Week 12: Bills at Saints on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Worstcaseontario said:

We cannot lose to trevor siemian, that would be BAD - that said im taking the bills hanging 40 on the saints in a dominating bounce back game.

Saints have a good defense at all levels so unless our secondary has multiple int's I don't see us putting up any more than 30.  Especially if the Saints game plan is to run, run, and run again to control the clock.  I'm thinking a nail biter and something like a 24-20 Bills victory.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just establish the run. Change this identity. Show teams you are willing to get dirty. Show teams we have a second pitch when the fastball is being caught up to. Show teams we aren’t 1 note. Go out there and win a different way and recreate the identity of this team. As a team that can beat you anyway they have to.  

How come no one ever says establish the pass?

On 11/22/2021 at 1:16 PM, finn said:

I think they win, and the Bills have 11 days to get their act together for the home stretch. 

If they lose, they can still pull it together, win the division and so make the playoffs, but the self-analysis will need to deeper, and it will come amidst intense media and fan criticism. It wouldn't be a pleasant 11 days for them or us. 

Nope. This is absolutely a must win in a tight AFC. New England has outscored their opponents 175-50 in their last five games. If we don't start winning immediately then they will run away with the division. They will likely split with us and then they have Jacksonville and Miami to close the year. I'd also heavily favor them against a team with as many injuries as Tennessee. You have to assume they're winning 11 games MINIMUM when you look at their schedule.

Edited by evek

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Suppose the Patriots beat the Titans this week and the road to the SB goes through NE? 

As distasteful as it seems, we should be rooting for NE to beat the Titans. The Titans have effectively a 2-game lead on us and a very easy remaining schedule.  The Bills have two games left with NE and, as bad as we’ve played at times, we absolutely can take care of our own business and win both those games. In fact, I’m hoping NE is favored going into that Monday night game…

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

As distasteful as it seems, we should be rooting for NE to beat the Titans. The Titans have effectively a 2-game lead on us and a very easy remaining schedule.  The Bills have two games left with NE and, as bad as we’ve played at times, we absolutely can take care of our own business and win both those games. In fact, I’m hoping NE is favored going into that Monday night game…

Agreed, but it's one of those games where any results has positive outcomes for the Bills. And as such, I will root for the Titans. 🤣

17 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Agreed, but it's one of those games where any results has positive outcomes for the Bills. And as such, I will root for the Titans. 🤣

You could make the case that we are now fighting just to make the playoffs—that the first seed in the AFC is a pipe dream—in which case, sure, we should be rooting for NE to lose, since we’ll probably only be able to split with them anyway, the way things are going. That’s probably a more realistic way to look at it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Probably because most teams don’t just completely ignore the passing game on purpose for entire months at a time. To where it would be necessary to establish it. Maybe in the 70s they did.

I know....it's just that establish the run is such a cliche...

5 hours ago, mannc said:

at this point, I’ve pretty much given up on the #1 seed and will be more than happy with just winning the division.   As such, go Titans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I know....it's just that establish the run is such a cliche...

Establishing the run is still the essence of football.  Yes, it’s a passing game today but you can still win with a running game and great defense.  You probably will not win it all being one dimensional in any aspect.  

Running requires physical and mental dominance and that tends to improve all facets of a teams game.  The Bills need to run enough to keep Josh from having to do it all.  

14 hours ago, mannc said:

New england is going to win the division and sweep this team. Some just can't grasp it. This version of the bills team is not good

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 11/24/2021 at 3:40 PM, CNYfan said:

There you go, again.

Just sayin’. This is a matchup league and the matchups favored the Bills overwhelmingly. I saw that you also chastised @Success for predicting a blowout of the Jets. I can’t speak for him, but I assume it his prediction was based on matchups. Fwiw, I thought the Bills would lose to the Colts because … matchups. 

Edited by dave mcbride

18 hours ago, CSBill said:

We need to win our division first before worrying about first seed. Go Titans

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.