you for the unexpected gift.

Anyway, 

First it was they are competent owners simply because they own a team

Then it's they are competent owners because they own "a winning team"

Then it's they are competent owners because they own a "winning" NFL team

Then it's they are competent owners because they own a winning team and aren't Hitler

Finally it's "as NHL owners, they been incompetent"..

And the best part is you previously (in your Hitler post) declared: "calling them incompetent owners is insulting"....

My work here is done.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm just really proud I could prompt a poster to type the above bolded phrase....which has to be the first time those words have been strung together in a post on TSW!  I didn't even bother with the "search function for that one!!

Thank you for the unexpected gift.

Anyway, 

First it was they are competent owners simply because they own a team

Then it's they are competent owners because they own "a winning team"

Then it's they are competent owners because they own a "winning" NFL team

Then it's they are competent owners because they own a winning team and aren't Hitler

Finally it's "as NHL owners, they been incompetent"..

And the best part is you previously (in your Hitler post) declared: "calling them incompetent owners is insulting"....

My work here is done.

As usual, you were done long ago.  You just didn't realize it.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.