Shaquill Griffin, Jags CB on the Bills yesterday: "It's like they don't care"

Big Turk

It was so noticeable yesterday that they thought they could just go in there and walk away with a W that even their opponents noticed it:

"I was just looking on their sideline, and one thing I noted is I was like, 'they don't have the same energy as us,' ” Griffin said. “I feel like if you feel like one team deserved this win, it's us, but you've got to believe that."

"So that's one thing I kept preaching at everybody else. 'Look on the sidelines, watching them walking around, it's like they don't care. They don't deserve this. Let's show them why.' "

When your opponent can tell you are so arrogant, unprepared and unfocused that you don't seem to care, that's a major problem.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Shaquill Griffin, Jags CB on the Bills yesterday: "It's like they don't care"
1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Plus we totally fell for their “throw them off their game with some rough stuff early” shenanigans.

I mean that was brilliant play by the Jags. Bills didn't want a tough game yesterday, they wanted an easy game where their inferior opponent rolled over for them the way the Texans did.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It was so noticeable yesterday that they thought they could just go in there and walk away with a W that even their opponents noticed it:

"I was just looking on their sideline, and one thing I noted is I was like, 'they don't have the same energy as us,' ” Griffin said. “I feel like if you feel like one team deserved this win, it's us, but you've got to believe that."

"So that's one thing I kept preaching at everybody else. 'Look on the sidelines, watching them walking around, it's like they don't care. They don't deserve this. Let's show them why.' "

When your opponent can tell you are so arrogant, unprepared and unfocused that you don't seem to care, that's a major problem.

Eh take that comment with a grain of salt.  Griffin is a bad cornerback and he’s puffing out his chest after his team pulls off a major upset.

The Bills teams under McDermott don’t have this track record.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Eh take that comment with a grain of salt.  Griffin is a bad cornerback and he’s puffing out his chest after his team pulls off a major upset.

They seemed to yesterday and it seemed to start with McD.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

I thought this yesterday. Something is up. The Bills were absolutely bereft of competitive Fire yesterday. I haven’t seen that kind of mailing it in in sometime. Has to be a reason. Someone’s pissed at someone. They absolutely stunk yesterday on offense. Something is most definitely wrong.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

The Bills are soft mentally.  They certainly have plenty of physical skill, and the games they have won are because of that.  They showed a little mental toughness against KC, but then again, that was mostly emotion boiling over from last year.  Other than KC they havent beaten a good team this year, and now have lost to a terrible one.  Other terrible teams will notice that if they play with enough intensity the Bills will fall apart and run for the bus.  Never mind peer and near peer teams that are well coached like the Saints, Pats, and Bucs.  Today, that looks like 4 losses.  Will 10-7 get them into the playoffs?  Even 10-7 assumes they win the games they should like against the Jets. Right now, i don't see 10-7 getting in, and if by some miracle it does, we'll let out another long sloppy fart in a road game like yesterday

Going forward every team is going to smell blood in the water and come after the Bills.  The question now is, do they respond in kind, sack up and play better, or do they fold up and limp across the finish line? 

• Agree 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

Shhhh.... rational, logical thinking isn't going to come back to the board until Thursday or Fiday. Until then, we just have to endure nonsical thread after nonsensical thread. Mostly by the same handful of polsters....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

I think Griffin is correct...or put another way as J Allen (ours) said, they wanted it more and that certainly seemed to me to be true.

Watch the reactions of the Jags on the sidelines when they made a good play, they were enthusiastic, jumping up and down, most were standing up. Meanwhile the Bills sideline for most of the game was quiet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BeefCurtns said:

I thought this yesterday. Something is up. The Bills were absolutely bereft of competitive Fire yesterday. I haven’t seen that kind of mailing it in in sometime. Has to be a reason. Someone’s pissed at someone. They absolutely stunk yesterday on offense. Something is most definitely wrong.

I think this as well.  There's something we don't know.  The OL doesn't care if Allen gets killed or not, and don't appear to want to break a sweat either way

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean that was brilliant play by the Jags. Bills didn't want a tough game yesterday, they wanted an easy game where their inferior opponent rolled over for them the way the Texans did.

Absolutely. If you can get in a superior opponent’s head that’s a huge win in and of itself.  

Just now, BeefCurtns said:

Reminded me of some of the Sabres games in their second year after the lockout. The first year they came out of nowhere to be one of the best teams in the league, losing in the ECF to Carolina in game 7.

The next year, it's like they knew they were so good that they didn't think they had to try to win and their effort was mailed in often times...they still won a ton of games but you could just tell something was "off" with them.

I am hoping this isn't what is happening with the Bills but it looks like it from the outside. I hope they don't suffer the same fate as that Sabre's team because they will be going home early in the playoffs this year.

Josh Allen should have been ripping the SHYT out of the OLINE and told Diggs to fall back on this one. 

He needs to go Tom Brady at times on the offense 

Hopefully they won't take no other team for granted 

GO BILLS! 

We still win the SUPERBOWL this year!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Our OL didn't care. That was obvious. Send a message today. Cut Ford and fire Bobby Johnson.  This OL could care less about protecting Josh.

Maybe not Johnson but get Ford out of here. Guy doesn't deserve a practice squad spot let alone a starting role. We got rid of Zay Jones quick, we can get rid of Ford too. 

6 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

Josh Allen should have been ripping the SHYT out of the OLINE and told Diggs to fall back on this one. 

He needs to go Tom Brady at times on the offense 

Hopefully they won't take no other team for granted 

GO BILLS! 

We still win the SUPERBOWL this year!!!

A story speculated that Allen had been crying in the locker room prior to his presser...said he was red-faced and his voice was hoarse.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I gotta pin some of the "not ready to play" on McDermott and the team leaders.  We better not see that again.  Every game should be taken very seriously.  It's all fun and cute when the guys are horsing around in practice, dancing, and doing their instagram nonsense and fluff pieces on Bills video. 

That should be over now. This was a spanking and it's time to play up to their potential and find an identity.

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

I agree with your comment except what I bolded.

The team was totally flat and lacked emotion but I dont think there is "something up" or "someone's pissed.  It is a simple case of overconfidence and that is largely on McDermott.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

No, I think he's just being honest. I don't get that he's gloating out of that comment

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

That kids wants to win at all cost.  

Remember when House Ballard whiffed on a block and after getting up off the carpet, Jim Kelly grabbed him by the face mask, pulled his head down to his level, and raged at him, in front of God and Everyone?

good times, man

• Like (+1) 1

The truth is everyone saw this as an after-thought, not just the team.  Without criticizing anyone else, I'll own up to my part.  I sat there calmly watching through the 3rd quarter.  The only thing I got upset about was the penalties and that they wouldn't cover the spread, but really I expected they would win in the end. It wasn't until 5 min to go that I realized they might lose.  During Chiefs and Titans games I was on edge stressing over each play from the beginning...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, damj said:

No, I think he's just being honest. I don't get that he's gloating out of that comment

It really is a 100% honest read of what happened.  The Jags played with heart, the Bills played like a team who would prefer to avoid the playoffs.  Not sure why, is it coaching, a toxic mix of players, some other factor?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, cage said:

The truth is everyone saw this as an after-thought, not just the team.  Without criticizing anyone else, I'll own up to my part.  I sat there calmly watching through the 3rd quarter.  The only thing I got upset about was the penalties and that they wouldn't cover the spread, but really I expected they would win in the end. It wasn't until 5 min to go that I realized they might lose.  During Chiefs and Titans games I was on edge stressing over each play from the beginning...

Think back to the posts on this message board, even a poll at what point Trubisky was going to get into the game.  I think the "winning" choice was the entire fourth quarter.

37 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Jags got lit up by Geno Smith the Bills just disgraced their franchise with the way the played yesterday 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

It really is a 100% honest read of what happened.  The Jags played with heart, the Bills played like a team who would prefer to avoid the playoffs.  Not sure why, is it coaching, a toxic mix of players, some other factor?

I think it's complacency. They need to play harder with more effort for 60 minutes. D did it ... the offense needs to realize that their shot DOES stink and they have to play a whole lot better

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There’s only one logical move to be made for this team that seems to be having a culture/motivation problem at the moment…

Sign Odell Beckham

You joke but the cancer is already in the locker room  Not saying OBJ would make things better but what we saw yesterday, and even last week, is a team that is a team in name only, a bunch of  guys in business for themselves

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

You joke but the cancer is already in the locker room  Not saying OBJ would make things better but what we saw yesterday, and even last week, is a team that is a team in name only, a bunch of  guys in business for themselves

I was definitely only half joking.  

Im open to anything right now… Pretty limited in moves we can make post trade deadline. 

What I saw from Davis yesterday didn’t scream “we’re good at WR”.   When our OL is such a mess, we can’t have strengths of the team not being actual strengths.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.