Time to bring out the pitchforks for Beane ?

Teddy KGB

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He gave up too much for Edmunds.

Oliver was a reach though he is a fine player. Bass looks solid. Ford, Moss, Epenesa are all busts. People said it was fine Basham isn't dressing often. A second round pick gets the red shirt season and people are ok with that??? Nuts. 

That said I thought his offseason was good. I liked the Williams deal. I liked Brown in the 3rd. Basham and Doyle are wastes of picks that should have been on the interior line.

Edmunds: I disagree. He was a risk because he was so young - by the time he hits his peak years, he'll be a free agent - but he's been really good and well worth the pick.

Oliver: yeah, I wish he were the second coming of Aaron Donald, but he's been generally productive. I think I would've liked an O lineman with that pick.

Bass: fantastic. A steal.

Epenesa: with where he was chosen I think the pick was fine. I don't think using high picks on Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham in consecutive drafts was wise.

Brown: he looks like he'll be a good one, and he's already a starter. What do you want from a 3rd rounder? And Doyle was a 5th rounder, which is always kind of a crapshoot.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Edmunds: I disagree. He was a risk because he was so young - by the time he hits his peak years, he'll be a free agent - but he's been really good and well worth the pick.

Oliver: yeah, I wish he were the second coming of Aaron Donald, but he's been generally productive. I think I would've liked an O lineman with that pick.

Bass: fantastic. A steal.

Epenesa: with where he was chosen I think the pick was fine. I don't think using high picks on Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham in consecutive drafts was wise.

Brown: he looks like he'll be a good one, and he's already a starter. What do you want from a 3rd rounder? And Doyle was a 5th rounder, which is always kind of a crapshoot.

Why you quoting me on this Frank?

I know this is going to open a huge can of worms and haters.  But its when when we traded the 10th pick on the 2017 draft and we lost Patrick Mahome's.  Even though Beane wasn't the GM we still have the same level of the GM mistakes with talent choices.  That are questionable head scratching decisions.

That was the day we should have stuck a pitch fork in the both the owners and past GM's sorry a**es. 

And the problem continues....till this day.

sai.JPG

Edited by Toyo321

52 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Daboll has McCarthy Syndrome. He's been figured out and is trying to get by on sheer talent of Allen and Diggs to cover up the fact that his scheme is old and tired. 

This is 100% correct.  In addition, much worse than McCarthy, I think he simply  has no feel or understanding for protection or the run game.

We play teams who put their QBs in a good position to hit a big wr or te without him being blanketed.

I watched the KC game at my Giants fan buddies place, he commented that he couldn't tell you what the bills offense is, it just looks like Allen I'm shotgun and wrs running around and getting open.

Out coaching sucks

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

What do we do going forward ?    Does he take a draft off so someone else can bring in some decent linemen ? 

No, it's not time to bring out the pitchforks.  Beane is doing just fine.  He's not the best at drafting but he's not the worst, and he got the most important pick of his career 100% correct.  He's very good at managing the salary cap and drawing up contracts that give the team lots of flexibility every year.  He's not the wizard people sometimes act like he is but he's an above average GM who has built a solid team.  He's the best GM we've had in a long time.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I know this is going to open a huge can of worms and haters.  But its when when he traded the 10th pick on the 2017 draft and we lost Patrick Mahomes.

That was the day you stuck a pitch fork and a pair of sai's in his sorry a**.....

sai.JPG

u do know that wasnt Beane right?

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why are people in such a hurry to throw aside a coach and GM that have made this franchise relevant?

Because new is ALWAYS better, duh…seriously though people think that getting rid of these guys will help solve the problem, but my guess is many of them don’t have a solid solution if asked. Cool, get rid of Beane and McDermott, but who do you replace them with? And what’s the guarantee that those new guys will somehow do better than a team that is constantly now in the playoff hunt and can contend to go deep in the playoffs? 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Beane is just an average GM. I've been saying it for years. If the Jets took Allen he would have taken Rosen or Darnold and the Bills would be the Jets. He got lucky Allen fell to him.

He gave up too much for Edmunds. Oliver was a reach though he is a fine player. Bass looks solid. Ford, Moss, Epenesa are all busts. People said it was fine Basham isn't dressing often. A second round pick gets the red shirt season and people are ok with that??? Nuts. 

That said I thought his offseason was good. I liked the Williams deal. I liked Brown in the 3rd. Basham and Doyle are wastes of picks that should have been on the interior line. Many of us were screaming for a NT or C/G. 

Oh well. Not going to let it get to me. They either play better or they don't. I cant care that much anymore. 

Boom

Brandon Beane most overrated GM in history of NFL. Guy doesn’t know talent if it was right in front of him. Horrible pick after horrible pick.

Oliver over Simmons.

Cody fkn Ford over AJ Brown AND METCALF.

I could go on and on. Not going to help matters. Beane should thank Josh Allen daily for saving his ass

3 hours ago, Mango said:

This feels like some hyperbole. I’ve been smacked down for saying this, but most of the best players on this team Beane inherited. 

Milano, Hyde, Poyer, Hyde, Hughes, etc. 

I’ve long stood that we could have gotten ourselves out of cap help by being a bit more rational. Like waiting a few months to release Dareus, that would have cut his hit in half. 

To Beanes credit, he’s long been willing to backtrack on his mistakes like our QB room a few years ago. But this roster seems to be a culmination of mistakes and over allocation of dollars and draft picks to the wrong players. We shall see…

you think this team would have more than 2 wins if MT was playing QB? I don’t.

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you could say this about every ostensibly good team.

We've seen what the Cardinals are without Kyler, what the Packers are without Aaron, etc., etc.

AZ won today.  The Steelers went 8-8 in a year without Ben starting Duck Hodges. 

4 hours ago, Success said:

The negatives:

- He KNEW going into this offseason that O-line and RB were major issues.  He addressed those areas, but didn't attack them with desperation.  They needed to be attacked w/ desperation.

It seems like the latter was just a blind spot or something. Or too much wishful thinking about the talent we had.

Or being unable to focus on both o line and d line in the early rounds.  He did draft 3 o linemen, the earliest being Brown in the third.  

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

What do we do going forward ?    Does he take a draft off so someone else can bring in some decent linemen ? 

I think he needs to pour resources into this offense.

This team has a quarterback that guys want to play for.

But …. we need more talent at WR. I don’t want to hear about Diggs. 1,500 yards was last year, he’s about a 1,100 yard WR right now. 

Gabe Davis isn’t going to be a #2. Sanders is too old. Beasley peaked last year.

A huge need on this team is a vertical playmaker at WR.

We need a real Tight End and depth. No more Tommy Sweeney and Reggie Gilliam. 

We need a faster running back. Zack Moss stinks, Singletary is a backup. 

And of course we know the offensive line, really at every position, could be improved.

This is the cautionary tale of running it back with the same crew. 

And Allen needs a suite of weapons.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.