Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

For me? I don't have skin in the game. Also didn't hear about Murray's injury. I don't think any QB who misses time has a chance, unless all the one's at the top miss some time, which is unlikely.

I think wins, passing TD's and TD:INT all rank pretty high to those voting for what is essentially the best QB stats award. Henry has no chance.

I think it’s more how important the player is to that team…if josh keeps hurdling guys to pick up huge first downs and making ridiculous highlight plays it doesn’t matter as much if someone like Stafford or Brady has 4 or 5 more tds than him. To me he deserved to be 2nd last year and I’m sure he was 4th or 5th in total TDs but I’ll have to check. I think Murray was probably ahead of him before this week. Oh yea I def wouldn’t argue it’s a qb only award these days but it’s not really a ‘stats’ award.

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think it’s more how important the player is to that team…if josh keeps hurdling guys to pick up huge first downs and making ridiculous highlight plays it doesn’t matter as much if someone like Stafford or Brady has 4 or 5 more tds than him. To me he deserved to be 2nd last year and I’m sure he was 4th or 5th in total TDs but I’ll have to check. I think Murray was probably ahead of him before this week. Oh yea I def wouldn’t argue it’s a qb only award these days but it’s not really a ‘stats’ award.

Honestly, it does usually come down to wins and stats.

20 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think the romantic notion of the award is what you describe, not sure about the reality. IIRC Allen had 43 total TD's last season with 37 passing, Rodgers had 45 passing TD's I think. And I believe Rodgers' TD:INT was much better.

Oh yea rodgers deserved it for more than just stats alone… looks like Allen might have been second in total tds hm I thought there were a few more people in between. Even so I feel like there’s gotta be some reason Vegas likes him more than some other guys with ‘better’ stats right now for mvp.  Not that they are the ones to decid. Maybe they are just projecting who will have the best stats at the end. 

8 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

It's not supposed to be, but that's usually what it is.

Kind of a shame if that’s what it gets reduced to because josh has really always been a ‘stats don’t tell the whole story’ kind of guy. Brady isn’t evading quick pressure when 3 linemen whiff on blocks and throwing an absolute strike on the run but it counts the same as a well protected pass on the stat sheet lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

9 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

He's not doing what he did last year, also there are more QB's doing more than him this year as opposed to last. He will need to go crazy as the season closes to win it. The Bills O-line probably isn't up to the task for this to happen.

Let me tell you something MEAN GENE…

Josh is on pace for over 5400 total yards and 48 total TDs. That’s pretty much spot on to what he did last year, even adjusting for the extra game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh Allen is in the MVP talk. However, we have ways to go. Wait until the regular season is over. If Josh rushed in 5 touchdowns all of a sudden within the next 3 games, look out.

Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Derrick Henry all have compelling arguments thus far. WR Cooper Kupp is having a helluva season right now, but he's not winning the MVP award so I'll cross him out.

Over the last few days we've had 2 of the biggest MVP candidates talked about in this thread essentially exit the conversation.

Kyler Murray has an ankle injury that's going to keep him out 1-3 weeks. Still possible for him, but I don't even think he would be a favorite over Allen pre-injury.

Henry--unfortunately for all real football fans--is done for weeks and potentially the season. Such a shame.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Take Henry out.

I know, more of a reflection of what he accomplished. Just sad. 

Btw - there's a part of me that wants to stick Milano on this list. Haven't paid enough to defensive stuff across the league, but he should be on the Defensive MVP list, though I think that's just gonna be Diggs because of the splash plays. Milano has been phenomenal - and wouldn't surprise me if sometime next year his agent pokes around a better contract thats reflective of him being one of the very best defensive players in the league

Edited by appoo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.