Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

On 11/2/2021 at 5:28 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Well... they have the same record, the same number of TDs, the same number of turnovers, but Allen has more yards.

On top of that Stafford is throwing to another MVP candidate in Kupp, while Allen is not.  That probably hurts Stafford the slightest bit... unless he loses Kupp for a game or 2 and does what Rodgers just did without Adams.

So... Allen  :beer:

I hope Stafford wins it and we draw the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Guaranteed W.

The MVP winner hasn’t won the Super Bowl since 1999. MVP’s are 0-8 in the Super Bowl since then.

Love those odds.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Really interesting and thorough interview with Cossell. He starts talking about the Jags but then moves into a discussion about Josh for a good bit.

He emphasizes that not only does he believe that Josh is the most physically gifted QB in the NFL, he actually thinks Josh is becoming the best QB in the NFL.  And he points to last weekend's game against Miami as an example of one of Josh's best games according to the film.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Really interesting and thorough interview with Cossell. He starts talking about the Jags but then moves into a discussion about Josh for a good bit.

He emphasizes that not only does he believe that Josh is the most physically gifted QB in the NFL, he actually thinks Josh is becoming the best QB in the NFL.  And he points to last weekend's game against Miami as an example of one of Josh's best games according to the film.

gotta say this thread of yours is looking more prescient by the week. I didn’t necessarily agree at first with you, but it appears Vegas now does and I don’t see why Allen wouldn’t be the frontrunner at this point. Excellent work.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Good article about Allen's development this season from Cosell here:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/josh-allen-may-be-on-his-way/

• Thank you (+1) 3

On 11/3/2021 at 5:54 PM, FireChans said:

I hope Stafford wins it and we draw the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Guaranteed W.

The MVP winner hasn’t won the Super Bowl since 1999. MVP’s are 0-8 in the Super Bowl since then.

Love those odds.

Josh will break that streak. NFL MVP and SB winning MVP 

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

So the Jags game should knock Allen out of the MVP race. 2 INT and a lost fumble, 0TD's.

Yep...

For sure. It's still a long season though. This year has been so bizarre. I'd say Stafford should be the favorite and i doubt he relinquishes the lead going forward. But the way the season has gone who knows. Seems every QB has had a massively disappointing game so far expect for Stafford maybe.

So who is the MVP favorite right now? Henry is out for the season. Stafford just singlehandedly lost a game. Murray sat out with an injury and his team still blew out a division rival. Dak played terrible today in a loss. Brady's last game ended on a game sealing pick. I guess going off of recency bias the MVP right now is Lamar Jackson.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to MVP race stalls in Jax for Josh: 65.5% comp %, 20 TDs, 7 TOs, 97.8 Passer Rating (Jags game talk page 13 on)
On 11/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, Gene1973 said:

So the Jags game should knock Allen out of the MVP race. 2 INT and a lost fumble, 0TD's.

Yep...

On 11/7/2021 at 11:23 AM, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Someone lock this thread, it is no longer relevant.

Even after that stinker... you're both wrong

https://theathletic.com/news/buccaneers-tom-brady-bills-josh-allen-nfl-mvp-favorites/ozXD5sfdcmzH/

Buccaneers' Tom Brady, Bills' Josh Allen tied as NFL MVP favorites, via BetMGM

The Buccaneers’ Tom Brady and the Bills’ Josh Allen are the betting favorites to win the NFL MVP award after Week 9, according to BetMGM. The quarterbacks are tied atop the betting board at +350. Allen led the odds after Week 8.

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray sits third (+500) after missing Arizona’s Week 9 win over the 49ers with an injury.

This cluster of quarterbacks follows Murray: the Rams’ Matthew Stafford (+750), the Cowboys’ Dak Prescott (+900), the Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (+900), the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson (+1100), the Chargers’ Justin Herbert (+1600).

The Bills, despite losing in Week 9 to Jacksonville, remain the betting favorites to win Super Bowl LVI. Their lead has slipped a touch from last week as the Bills stand at +550.

On 11/7/2021 at 12:36 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So tell us oh wise one. 

what this crap means?

Absolutely nothing 

You seem so angry all the time now.  You gettin enough love at home?  

You can always choose to say nothing, but you just love pointing angry fingers. 

I'm sorry things suck for you so much that you have to do that.  Hope your life gets better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Even after that stinker... you're both wrong

https://theathletic.com/news/buccaneers-tom-brady-bills-josh-allen-nfl-mvp-favorites/ozXD5sfdcmzH/

Buccaneers' Tom Brady, Bills' Josh Allen tied as NFL MVP favorites, via BetMGM

The Buccaneers’ Tom Brady and the Bills’ Josh Allen are the betting favorites to win the NFL MVP award after Week 9, according to BetMGM. The quarterbacks are tied atop the betting board at +350. Allen led the odds after Week 8.

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray sits third (+500) after missing Arizona’s Week 9 win over the 49ers with an injury.

This cluster of quarterbacks follows Murray: the Rams’ Matthew Stafford (+750), the Cowboys’ Dak Prescott (+900), the Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (+900), the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson (+1100), the Chargers’ Justin Herbert (+1600).

The Bills, despite losing in Week 9 to Jacksonville, remain the betting favorites to win Super Bowl LVI. Their lead has slipped a touch from last week as the Bills stand at +550.

I’ve seen Brady a slight favorite most places. Allen firmly in the conversation. People don’t seem to realize it’s a season-long award, not a week 8 award.

Although for my money the best value is Lamar Jackson 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/7/2021 at 11:53 PM, HappyDays said:

So who is the MVP favorite right now? Henry is out for the season. Stafford just singlehandedly lost a game. Murray sat out with an injury and his team still blew out a division rival. Dak played terrible today in a loss. Brady's last game ended on a game sealing pick. I guess going off of recency bias the MVP right now is Lamar Jackson.

Still Brady. Maybe Jackson 2nd?

On 11/8/2021 at 12:14 AM, Gene1973 said:

It won't be Allen so I agree with locking the thread. 

I'm pretty sure you would lock any thread unless it is about how terrible the team is.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:35 PM, GoBills808 said:

I’ve seen Brady a slight favorite most places. Allen firmly in the conversation. People don’t seem to realize it’s a season-long award, not a week 8 award.

Although for my money the best value is Lamar Jackson 

Tonight is NOT the only reason for this opinion as I think even before tonight Jackson has been overrated for this season...

That said, I disagree 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.