Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

Hopefully we will actually try to run to the outside tomorrow. When was the last time we ran a pitch play or a sweep with lead blockers? Other then Josh Allen’s designed runs, our run plays are so terribly unimaginative. That’s a big of issue as anything. If Dabol is so smart, scheme up some run plays. Handing it up the gut out of empty can be thrown into the trash. The guy has no interest in running the ball. That’s painfully obvious by watching the run play design. Hopefully McDermott got in his ass about it this week and told him to run wether he wants to or not. 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont disagree with RB's getting in a rhythm. What drives me nuts is there has been several games this year where we ran the ball early and Devin was getting good chunks, then next drive gets subbed out for Zach. Why? I can understand the short yardage plays (which I dont think Moss has been very good at this year), but they will just switch RB's after a drive even if they are doing well, thats dumb IMO.

I think that just as McDermott believes strongly and fundamentally in an DL rotation, he believes strongly and fundamentally in an RB rotation.

Whether that's mistaken or wise, can't tell ya but you asked "why?" and that's what I got.  Source, stuff McDermott has said in interviews over the years.

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

I saw a thread about an article where we shouldnt blame Daboll... the fact we had 9 RB runs in a 6-9 game is completely on Daboll and is inexcusable. Especially when Allen was getting hammered all game.

Yeah, I think the idea of that thread was to say "the blame is not ENTIRELY Dabolls" but 1) I really didn't hear anyone here taking that position 2) look, he gets his share.

Call a run or call a pass. How do you expect the OL to block if they don't know if it is a run or a pass? This needs to be communicated in the huddle before the play and it is obvious that Josh is still trying to decide after the ball is hiked. Those RPOs are getting exposed.

3 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont disagree with RB's getting in a rhythm. What drives me nuts is there has been several games this year where we ran the ball early and Devin was getting good chunks, then next drive gets subbed out for Zach. Why? I can understand the short yardage plays (which I dont think Moss has been very good at this year), but they will just switch RB's after a drive even if they are doing well, thats dumb IMO.

I saw a thread about an article where we shouldnt blame Daboll... the fact we had 9 RB runs in a 6-9 game is completely on Daboll and is inexcusable. Especially when Allen was getting hammered all game.

And we’re is McDermott? He can’t call up to Daboll or at half time and say hey let’s run more. It’s like both are so stubborn 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't want to just use your post to make my point I've been wanting to make so take it for what it is worth.

Statistics are a very strange beast.  I will comment on the "Singletary has a better YPC than ........................" statistic.

Devin Singletary to date has a 4.9 YPC stat.

Darek Henry has a 4.3 YPC stat this year with a 4.9 YPC stat for his entire career.

If anyone want to say that Devin Singletary is as good of running back as Darek Henry because of a statistical number you need to

re-evaluate how you watch football.

I’m not brain dead I understand ypc isn’t the be all end all. I watch every snap of every game and Singletary imo has overall gotten more consistent yardage and looks better to me. I don’t see speed or explosion for Moss, and he has been stopped pretty constantly on those 3rd/4th and short runs. I know the OLine is a huge reason for that too.

the one thing I’ll give Moss over Singletary is he looks more natural catching the ball 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I’m not brain dead I understand ypc isn’t the be all end all. I watch every snap of every game and Singletary imo has overall gotten more consistent yardage and looks better to me. I don’t see speed or explosion for Moss, and he has been stopped pretty constantly on those 3rd/4th and short runs. I know the OLine is a huge reason for that too.

the one thing I’ll give Moss over Singletary is he looks more natural catching the ball 

Moss is also a better in pass protection , but overall both of them are just average at best 

21 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Moss leads the league in broken tackles per rush att (tied with Javonte Williams). He breaks a tackle every 5.9 runs. Singletary breaks a tackle every 24.3 runs.

I know a lot of people don't think much of PFF. For whatever it's worth, they are not too impressed with either of them. They have Moss rated 35th out 64 qualified backs and Singletary 59th.  

39 minutes ago, Putin said:

Moss is also a better in pass protection , but overall both of them are just average at best 

At the end of year last year, Moss was rated as the best pass protecting running back in the NFL. Singletary want bad either. They are definitely not average.

Didn’t know where to put this, so I’ll plop it down right here.

this season has been disappointing. Sad face.  2019 our D was legit and the O was meh.  2020 our offense had us spoiled but our D sucked. Now that our D is top 5, our offense is running into some problems.  Literally.  Our RBs are running into our OL that is getting wrecked. 

I knew our OL sucked and Beane didn’t.  Love the guy, but it really looks like he ****** up this offseason with regards to protecting our football lord and savior 17.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Didn’t know where to put this, so I’ll plop it down right here.

this season has been disappointing. Sad face.  2019 our D was legit and the O was meh.  2020 our offense had us spoiled but our D sucked. Now that our D is top 5, our offense is running into some problems.  Literally.  Our RBs are running into our OL that is getting wrecked. 

I knew our OL sucked and Beane didn’t.  Love the guy, but it really looks like he ****** up this offseason with regards to protecting our football lord and savior 17.

I don’t think there’s much we could’ve done this particular season…maybe drafting another OL instead of basham. I’m sure he knows more than us about the integrity of the oline lol a lot of guys horribly regressed from just last season…some of it could be Dawkins recovering from Covid 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think there’s much we could’ve done this particular season…maybe drafting another OL instead of basham. I’m sure he knows more than us about the integrity of the oline lol a lot of guys horribly regressed from just last season…some of it could be Dawkins recovering from Covid 

That's a definite, not a maybe. We'd be in a different place if we had just drafted Humphrey when everyone except Beane wanted to.

Screw all the people who say fans don't know better than the GM or coaches. Sometimes, collectively, we do. Sometimes you (Beane) can get so close to something that you can't see the forest for the trees.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Moss leads the league in broken tackles per rush att (tied with Javonte Williams). He breaks a tackle every 5.9 runs. Singletary breaks a tackle every 24.3 runs.

I know a lot of people don't think much of PFF. For whatever it's worth, they are not too impressed with either of them. They have Moss rated 35th out 64 qualified backs and Singletary 59th.  

59th for Singletary sounds about right. You stick 2 lousy running backs behind our pathetic OL, you're going to be in a world of hurt.  And for those that think SUPERJosh can just run or pass on every down, your delusion is not sustainable. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.