Why do we keep mentioning the RBs? You think King Henry can run behind this line?

Ramza86

12 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Give me a break guys.

All of our offensive woes stem from the offensive line not being able to do their jobs.

Put Singletary/Moss behind the Colts or Titans line they are gettin 1k easy.

Do I think King Henry could ... Yeah, a lot better than the current guys. And that's not saying anything bad about Singletary or Moss.

And no, it's not "all of our offensive woes." And it's hard to blame the OL when our #6 and #7 players were out there and Williams was playing out of position. But yeah, they weren't good.

And yeah it had a major impact. As did Allen not playing well.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The whole “we need a dynamic RB” cry is annoying as *****…. Unfortunately a lot of fans don’t watch the rest of the league where UDFAs are being signed off the street and putting up 100 yard games…. Not suggesting Moss/Motor are good backs and don’t contribute at least a little to the ground game woes…. but anyone who can’t see the blocking upfront being the main reason for the lack of run game or offensive production in general yesterday doesn’t have a clue what they are watching IMO.

Yes, fair enough. It would be great to get an upgrade, but it's not like teams can't play well on offense with guys like Singletary and Moss if used right and in the right situation.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The whole “we need a dynamic RB” cry is annoying as *****…. Unfortunately a lot of fans don’t watch the rest of the league where UDFAs are being signed off the street and putting up 100 yard games…. Not suggesting Moss/Motor are good backs and don’t contribute at least a little to the ground game woes…. but anyone who can’t see the blocking upfront being the main reason for the lack of run game or offensive production in general yesterday doesn’t have a clue what they are watching IMO.

I'm not saying I believe it because I'm seeing the same thing you do,

I've read it in another thread about why we don't run it to the outside.. that our backs aren't fast enough to get there in time boggles my mind if true. I don't understand how you have a place in the league if your skillset limits the handful of runs available in a playbook to just up the gut. 

Wanted someone with a stronger to opinion to make sense of that. I don't think any NFL RB could possibly be THAT slow IMO

Can Henry run behind this line?  Yes he could.  And you better believe opposing D would respect that.  No one in the NFL is scared of Singletary and Moss

Josh thinks he has to do everything.  A stud RB would take pressure off Josh.  It would set up play action.  If Josh, under pressure, could dump to RB, who could take it 90 yards to house- well that not an option with our RB.  Get us capable RBs Beane.

And build up interior Oline!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

I'm not saying I believe it because I'm seeing the same thing you do,

I've read it in another thread about why we don't run it to the outside.. that our backs aren't fast enough to get there in time boggles my mind if true. I don't understand how you have a place in the league if your skillset limits the handful of runs available in a playbook to just up the gut. 

Wanted someone with a stronger to opinion to make sense of that. I don't think any NFL RB could possibly be THAT slow IMO

What folks are missing on the running outside issues and screens is that our WRs don't block well. They just don't.

Yes Henry could run (better) behind this line. That’s because he’s the best RB on the planet. But clearly even he would not be nearly as good behind our line. But you don’t need a Henry to have an adequate run game. Franchise backs, being RBs around whom you might choose to build your offence are rarer than franchise QBs. Henry and Chubb?

Motor was the centrepiece of his college O. He got like 50% of the snaps. And if you check the tape you will see that he got good support from his line. He’s probably also a guy who needs lots of carries to get going, touches he will never see at this level and on this O. 
Moss is a tough runner with soft hands. These guys aren’t great but they are good enuf to set up your passing game. The problem is the line. It is trash.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its a one or the other thing.   If you have a good offensive line you dont need a dynamic running back.  If you have a dynamic running back you probably dont need a great offensive line.  But to run the ball, you need one or the other, and right now the Bills dont have either.    

The most rational post to this thread

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Give me a break guys.

All of our offensive woes stem from the offensive line not being able to do their jobs.

Put Singletary/Moss behind the Colts or Titans line they are gettin 1k easy.

Moss and DS are actually great at breaking the deluge of attempted tackles when they are hit 3 yards behind the LOS every time. 

We can’t run to the outside because both Moss/Singletary lack speed.  

We can’t run through the interior, because our guard play is bad - especially the depth.  

Even our solid Center is solid in pass pro.. we didn’t sign Morse for his run blocking.  

Pretty obvious to see that where the problems in our running game lie. 

Just now, SCBills said:

We can’t run to the outside because both Moss/Singletary lack speed.  

We can’t run through the interior, because our guard play is bad - especially the depth.  

Even our solid Center is solid in pass pro.. we didn’t sign Morse for his run blocking.  

Pretty obvious to see that where the problems in our running game lie. 

The outside struggles are usually on the backside - so the guards and tackles (williams especially) are killing us there too.  

They need to get moving more - drilling the LBs at the 2nd level and getting the WRs more involved in the run game.  Motioning can be used A - as eye candy, and B- as an extra blocker to the non-play side.  If mckenzie is running at speed he can put a hit on a DE and take them out of the play - freeing the tackle on that side to pull or at least get to the 2nd level.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Do I think King Henry could ... Yeah, a lot better than the current guys. And that's not saying anything bad about Singletary or Moss.

And no, it's not "all of our offensive woes." And it's hard to blame the OL when our #6 and #7 players were out there and Williams was playing out of position. But yeah, they weren't good.

And yeah it had a major impact. As did Allen not playing well.

Yes, fair enough. It would be great to get an upgrade, but it's not like teams can't play well on offense with guys like Singletary and Moss if used right and in the right situation.

Playing backups isn't ideal, but our best 5 OL cannot get any push in the run game or pick up 1 yard in short yardage situations.  Its a concerning state of affairs.  

• Like (+1) 1

King Henry would be better behind  this line than our current guys.   But, no, he wouldn't be a star chewing up huge chunks of gridiron real estate.

The run blocking has been poor most of the season.  It wasn't good last year either so I'm not surprised.  

21 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

I don't know...Fred Jackson was able to run behind some God awful O-lines here. Although Wood > Morse at center.  Perhaps that's where some of the problem lies other than the glaring one at Guard?

True...   but Fred was better than these guys.  And Gailey was better at scheming run plays than Daboll.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.