Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

So by rule he would be put on the waiver wire. What's to stop the Lions from claiming him? If Beckham was disgruntled in Cleveland will be happier on the teams with the highest waiver priority? I just don't understand what he is hoping for.

A player with 4 or less years is placed on the Waiver Wire and the Waiver order has to be followed. Players with more than 4 years are released and able to sign with anyone. 

• Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So by rule he would be put on the waiver wire. What's to stop the Lions from claiming him? If Beckham was disgruntled in Cleveland will be happier on the teams with the highest waiver priority? I just don't understand what he is hoping for.

I doubt the Lions, or anyone else for that matter, want to pick up his current contract.

4 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

A player with 4 or less years is placed on the Waiver Wire and the Waiver order has to be followed. Players with more than 4 years are released and able to sign with anyone. 

After the trade deadline all players are subject to the waiver wire.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I doubt anyone puts a claim in for him on Waivers. They'd have to pick up his hefty contract and unless it's a team he wants to go to - good chance he pulls a Dri Archer and doesn't report. I'd bet his agent is putting that out there.

My guess is he goes to New Orleans or Las Vegas. New Orleans was trying to swing a trade for him at the deadline (boy does Cleveland look dumb for not pulling the trigger on that now), they have a big hole since Michael Thomas is out for the year, and is New Orleans, LA. Las Vegas didn't have a great WR core before the Henry Ruggs tragedy happened, is a contender this year, and is Las Vegas, NV.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Considering Brandon Beane's emphasis on character, our cap space, and our depth chart at WR - I don't get how we're so high on this list....

Diggs was said to have character problems and Diggs even admitted some of it. OBJ would be a great addition for a small price. I wouldn't have traded for him, but as a free agent sure. He's still getting open.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Considering Brandon Beane's emphasis on character, our cap space, and our depth chart at WR - I don't get how we're so high on this list....

How are the Chiefs not on there?  They were so desperate they brought Josh Gordon in.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If someone claims him off waivers they claim his contract also.

He and his father posted videos that show him wide open and Baker Mayfield refuses to throw to him. Basically why he is disgruntled.

The thing is... the Browns use a timing scheme where a receiver needs to be at a certain spot on the field at a particular time...and Beckham never is. Meanwhile blaming the QB for not getting him the ball more often. 

Stevie Johnson anyone?

No thanks...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs was said to have character problems and Diggs even admitted some of it. OBJ would be a great addition for a small price. I wouldn't have traded for him, but as a free agent sure. He's still getting open.

Diggs wasn’t a problem but for a short period.  Beckham has been a problem almost constantly.  

He doesn’t see how the browns will take him to the promised land, so he manufactured his release.  Browns and him are altering his contract to give the browns relief when released.  Does that mean it will be backloaded and continues to be a tough contract for someone to grab him on waivers?  If he does become a UFA, I see him looking at a team that has the chance to go all the way.  Rams, tb?.  

Don’t see him as a fit for the Bills.  Would rather not have him and his issues on this team.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

WR isn’t the answer for the offensive problems.  

Exactly!

The Bills have enough talent at the WR position and certainly don't need a head case disrupting the locker room. Even his teammates slam him.  

“(Beckham) does nothing. He talks to no one. He just has a malcontent attitude.”

https://www.brownsnation.com/anonymous-browns-player-rips-odell-beckham-jr/

Watch the videos in that link.

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.