Rex Ryan blasts the Jets coaching staff

Greg S

That game bugged me, because the scope of the victory had most Patriots fans thinking "we figured it out!  Look out league!"

The Jets just folded. They put up no resistance whatsoever.  It was embarrassing, and I have to admit, I expected more out of Saleh - I get that it's a young team dealing w/ injuries, but it's ridiculous to just not show up like that.

46 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Rex Ryan Has Brutally Honest Message For Jets Coaches

It’s been 11 years since the New York Jets made the playoffs under then head coach Rex Ryan. And if they keep playing the way they played against the New England Patriots yesterday, it’s going to be a lot more years before they return.

On Monday’s edition of ESPN’s Get Up, Ryan – now an NFL analyst – ripped the Jets coaches for the job they’re doing. He called it the “worst coaching performance” he’s seen by anyone in years.

Ryan admonished the Jets for letting Patriots rookie Mac Jones torch them in their 54-13 loss to New England. He also criticized the Jets for failing to defend a single screen pass all game.

“Worst coaching performance I’ve seen in years,” Ryan said.” “I mean, how in the hell can you be coming off a bye and give up 54 points to the Patriots? We always laugh about how I gave up all the — no. I would have had to play them twice, with Tom Brady on the other sideline. So, to me, this was a joke. You had a rookie quarterback on the other sideline, torched you. By the way, do you understand what a screen pass is? I don’t know if you do, New York Jets, because you certainly couldn’t defend them. It makes the quarterback look like, ‘Hey, what a wasted pick he is.’ Give me a break. Give me a break. He’s got no chance right there.”

There’s no denying that it’s been a brutal start to the tenure of New York Jets head coach Robert Saleh. They’re 1-5 with the worst offense in the league – by a wide margin – thanks in part to an offense that hasn’t scored a single point in the first quarter through six games.

All of the energy and culture change that Saleh promised when he was hired is non-existent. His “All Gas No Brake” mantra has become a joke among Jets fans.

Since firing Rex Ryan in 2014, the Jets have gone through several head coaches and starting quarterbacks. None of them have worked out and each one has seemingly been worse than the last.

Saleh needs to show some tangible progress over the next 11 weeks, or his tenure in New York is going to be very short.

Apparently he never looked in the mirror all the years in Buffalo.  Then again not likely a mirror wide enough to be able to see both him and brother Rob in it.

I will say, i is funny how all the gushing over Robert Saleh last year has gone up in smoke.   Like in 2017 when Bills hired McD, was graded as one of the worst hires that year.  Many stories all liked Anthony Lynn and Vance Joseph better and even better yet in 2019 gave Freddie Kitchens and Adam Gase good grades for the hires.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This would mean so much more if anyone on the entire planet gave a sh-t about what Rex Ryan had to say…

TBF he's pretty entertaining on gameday or whatever.  Shouldnt ever sniff a sideline again but do enjoy his hot takes

Can't expect Saleh to come in and fix the dumpster fire that is the Jets in less than a season. Give him a couple years.

We all knew the Jets would be bad this year. I'm sure Saleh knew they would be bad too.

• Like (+1) 1

People can blast Rex all they want about his time here, I think he wanted to show the Jets up more than he really wanted to be Buffalo's head coach.   However, his career in coaching is better than Belichick's without Brady.  Ryan's ego is the problem, not his football knowledge.   He may be a loudmouth, but he isnt wrong here.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Can't expect Saleh to come in and fix the dumpster fire that is the Jets in less than a season. Give him a couple years.

We all knew the Jets would be bad this year. I'm sure Saleh knew they would be bad too.

It’s not that you are not possibly right, it’s that Saleh, needs to fix ownership at the same time, and that’s a huge ask right there…,

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Rex Ryan Has Brutally Honest Message For Jets Coaches

It’s been 11 years since the New York Jets made the playoffs under then head coach Rex Ryan. And if they keep playing the way they played against the New England Patriots yesterday, it’s going to be a lot more years before they return.

On Monday’s edition of ESPN’s Get Up, Ryan – now an NFL analyst – ripped the Jets coaches for the job they’re doing. He called it the “worst coaching performance” he’s seen by anyone in years.

Ryan admonished the Jets for letting Patriots rookie Mac Jones torch them in their 54-13 loss to New England. He also criticized the Jets for failing to defend a single screen pass all game.

“Worst coaching performance I’ve seen in years,” Ryan said.” “I mean, how in the hell can you be coming off a bye and give up 54 points to the Patriots? We always laugh about how I gave up all the — no. I would have had to play them twice, with Tom Brady on the other sideline. So, to me, this was a joke. You had a rookie quarterback on the other sideline, torched you. By the way, do you understand what a screen pass is? I don’t know if you do, New York Jets, because you certainly couldn’t defend them. It makes the quarterback look like, ‘Hey, what a wasted pick he is.’ Give me a break. Give me a break. He’s got no chance right there.”

There’s no denying that it’s been a brutal start to the tenure of New York Jets head coach Robert Saleh. They’re 1-5 with the worst offense in the league – by a wide margin – thanks in part to an offense that hasn’t scored a single point in the first quarter through six games.

All of the energy and culture change that Saleh promised when he was hired is non-existent. His “All Gas No Brake” mantra has become a joke among Jets fans.

Since firing Rex Ryan in 2014, the Jets have gone through several head coaches and starting quarterbacks. None of them have worked out and each one has seemingly been worse than the last.

Saleh needs to show some tangible progress over the next 11 weeks, or his tenure in New York is going to be very short.

Wrecks Ryan is a bitter, bitter man. The fact that he continues to get air time shows how low ESPN has sunk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.