Time to bring out the pitchforks for Beane ?

Teddy KGB

45 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think I have more of an issue with the game day usages of players then the roster. I think the offensive philosophy is absolutely killing us. The talent is there. The game plan is atrocious and has been figured out. I have been asking for the Shula Panthers (good Cam) offense for 3 years now. Josh Allen is at his best in an offense with a lot of big set, play action and where his legs are a big part of the plan. Stop the shotgun spread on every play. Please!

Daboll has McCarthy Syndrome. He's been figured out and is trying to get by on sheer talent of Allen and Diggs to cover up the fact that his scheme is old and tired. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Process said:

At the end of the day, if we didn't have Allen, this would be one of the worst team in the league.

I agree with this for the most part which again begs the question of what Beane has really accomplished here outside of Allen and Diggs for the most part.

And the way he seems to covet draft picks (i.e. not making any moves at the trade deadline) leads you to believe he really thinks everything he touches turns to gold.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I agree with this for the most part which again begs the question of what Beane has really accomplished here outside of Allen and Diggs for the most part.

And the way he seems to covet draft picks (i.e. not making any moves at the trade deadline) leads you to believe he really thinks everything he touches turns to gold.

Just going by the draft, starting in 2018 since the 2017 draft was muddled:

Josh - 'nuff said

Edmunds - today showed he's very valuable to the defense. I don't care, we need him out there. 

Neal - key special teamer/solid depth safety

Taron Johnson - starting slot corner, excellent tackler

Dawson Knox - a very good TE now that he's developed

Gabe Davis - promising young WR

Tyler Bass - one of the best kickers in the league 

Dane Jackson - good depth, solid up and comer

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

My guess on his core roster management philosophy is that he likes draft picks over trades because he believes it helps make his job of managing the salary cap easier. Cheap 4-year contracts which won't get extended if he thinks he isn't getting a suitable return on investment.

56 minutes ago, Success said:

The positives:

- Beane nailed the QB decision in that draft.  Josh is the best (and please don't bring up today).

- Beane ended this team's drought, and in a few years, got the Bills to the AFCCG and made them a SB favorite, at least for one offseason

- His drafts and offseason acquisitions are generally very good

The negatives:

- He KNEW going into this offseason that O-line and RB were major issues.  He addressed those areas, but didn't attack them with desperation.  They needed to be attacked w/ desperation.

It seems like the latter was just a blind spot or something. Or too much wishful thinking about the talent we had.

I agree,  as much as some of his picks have been busts,  (hello Cody Ford) Beane made the right choice on the most important position in football. You can always add player in coming years,  but if you don't have a great Qb you will never win in league and I am thankful for him choosing Allen.  No question the Bills need to start drafting better,  they need a RB playing for one of the major schools who has speed & burst. I would focus on getting a guard & center,  Morse is not strong enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you could say this about every ostensibly good team.

We've seen what the Cardinals are without Kyler, what the Packers are without Aaron, etc., etc.

The Colt McCoy Cards just beat Wilson's Seahawks.

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

sigh another bad game no argument...pick your coach and or player to flame I guess.but ya know if Mckenzie doesnt fumble his way to gifting 7 points and Bass makes those kicks we got us a game for most of the 3rd quarter...but alas the run D would have let us down...

Come on!  The 2 missed FGs were from 57 and 59 yards because that's as close as that Offense could get on 4 possessions after their TD early in the 2ndQ.  They got outscored 14-0 in the 3rd (which also included a punt and an INT).  

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Just going by the draft, starting in 2018 since the 2017 draft was muddled:

Josh - 'nuff said

Edmunds - today showed he's very valuable to the defense. I don't care, we need him out there. 

Neal - key special teamer/solid depth safety

Taron Johnson - starting slot corner, excellent tackler

Dawson Knox - a very good TE now that he's developed

Gabe Davis - promising young WR

Tyler Bass - one of the best kickers in the league 

Dane Jackson - good depth, solid up and comer

Not arguing most of this but where are the true star players especially on defense that can wreck a game and change momentum on a single play?

Yes we have a lot of turnovers but it's been mostly against garbage QB's and rookies. And there were several times today something could have happened but didn't instead just dumb penalties and making Wentz look like Mahomes or Allen back there getting out of sacks.

Just seems all we have talked about with Beane's picks is 'potential' and still waiting for real results.

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Asking an honest question, but can you show me an interview or something like that that shows they “bought into their own hype”? Having a couple of bad games doesn’t mean they bought into their own hype. Teams have just been able to expose this team’s weaknesses

Ya the off-season and preseason all of them talking about how great their offense was and how great josh is - show me in games ot shut up about it imo

24 minutes ago, Governor said:

Today was the first time in 36 years that I turned off a game in the 4th quarter.

I had no choice. It isn’t the players on the field. It’s the ineptitude from the organization trickling down to the players on the field and it finally exploded today.

This is the first time that I’ve felt that I don’t want to be a part of this anymore. It’s shameful.

Dude back off the ledge-so you’re saying that today did it for you?? At no point during the 20 year drought did you feel like this, but today, with a team that is still 6-4, went to the AFC championship game last year, playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, today made you not want to root for the team any more? Yikes

3 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Ya the off-season and preseason all of them talking about how great their offense was and how great josh is - show me in games ot shut up about it imo

Literally last week, and don’t give me the “it was the Jets” crap. Or how about the beatings they put on the Dolphins and Texans? Or how about the absolutely convincing win against the Chiefs in KC on a national stage

In retrospect, the soft early schedule was not our friend. When you have "the #1 defense" after 9 games and you've played:

- the Steelers

- the Dolphins

- WFT

- the Texans

- Dolphins again

- the Jaguars

- the Jets

for 7 of them, maybe you shouldn't be so sure that the numbers tell you something real. 

And when you start 5-2 and people are calling you the Super Bowl favorites, maybe you don't make the trade deadline deals you need to make. Maybe standing pat when you know the team has at least a couple major issues (offensive line in general, up the middle defense) wasn't the best idea. In Beane's defense: he hasn't been here before, in this "best team in the conference" situation, at least not as a GM. Another Beane -- Billy -- used to be fond of saying this: the first third of the season is to figure out what you've got and what you need; the second third is to get the parts you need; the third part is to win with them. This Beane probably made some mistakes in the assessment phase (the first third) because our opponents simply weren't good enough to expose our flaws. That caused him to think any problems could be papered over without making some personnel changes. Every other AFC team has its own flaws this season, but ours are looking a little more intractable without personnel changes than, say, the Chiefs. Or dare I say the Pats?

Right now if you ask me who has the better chance of going to the Super Bowl this year, the Colts or the Bills, I'd probably have to say the Colts.

If you ask me which team has the better chance of making the playoffs 4 or 5 times over the next half dozen years, it's clearly the Bills.

Different team building philosophies (Colts: inside-out, build in the trenches, bring in a QB from outside; Bills: use draft capital for skill positions, build the O line and interior D line through veteran signings), different projections for this year vs. the upcoming years.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Colt McCoy Cards just beat Wilson's Seahawks.

Come on!  The 2 missed FGs were from 57 and 59 yards because that's as close as that Offense could get on 4 possessions after their TD early in the 2ndQ.  They got outscored 14-0 in the 3rd (which also included a punt and an INT).  

He refused to let Allen have another shot at it on 4th and 5 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Beane is just an average GM. I've been saying it for years. If the Jets took Allen he would have taken Rosen or Darnold and the Bills would be the Jets. He got lucky Allen fell to him.

He gave up too much for Edmunds. Oliver was a reach though he is a fine player. Bass looks solid. Ford, Moss, Epenesa are all busts. People said it was fine Basham isn't dressing often. A second round pick gets the red shirt season and people are ok with that??? Nuts. 

That said I thought his offseason was good. I liked the Williams deal. I liked Brown in the 3rd. Basham and Doyle are wastes of picks that should have been on the interior line. Many of us were screaming for a NT or C/G. 

Oh well. Not going to let it get to me. They either play better or they don't. I cant care that much anymore. 

I generally agree with a lot of what you say here but Beane moved up from 21 to 7 to get Allen so I dont think he "fell to him" unlike say BB staying pat for Mac Jones this year... 

Jets and Browns had their chance to take Allen and took lesser players instead... 

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He refused to let Allen have another shot at it on 4th and 5 

McD loves him his FGs.  No faith in his QB.  Josh wanted to stay in

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True. But I think this may say more about the state of the 2021 Seahawks than the excellence of a Cardinals team with McCoy at QB.

The NcCoy Cardinals are 2-1.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.