Tricks and Treats: Halloween Phins at Bills, Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I hated the play calling in the first half. I missed the second half, did it get any better?

Yea seemed like a lot more underneath routes / screen (attempts) lol still took some josh Allen magic to get the ball into the end zone though he had a huge scramble for a third down conversion where any other human would’ve gotten sacked and he got absolutely hammered on a deep post to diggs for a td

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

I was wrong to speculate that Tua might break out in this game, but for most of it he played well enough keep the outcome in doubt.

No he did not. The Bills choked away an entire half of football and he couldn't do anything with that gift. He did what he has done all year - throw mostly accurately to his 1st read when kept clean. When push comes to shove he cannot rise above the play call or consistently push the ball down field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Bengals lost to the Jets.  Weird stuff happens.  We’ve beaten the Dolphins by an average of 20 points per game in the last 3 years.  We can’t destroy them every time.

But….the pass rush and interior offensive line are making me nervous.

I think there is a real chance we split with the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We are not in position to root for the Cheatriots.  I won’t say never, but this ain’t that

Ya I agree.

I think it's way too early in the season to go for them.

The bills have a long way to win the division and that should be the first priority.

Edited by BillsFan130

22 minutes ago, Process said:

I could care less about the score or margin of victory. A W is a W.

But the fact the Daboll didn't make any adjustments over the bye and continues to hold this offense back with unbelievably horrendous play calling is a big concern. 

Hopefully Allen continues to bail him out because we need another team to hire him this off-season.

Kind of hard to tell when the interior pressure was crushing us…you’re not supposed to win games like that and we’re winning them by 2 scores this year. You can game plan til the cows come home but a lot of the game comes down to your big guys up front winning and somehow we have an absolute freak at qb that can mask a lot of that 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Flores was late getting to the pedestal for his presser and said he was just sitting there. Taking this loss tough.

That team gave their all in that game to not lose their 7th in a row this season and to  Buffalo overall. 

No concerns. The offense got it done from mid 3rd to end of game and the defense hung in there tough all game and made some plays. 

Another amped up team leaves disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I said the Dolphins would play us hard.

I was a bit shocked by how poorly our D played at the start of the game.  I thought they played as though they’d been reading their own press clippings.

Discuss!

Yeah they allowed a whole 3 points in only a single half lol.  Would it have been too much to ask to shut them out again?

The afterglow:

1. Not at all what we were expecting, but heck, I'll take it.  5-2 looks pretty good at this juncture.

2. When it mattered, the Offense got it going.  Give Miami partial credit.  They were playing for pride.

3. DeVante Parker has always been a problem for this team.

4. Beasley is a warrior.

5. Someone explain to me why they thought running the ball was going to be a good idea with three of the five OLINE positions shuffled.

6. Sweeny got game

7. I really thought Allen got hurt when he just fell down late in the game out of the play.

8. Glad to have the Phins off the schedule.  They are not as bad as their record.

9. The Defense rose to the occasion today.  Oliver was very noticeable.

10. What's that make Buffalo, something like +17 in turnover margin??

11.  Josh wildly throwing the ball around today on at least three different plays was concerning.

12.  Buffalo gifted three plays by Miami today: missed FG, Tua INT and late first half fumble in the red zone.

Edited by wjag
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

12.  Buffalo gifted three plays by Miami today: missed FG, Tua INT and late first half fumble in the red zone.

If you want to discount the refs gifting them a no call for encroachment to deny us points going into the half (cost me money on props bets), and a TD from a no call on a hands to the face that took Hughes' helmet off (supposedly there was also OPI?).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

If you want to discount the refs gifting them a no call for encroachment to deny us points going into the half (cost me money on props bets), and a TD from a no call on a hands to the face that took Hughes' helmet off (supposedly there was also OPI?).

I remember the helmet coming off.  I could not tell which team it was as they really never showed it again.  Surprised there was no call on that play.  Helmets coming off are pretty rare and pretty obvious hands to the face..

Just now, wjag said:

I remember the helmet coming off.  I could not tell which team it was as they really never showed it again.  Surprised there was no call on that play.  Helmets coming off are pretty rare and pretty obvious hands to the face..

I saw the broadcasted replay and sure enough hand comes up and POP goes the helmet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.