Jump to content

O-Line Was a Major Issue Today.


wppete
 Share

Recommended Posts

I feel the OLine cost us majorly today, especially the center and left side. Morse was getting dominated and Feliciano and Dawkins looked awful. Though Daryl Williams and Spencer brown fought hard even though some mistakes they at least fought hard. But Dion Dawkins was a major disappointment again especially the 4th down at the end where he Dawkins completely got destroyed and dominated. He lost us this game. We need to address the oline next year. 

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, QB Bills said:

Was debating starting a topic on that awful effort by Dawkins on the 4th down. He gets paid way too much money to get blown up like that. He really did cost the Bills the game there.


Yeah something is up with him. It seems like he is disinterested and not serious ad it unfortunate as his position is s very serious position on this team. No wonder he isn’t a captain this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The OL did cost us today although they still put up enough points to win the game...

 

However, there are bigger fish to fry later in the season.. and even next year...

 

So what is the long term plan with this OL?

 

Morse, Feliciano need to be replaced in 2022..  do they have money left in the cap to do it in FA?

 

 

 

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, wppete said:

I feel the OLine cost us majorly today, especially the center and left side. Morse was getting dominated and Feliciano and Dawkins looked awful. Though Daryl Williams and Spencer brown fought hard even though some mistakes they at least fought hard. But Dion Dawkins was a major disappointment again especially the 4th down at the end where he Dawkins completely got destroyed and dominated. He lost us this game. We need to address the oline next year. 

Especially on the QB sneak that got Josh stopped on the goal line 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The OL did cost us today although they still put up enough points to win the game...

 

However, there are bigger fish to fry later in the season.. and even next year...

 

So what is the long term plan with this OL?

 

Morse, Feliciano need to be replaced in 2022..  do they have money left in the cap to do it in FA?

 

 

 

 

 

Creed Humphry could have replaced Morse, but we drafted Basham, and then didn't play him today.   

 

likely we draft a center.  not sure who we replace Feliciano with.  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RyanC883 said:

 

Creed Humphry could have replaced Morse, but we drafted Basham, and then didn't play him today.   

 

likely we draft a center.  not sure who we replace Feliciano with.  

 

I was the biggest critic here about the Basham pick...and would have much preferred Humphrey...

 

Copped a few eye roll emoticons and red crosses  at the time though...

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Fans travel well to Nashville, the team does not. 

 

That could be a point

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

 

I was the biggest critic here about the Basham pick...and would have much preferred Humphrey...

 

Copped a few eye roll emoticons and red crosses  at the time though...

 

FWIW I was with you

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The OL did cost us today although they still put up enough points to win the game...

 

However, there are bigger fish to fry later in the season.. and even next year...

 

So what is the long term plan with this OL?

 

Morse, Feliciano need to be replaced in 2022..  do they have money left in the cap to do it in FA?

 

 

 

 

I agree, Morse, Feliciano and Dawkins need to be upgraded next year. They get absolutely zero push in the run game and their pass pro is just average. I’ve been focusing on Dawkins all year and he is not playing at a high level and looks below average at best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed OP. The Oline stunk and it was pretty evident what Daboll thought when they spent most of the 2nd half in max protect. I'll forgive Spencer Brown as he is a rookie, but the rest of the line was pretty much horrible as well and has little excuse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever have the OL to pretend we have a running attack. I know our RB's are both pretty mediocre but without any run option, teams can drop dbs and ignore the run.

 

Hi.  I'm the NFL stat sheet.  Do you realize this was the first game of the season the Bills didn't run for more than the league average # of rushing yards? 

 

Before this game we were #12 for rush yards and YPC.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Bills were a hair away from 38 points on the road. The o-line wasn’t the issue.

 

"hair away" doesn't get the job done.  The OL and the offense in general wasn't the worst problem, but they were disappointing tonight, for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...