Beane or McDermott?

78thealltimegreat

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Title says it all as it does seem there is a bit of disagreement in the direction of this franchise trickling out and you can kinda hear it in McDermotts comments.     Cause I’d keep Sean in my opinion I think he knows the problems he just doesn’t think he has the personnel to fix it. 

You guys act like this is a 1-9 team. All this talk about gutting the team, firing Daboll, firing Frazier. Can we wait until the seasons over, please? I know everyone is upset and I am as well, but please. We are currently in the thick of everything. Let's revisit this **** after it's all said & done. 🧐

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Title says it all as it does seem there is a bit of disagreement in the direction of this franchise trickling out and you can kinda hear it in McDermotts comments.     Cause I’d keep Sean in my opinion I think he knows the problems he just doesn’t think he has the personnel to fix it. 

Or perhaps the coaches.  I also believe the play of his team today really surprised him.

Locked at the hip. Hell would freeze over before one goes and the other doesn’t.

With that being said, I would want Beane gone. I think McDermott isn’t a good coach, but I believe Beane is an awful talent evaluator. In the NFL, you HAVE to draft well. I think we’ve sucked at it since Beane took over. Miss after miss.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Locked at the hip. Hell would freeze over before one goes and the other doesn’t.

With that being said, I would want Beane gone. I think McDermott isn’t a good coach, but I believe Beane is an awful talent evaluator. In the NFL, you HAVE to draft well. I think we’ve sucked at it since Beane took over. Miss after miss.

Just pull a Rams and trade our high picks for proven players.   Let Beane make picks Rounds 3-7 and prohibit him from being in the room when we discuss running back prospects.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, cDAVIS said:

I heard nothing in the comments that even hints at a disagreement between him and Beane. Again, 3 if 4 years in the playoffs. We are 6-4. Are we that spoiled as a fanbase now where playoff contender and wildcard isn't good enough?

Well with an outlook like that I guess a deep run in the playoffs is not coming anytime soon.  Congratulations on completely missing the point.  Saying that this fanbase is spoiled is incomprehensible.

24 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Let's fire them both and go on another 17 year playoff drought. 

I haven't heard a thing about a disagreement. You could have just framed this as pick one, get rid of one, that's enough of a discussion starter.

I'm not ready to toss either yet, but for the sake of the question, I'll keep Beane. It could be emotional right now and may change tomorrow but there have just been too many lame calls by McDermott this year in my opinion. Perhaps the math or whatever supports it, but it's just kind of weak for example to even attempt a 49 yard field goal in the rain. Was it also Jacksonville where they let the last few seconds tick away on a final punt? Rather than getting the ball with one or two seconds left and trying something. 

I realize some of that contradicts McDermott's choice to go for it in Tennessee, but maybe he's being more timid because of that?

I think Beane is learning how hard running it back can be.

How easy it is to overrate the talent on offense.

The Bills have invested in the defense and up until today it largely paid off. The depth at DT falls off a Cliff when Star L is out.

But overall, this team needs players at every position in the offense besides QB. 

No more overrating anyone on this offense. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Say more, why do you say that and why so?

On the former point, I think he wasn't happy with the offensive game plan particularly with a back up o line.  We had a balanced attack last week and went back to putting everything on the passing attack.  He referenced the team's mental mistakes a lot in his presser and losing badly at the point of attack.  This is the first game where they were soundly beaten in all three phases.  I think that surprised him.

55 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Calling up Lincoln Riley with a blank check and saying you get to coach Josh Allen isn’t the worst idea in the world 

You really want to take a team that has made the playoffs (most likely) 4 out of 5 years and give the reins to a college coach who has never coached professionally?

See: Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.