Is it Zero Depth or Bad Coaching?

BuffaloBaumer

Can you imagine if Buffalo had injuries like Ravens, Niners  or Cleveland?? These teams lose starters time and time again and the coaching still finds a way to figure it out. We lose a RT and 1 DT and it's like we just lost our QB and top 3 receivers. The excuses from this organization is beyond pathetic. How is this team clinging to the 6th spot??!!

Edited by BuffaloBaumer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• BuffaloBaumer changed the title to Is it Zero Depth or Bad Coaching?

This team is soft. That is all on the coaching staff and GM. How do you build a soft team to play in Buffalo? It looks like a Miami or Los Angeles team, not a Buffalo team. This team looked like a team that wanted no part of playing in the cold  with wind and rain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I tend to blame coaching for the O, and bad depth for the D.

Get a great OL coach like Dante Scarnecchia, and you can plug and play scrubs all year. Bobby Johnson is not a great OL coach.

On D, scrubs like Jag Harry and Butler should never have been kept. They would've been better served filling the bottom of the roster with aggressive, physical,hungry players

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s 100% on the coaching. 
I think Mcdermott is a great coach. I expected so much more from Daboll this year though. Adding sanders and Breida to what we already had there’s no excuses other than scheme and play call why this offense is sputtering so badly. Injuries or not the offense has not looked overly good all year long even in games we are playing really good. There are weaknesses and injuries and all teams have those. The good coaches scheme to help cover those issues. The defense had a bad game, their worst of the season. But they’ve played how the coaches have wanted imo outside of today and maybe Tennessee. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

So you’re telling me Debbie Harry plays for this team. 😆 

I thought posting a snarky reply like this, but I couldn't come up with the right pop culture late 1970s reference. I thought Donna Summer, but that just didn't seem to capture it. Debbie Harry is ... perfect. Congratulations, Sir Andrew - your mind is just a tiny bit more cluttered with pointless knowledge than mine.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Can you imagine if Buffalo had injuries like Ravens, Niners  or Cleveland?? These teams lose starters time and time again and the coaching still finds a way to figure it out. We lose a RT and 1 DT and it's like we just lost our QB and top 3 receivers. The excuses from this organization is beyond pathetic. How is this team clinging to the 6th spot??!!

It all depends on the timing of those player losses as well.  Against the Colts...a good, hot team, we needed to be as close to 100% as possible.  Instead we're down 2 starters on the o line, our starting MLB and 2 on the D line (don't forget we're missing Zimmer as well).  That said, a better game plan on both sides of the ball was needed to overcome those losses.

• Agree 1

My concern is that Daboll and the team has lost Josh.  The constant parade of jail break pass rushes, holding penalties, stuffed running plays and dropped passes has to take a toll.  Josh no longer seems confident in anyone other than Diggs. Maybe Knox. 

Its definitely poor depth but coaches aren't adapting to the players we have. When ford is in there we need to run more and go with more 22 personnel, like we did last week.

Defense should go more 43 against physical teams or 52 if you dont have the LBs, lord knows we have enough Dlineman.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

‘19 Eagles

’20 Titans

’21 Colts

This year seems worse due to the expectations and season long lingering issues carried over from last year, but every year under McDermott, we seem to have one game that we get our brains bashed in. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

‘19 Eagles

’20 Titans

’21 Colts

This year seems worse due to the expectations and season long lingering issues carried over from last year, but every year under McDermott, we seem to have one game that we get our brains bashed in. 

Thats every year , even during the Superbowl era we had crushing losses in season.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Which 49ers team are you talking about? The one that went 2-14 a couple of years ago? The one that had a losing record last year? The one that has a worse record than the Bills this year? And the Browns team that got blown out last week and barely beat the Lions today?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.