11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

6 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Hard to do when most of the pressures are coming from 4 man rushes.... lots of defenders sitting in zones

I get it.  It's hard to complete passes but it's not hard to fall forward and make it 2nd and 9 rather than running backwards and your oline gets a hold or you get hit from behind and fumble  or you get sacked and it's 2nd and 16.  Just hit your drop, pat the ball once maybe twice and then fall forward for a small game or run as far as you can without getting hit.  Teams will play lamar jackson honest in pass coverage because he'll run on them any and every down.

Edited by Maine-iac

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

They have been doing it for weeks. It is designed and not fooling anyone. 

But do you blame him for dumping it off today, other games i can understand you're frustration but today he plain and simply got killed. Like I said before I'm surprised he even got up after a few of those hits they were lighting him up.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

A portion of blame, but not a huge chunk. He lost his head with no protection but I think most QBs would have done behind that mess.

A Huge Chunk. Two Fumbles. 2 picks. Missing open WRs. Sorry that isn’t a MVP or franchise play from a 1/4 Billion man. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'm excited to hear his pff score after this game. Absolute miracle he had 1 holding call, he was holding all day. A 2nd rounder looking like he might not be practice squad material.

I wonder at what point we start asking about our O line coaching, I think the entire line has pff personal rankings of below average, teller struggled then leaves becomes an all pro immediately, and they keep keep ford and shove him down our throats. Morse was considered top 5 at cheifs, comes to bills and has been average. Many red flags starting to pile up, gotta be a common denominator.

Ford would have to be in the vicinity of the pass rusher in order to hold someone. He and Dawkins are the Kings of the look-out block

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

I get it.  It's hard to complete passes but it's not hard to fall forward and make it 2nd and 9 rather than running backwards and your oline gets a hold or you get hit from behind and fumble  or you get sacked and it's 2nd and 16.  Just hit your drop, pat the ball once maybe twice and then fall forward for a small game or run as far as you can without getting hit.  Teams will play lamar jackson honest in pass coverage because he'll run on them any and every down.

If you are hitting a three step drop and then falling forward (into the free rushers running up the middle) you are still taking losses. You'd rather him just lose 2 yards each play and then punt? Bills should have been sacked 20 times this game if this is how we played 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

A Huge Chunk. Two Fumbles. 2 picks. Missing open WRs. Sorry that isn’t a MVP or franchise play from a 1/4 Billion man. 

Alright, back to Tyrod/nameless journeyman No. 341859 because Josh had an off game. Whatever helps you confirm your priors. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

As bad as we played, we still win that game easily if the refs know what a false start is and what unsportsmanlike conduct isn't. 

Their right tackle was up early at least 5 times.  And on the 4th and 2, they were Offside, and somehow Boettger got the flag.  Instead of 1st and 10 at the 37, we punt from the 47.  

The officials officially sucked.  The fix was in.

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

On the post-game show cower said Josh is doing too much. Josh needs to be reigned back in.

Daboll needs to sit down down with Josh and have Josh do less and get back to basics

Daboll needs to sit down with entire offense and figure out how to run the damn ball to take some pressure off it.... or call a quick slant... or maybe designed bootleg instead of doing the same drop back over and over with Josh facing pressure for all angles

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This performance was completely unacceptable and should have everyone reevaluating the longterm prospects of this regime. Looking for examples of other Super Bowl-winning regimes who lost a game in a spot like this...

You win in the trenches. Unfortunately our offensive trench is full of dead bodies.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.